• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The hipster thread: what are the things that everybody loves but that you hate?

Ariosto

Well, I got a few more:
Cars in general.
Alcohol.
Football (over here in Latinamerica, it's super popular).

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
MLP is a fucking awful show. Rainbow diarrhea in animated form.

Argonne

Why worry

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
Opinions.

Bazinga

I can't draw, so I'm sorry.
Most mainstream music. Especially rap. It's just not right anymore.

Also Micheal Bay movies. I just want him to stop, just stop.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
I find that the quality often varies with the branch. My most local KFC is great, but whenever I go to the one near work, I get some atrocity that tastes like ash and they are really stingy with the fries. The local one they like to spoil me =3

Yeah i know what you mean, its always the ones that are in least busier areas that are the nicest i think.

Ratical

True, I don't like modern video games much, they've become so homogenous at this point.

I'm with you, I like older games too. Whenever I see someones favorite games list and I start thinking about my own, it's always hard to think of stuff after the 2000s. It might be partially my fault though because EQII and WoW consumed so much of my gaming time from that decade forward and I barely played anything else. EQII had a rat race, man. And I don't mean the normal MMO hectic grind I mean it literally had a race of rat people.

But I always go back to old games. New stuff not so much. I think I'm too set in my ways, but I love the charm. Everything's either too big budget overblown or a smaller affair that gets swept up in the massive torrent of indie stuff that's being pumped out.

ShioBear

EH b0sss
Banned
I'm with you, I like older games too. Whenever I see someones favorite games list and I start thinking about my own, it's always hard to think of stuff after the 2000s. It might be partially my fault though because EQII and WoW consumed so much of my gaming time from that decade forward and I barely played anything else. EQII had a rat race, man. And I don't mean the normal MMO hectic grind I mean it literally had a race of rat people.

But I always go back to old games. New stuff not so much. I think I'm too set in my ways, but I love the charm. Everything's either too big budget overblown or a smaller affair that gets swept up in the massive torrent of indie stuff that's being pumped out.
depends what you mean by modern. if its modern AAA then im with you. but there is plenty of sweet games made by modern independent game makers.

T

TheMetalVelocity

America. Other people are proud of it, but I fucking hate this country.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ieono

Uberaffe
Teenagers. Such a tragedy that our society is so fixated on them.

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
Dude, your hater days are numbered.
The bronies now know about you. They will find you.

Can you really say that you hate... Fluttershy?
I never said I hated bronies. I just can't stand that stupid show. Kinda like how I am not big on rap, but if others like rap, good for them. After all, everyone has different opinions on everything.
And may all your ponies burn.

Rookridge

I hate Game of thrones and Attack on Titan I don't know why everybody loves those shows so much I've seen a few episodes of each and could careless about them.

Ratical

depends what you mean by modern. if its modern AAA then im with you. but there is plenty of sweet games made by modern independent game makers.

Absolutely. I tend to like indie stuff a more nowadays. They're less likely to suffer the pitfalls of a lot of modern, high-budget stuff like day-one patches, DLC, DRM, etc. I guess that's a pretty hipster statement, but it's in the spirit of the thread.

Arcana

career lurker
Most smartphones.

Most of the people around me at school used a samsung or an iphone (save the 2 people I knew with htc phones)... I can't really stand anything that has had the UI shit on, or apple stuff in general.

LazerMaster5

Lost in the Static
I am not a fan of Marilyn Mansion. He seems a bit edgy and whiny for my tastes.

Astus

Well Known Foxxo
Candy crush is dumb, I don't know why so many people play it

N

Nyro46

Zootopia am sick of it thanks to the hype

I don't even have an opinion on it yet because the trailer doesn't even really say much of what the movie's even about.

Also it's made by the people that brought Frozen...