• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Great Beyond

Fenrari

Prince of Wolves
After looking at the view points of many groups, I've come to a modified karma based view style/point.

(This of course being a creation based on several different ideas)

At death the body and soul separate. The body should naturally return to the Earth if able and thus fuel nature for another generation. As for the Soul, it dissolves into a network of some sort, combining with other streams until it is fated to be reborn.

Ya know I'd like to think that all the world's past major religions play some part in the after life. The judging of the soul by the three judges in Egyptian mythology really appeals to me for some reason. And to a similar note also the basis behind Norse gods as well.

Aetius

It's Me Gordon, Barney from Black Mesa
Death is the most anti-climatic thing ever :C

Nothing happens.

Dj_whoohoo

@fenrari
I do base alot of the stuff i do in life on karma.
"Karma a bitch, it's always good to treat her right..." - Dj whoohoo
This is how I go about living life, cause you never know.

jeff

en masturbatorium
I heard a hypothesis once that it could be, when you die, since your brain is shutting off and losing all notion of how to interpret the world, it sends your 'consciousness' (being loose with the definition here) into sort of an infinite loop in which you no longer perceive any passing of time. So what that idea is saying is that you may just find yourself in a permanent dreamlike state, independent of time, and hence which goes on forever from your point of view. So something like an afterlife, more relative to your decaying corpse's brain tissue sending out its very last signals, which you might perceive as an everlasting dream but which only takes a few seconds in real time.
But I don't think it's a very well-supported idea.

have you ever taken dmt
there's some 'support' for it
forever, probably not
but i think the reincarnation mythos might have a finite end (maybe!)

@conker: well i think most people who can read understand that, but any definition of hell is equally arbitrary it always is a place you go and it sucks i think that was my general idea
so uh i mean just a jump off point for everyone talking about how hell is an arbys filled with your ugly friends

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
Its not. Biblically that is way off. If you are interested, I can explain further. But, in general, what we do here, affects us up there.
He's proven himself to be a much more trustworthy and less insane scholar than yourself. Odds are I"ll hope that both of you are wrong, anyways.

meowtacles

Do you know how many pills they generally give you per Rx refill? I get a LOT of fucking pills per refill. Way more than 60. Try 180ish a bottle. And that's just ONE med. If she was supposed to take 2 a day and that was a month's worth, that's 60. I forget how much tegretol they had me on, prob 2 a day. And count how many Tylenol there are in a new bottle.

i only get 6 pills per bottle of my prescription, and i need them everyday.

meowtacles

lol, it's my vomit medicine. i guess i don't HAVE to take them everyday, but I like to not puke everyday. :p just so i don't end up having to be in the hospital on fluids.

Dj_whoohoo

lol, it's my vomit medicine. i guess i don't HAVE to take them everyday, but I like to not puke everyday. :p just so i don't end up having to be in the hospital on fluids.
What happen to you that you puke everyday? Did you see something like bluewaffle but worse? If you never seen bluewaffle don't. I saw it on accident and almost lost my appetite for a week

R

Rukh_Whitefang

He's proven himself to be a much more trustworthy and less insane scholar than yourself. Odds are I"ll hope that both of you are wrong, anyways.

Right, because having perfect relationships/friendships with all the people you knew on earth in heaven is such a horrible thought...

What we do here on earth, is being used to build us a house in heaven. (For those that are saved) Our lives on earth are the stones used to make that house.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xenke

I have pills.

They really don't do anything.

30 per bottle, once a day, etc.

I'm only taking them as a precautionary measure prescribed by the doctor.

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Getting lethal doses of meds is trivial. Anyone can kill themselves with a single bottle of Tylenol. You'd be surprised how toxic that crap is to your system. I screwed up a doctor's instructions and took 6000mg in a single day b/c I was on other meds that screwed with my short term memory so I kept taking a dose, forgetting I took it and taking it again. The only reason I finally figured out how much I took is by counting how many pills were left in the bottle (thankfully it was a new one.) 6000 mg isn't much: 12 pills of extra-strength Tylenol. But it's a toxic dose. I was puking blood nearly all the next day, and was suffering from painful nausea for 3 days after that... and that was with medical help! Without medical intervention, I would have been in really bad shape. I probably would have survived, but I would have had permanent liver damage. A lethal dose probably isn't much more than what I took, and I did that by accident!

(Anti-suicide note: death by Tylenol poisoning is a REALLY HORRIBLE way to go that takes of days of agony before you finally pass. If anyone is suicidal, seek help rather than considering offing yourself with anything, much less Tylenol.)

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
How did this thread become about suicide by pills?

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic

The_Lightning_Fox

Your days are numbered!
Well think of me as an opprotunist. I expect myself to die, be burnt, set in a pot on a mantle with my portrait on a mantle, staring at my great-great grandkids. However if something does happen say St. P. is there looking at my life then saying "it says here you din't beleive in god" in reply, "yeah, but you know I never took things on face value, and why would god care if I beleive if I still acted moraly?"

Or any other possible after death outcomes there are!

dinosaurdammit

White Devil
Oh, my cousin made sure I saw that, don't worry. Just pregnant and I guess baby likes to make me puke. :p

Ginger helps, also there is this sucker without a stick called preggipops or something and I used it. Also the best anti nausea meds are REGLAN ask for it insta relief.

T

Tycho

What we do here on earth, is being used to build us a house in heaven. (For those that are saved) Our lives on earth are the stones used to make that house.

Whatevs. I got a condominium in Hell and a vacation home in Purgatory. Vice is nice. :cool: