• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Great Beyond

Piroshki

Thinking about this kind of thing used to make me really anxious, but then again so did just about everything else.
In any case, I don't really have a well-formed belief on this subject. The idea of a heaven of some sort existing is an appealing one, but I prefer not to think too hard about it, because whatever happens, thinking excessively and worrying about it aren't going to change it. It's sort of like how people who know they'll be killed want it to be a surprise so they worry less about it in advance.

Alderic

I have always strongly believed in reincarnation & karma. (I am buddhist)
I believe that if you insulted and bullied a disabled kid,karma would judge you and your next life you'd be disabled.

T

Tycho

I believe that if you insulted and bullied a disabled kid,karma would judge you and your next life you'd be disabled.

That's not exactly how karma works

jussayin

I mean, we talk about karma when someone gets a comeuppance, but it's not like that. Karma is a highly abused term.

Gavrill

ladies~
Uhhm. Have you ever actually listened to the teachings?

Buddhism doesn't work like that. If you were bad in this life, most likely you'd be an animal in the next life. But uh, that's Hindu anyway, not Buddhism. Buddhism is more about being good in this life without any sort of personal reward (like heaven). Although there's still mentions of karma in the teachings, it's not usually related at all to reincarnation. It's more about the here and now, since Buddhism's general direction is "be good in this life for the sake of being good".

At least that's what I gathered from the hours and hours I spent at the Korean Buddhist temple in Ft. Lauderdale.

meowtacles

I had a few theories in my life. The most scary was the thought that when you die, you just cease to exist, no more mind or spirit or body, you just turn into nothingness.
The second most scary is that everyone ends up in the same place. no punishment for bad people, no reward for the good.
Another scary one was that the afterlife is just like real life. Government and people telling you what to do for eternity. Having to work, and all that.
One I like is our souls get set free, and we are free to do whatever we want, even to just live in an imaginary place if we so choose, or just to float around the cosmos forever and explore space.
Reincarnation is one I believe in most, actually. I do think how you live your life and how you treat others will determine how you end up in another life. You may even end up in another universe.
Heaven and Hell are not things I believe in, nor is god.

SnowFox

That disabled kid probably deserved it anyway since he obviously insulted and bullied a disabled kid in his previous life :V

Heimdal

has a sexy learning disability
Because there is no definite proof for or against afterlife/reincarnation/etc, I must rationally go from personal experience.

I have no reason to believe I can die, because I have never died yet. So life after death is silly. At least in my own perspective. Certainly other people can die, but me? Nah.

meowtacles

I also strongly believe that your time/way of death is predetermined. I have been in quite a few situations where I should have died, but didn't. Same with loads of other people.

Also to add, I had another theory of how you die will be a factor in what happens in the afterlife. Maybe there is a suicide realm, a murder realm, a die of old age realm, so on.

L

LizardKing

I have been in quite a few situations where I should have died, but didn't. Same with loads of other people.

Wow, how amazing. Have you ever talked to anyone who's been in a situation where they should've died and did?

Oh. Right.

T

Tycho

I also strongly believe that your time/way of death is predetermined. I have been in quite a few situations where I should have died, but didn't. Same with loads of other people.

Also to add, I had another theory of how you die will be a factor in what happens in the afterlife. Maybe there is a suicide realm, a murder realm, a die of old age realm, so on.

A "die in a freak accident involving a unicycle, a box of jelly donuts and a framed picture of Rita Perlman" realm?

Dj_whoohoo

A "die in a freak accident involving a unicycle, a box of jelly donuts and a framed picture of Rita Perlman" realm?
lol realms really if you mean like when you die you go to paradise. A world made up of your memories , or a perfect place made to suit you. I would kinda believe that , but it sounds really retarded. You are going to to want something other then jelly donuts.

Dj_whoohoo

I actually don't remember a thing other than puking on one of the EMTs.
Oh, I can kinda imagine you wouldn't see anything because paramedics need to respond quick. So like after your heart stops they immediately gave you a shock to bring you back. If you would've been dead a litle longer I imagine you would have seen something. I remember watching tv a while back, they had a special on the afterlife. A guy said he had been dead for about a whole minute. He said that all he saw was a small light far away. And because of that he goes to church all the time. But other than that what happen to you that "killed" you?

Gavrill

ladies~
I was clinically dead for about 30 seconds, then again for...a minute-ish? It took a few shocks to get me back. It was just black besides the vague memories of opening my eyes and seeing doctors or EMTs.

I ODed on Tegretol. Took like 60 pills and laid down. Probably would've died if I had been anywhere other than the living room.

Dj_whoohoo

I was clinically dead for about 30 seconds, then again for...a minute-ish? It took a few shocks to get me back. It was just black besides the vague memories of opening my eyes and seeing doctors or EMTs.

I ODed on Tegretol. Took like 60 pills and laid down. Probably would've died if I had been anywhere other than the living room.
What the hell why you overdose on pills?! Then 60! wtf !If you were hungry you shoulda bake a cake

Gavrill

ladies~
What the hell why you overdose on pills?! Then 60! wtf !If you were hungry you shoulda bake a cake
Joke it up all you like, chuckles. I ain't gotta explain shit.

Why ask in the first place if you're not going to be okay with the answer?

Dj_whoohoo

Joke it up all you like, chuckles. I ain't gotta explain shit.

Why ask in the first place if you're not going to be okay with the answer?
I thought maybe you got shot and died or you had heart attack or drowned. But as longs as your okay and you are not trying to overdose or anything. Were did you get so much pills. Actually don't tell me, and remember don't OD I would feel terrible.

Gavrill

ladies~
I thought maybe you got shot and died or you had heart attack or drowned. But as longs as your okay and you are not trying to overdose or anything. Were did you get so much pills. Actually don't tell me, and remember don't OD I would feel terrible.
You need to consider all the possibilities to something. And I would really fucking appreciate not being a dick about it because you asked first.

And yeah, ODing is bad. You don't think I got that drilled into my head? Seriously, dude. I don't like talking about it but was attempting to further what I assumed to be a mature discussion. But I guess I was expecting too much. :/

T

Tycho

Do you know how many pills they generally give you per Rx refill? I get a LOT of fucking pills per refill. Way more than 60. Try 180ish a bottle. And that's just ONE med. If she was supposed to take 2 a day and that was a month's worth, that's 60. I forget how much tegretol they had me on, prob 2 a day. And count how many Tylenol there are in a new bottle.

Dj_whoohoo

At garvill I meant my reply in a good and concerned way. Not like iwas bashing you for ODing or anything, I had been initially worried. I did say as long as your not like doing again, again I did mean it in a good concerned way.

At tycho, I don't use prescription drugs because I am rarely sick. And the only meds I get are for my asthma or allergies which I only get like 15 pills. So I didn't know that you get 60 to 180 pills

L

LizardKing

At tycho, I don't use prescription drugs because I am rarely sick. And the only meds I get are for my asthma or allergies which I only get like 15 pills. So I didn't know that you get 60 to 180 pills

"The pills I get are totally different to the pills you get, why are your pills different?"