• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Gordon Ramsay Thread! ( And recipe sharing)

fallout19980

Just some guy writing stories and playing dota
While taking a break from work, the idea of setting up a Gordon Ramsay thread popped in mind. Watching his shows ( the UK versions, the US versions are total TOSH) is somewhat of a tradition in my family. I can go on and on about how much I loathe the US crap...
Anyway, feel free to discuss, share your thoughts on the guy or just simply post danky memes.
Kinda hard keeping it PG13 considering the source material.
Ramsay.jpg

Attachments

• Ramsay.jpg
    Ramsay.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 58

Yakamaru

Spookdogg
I SHALL ENJOY THE HELL OUT OF THIS THREAD!
Gordon-Ramsay-Meme.png

Yakamaru

Spookdogg
gordan-ramsay-this-roll-is-so-bad.jpg

fallout19980

The show puts so much emphasis on post production: they install dozens of cameras in there and jump cut just way too frequently. One scene in particular, that was only 2 minutes by the way, had like 30 something jump cuts from 7 different angles including flashback sequences ( no better way to treat the audience like idiots other than setting up flashbacks for things we've seen). The montage sequences... I hope the people who watch that crap don't suffer from epilepsy.

The thing that made the UK version so unique was that it was being narrated by Ramsay. He gives insight, his professional opinion, and the occasional humor. You could relate to the guy, after all he is the star of the show. The US version has a faceless narrator who's really good at pointing out the painfully obvious.

The score plays non stop. If it were a good score, I wouldn't mind. But its not, its mediocre and generic at best. The score shifts depending on the mood, or the atmosphere inside the restaurant, like if the owner is sad or depressed the score will shift to depressing piano and violin; its almost as if the show is saying "Hey, something sad is going on. I'm showing you that its sad. I'm telling you its sad by putting sad music. You should feel sad!" Such an aggressive score. At least the UK version could afford some good licensed songs.

And the final gripe is the chefs. Almost all of the US chefs believe that their food is Michelin star material. When proven wrong by Ramsay, they and the owners immediately become defensive. You are arguing with Gordon Ramsay. The guy currently has 6 Michelin stars worldwide. He can tell if the food is good or not.

And the owners are clueless as to why the restaurant is failing to which I'm like.;"Your restaurant is failing because of the food. People can forgive you for being far away; Its a long drive but at least the food is good. People forgive crap service; the waiter is a douche but hey at least the food is good. People can forgive bad décor; man this place might breakdown any second but at least the food is good. People go in there to EAT. If the food isn't good, THEY WILL NOT EAT THERE, YOU MUPPET."

Yup that's my rant about kitchen nightmares US. A nightmare for the viewer.

D

Deleted member 82554

Damn, for a second there I thought this thread was about cooking. I was about to give advice on the best way to cook a steak.

Oh, well...

S

Sergei Sóhomo

Damn, for a second there I thought this thread was about cooking. I was about to give advice on the best way to cook a steak.

Oh, well...

We already know the best way. You fry it on 1 side on high for 8 minutes before flipping and making sure it's well done. Only when there's no pink is it perfect

Liam The Red

"Dad" Fox
When in a restaurant and asked how he would like his steak done, my father always used to say:" Just slide it over the grill, turn it over and slide it back onto a plate. "
I prefer mine a slight bit more warmed through than that, but I still think anything over 'medium' is a waste of a good steak, and you should just stick to the shoe leather you're asking for anyway.:p

...AANNNNDD.........Go!

fallout19980

When in a restaurant and asked how he would like his steak done, my father always used to say:" Just slide it over the grill, turn it over and slide it back onto a plate. "
I prefer mine a slight bit more warmed through than that, but I still think anything over 'medium' is a waste of a good steak, and you should just stick to the shoe leather you're asking for anyway.:p

...AANNNNDD.........Go!
I like mine medium rare with a bed of veg and pea/pumpkin puree.