• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The "how come..." thread

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
TundraWolfBlade said:
Why the hell do i have to work at teh times when most other furries are on FA.

Because you live in a time zone that sucks.

I didn't think it was that hard to figure out.

Dead-Zero

Why are children born, only to die of a disease a few years later?
Why are hard-working people paid little to nothing, while celebrities and and people who play games like "baseball" or "football" making millions?

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
sgolem said:
Another question: Why does it hurt when I pee?

AIDS_Demotivator.jpg

M. LeRenard

Is not French
If you drink Pepsi at work in the Coke factory, will they fire you?
No, but if you drink Coke and work at the Pepsi factory they will. True story.

How come hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?
I know, I know. The Animaniacs already addressed that question. :p

sgolem

M. Le Renard said:

How come hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?
I.... I DON'T KNOW!!

Dead-Zero

sgolem said:
M. Le Renard said:

I.... I DON'T KNOW!!

because then you have to go buy more hotdogs, making the hotdog company more money.

Silverdragon00

Banned
Banned
Dead-Zero said:
sgolem said:
M. Le Renard said:

I.... I DON'T KNOW!!

because then you have to go buy more hotdog buns, making the hotdog buns company more money.

Fixed

boku

greg-the-fox said:
This is the thread where we ponder things... whether they are unanswerable questions, simple insecurities, or paradoxes that cannot be explained. I'll start with an example:

How come my mind is most active right before I fall asleep? I get my greatest ideas then and I remember things that I had forgotten durring the day.

You don't nessecarily have to answer someone else's question, but you can take a stab at it and try to explain it if you want. And just for kicks, try to make every question star with "how come..."

Go.
Seriously. When my heart is dying from exhaustion I'm up drawing anyway. It's when I turn out some of my better (if you want to call them that to begin with) sketches.

How come nobody stops at stop signs (they just roll right through, ignoring you if you stopped before them like the law requires) but the same idiots come to a full, annoying stop for no reason at YIELD signs. I am a cyclist, and it is a pain. Does it kill you to use a turn signal? Christ.

BijouxDeFoxxe

shake wut ur mama gave u
what hotdogs are you buying? The hotdogs i buy come 8 to a pack, and same with the buns.

And I think the having to pee when you are almost asleep has to do with the body relaxing.

Why is cream cheese so darn yummy?

crimsonwolf90

Next subj... I mean, customer!
Well, cream is good...and so is cheese...and if you put two things good things together they always taste good....right?

right?

How can somthing be good for you and bad for you at the same time?

TundraWolfBlade

I'm a littile tied up atm
Well drinking powerade is good...unless ur diabetic and ur glucose is high...*sighes.*

How come i have the urge to strangle everything around me...

crimsonwolf90

Next subj... I mean, customer!
Seratuhl said:
Why does my male body produce more estrogen than needed?

Why do I yearn to see more women die in violent action films?

Why am I so drawn to the scent and sight blood?

>_>

1. becuase your x chromisome would die and your Y would be lonely.

2. because they never seem to die when they need to...no offence.

3. because your...yeah...can't answer that, sorry.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
adambomb said:
Can you cry under water?

Yes.

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

Well, they either have to be a President or an ass... or both.

If money doesn't grow on trees then why do banks have branches?

Because, if they had twigs, people wouldn't be so ready to trust them with their money. AKA - Branches are stronger than twigs!

Since bread is square, then why is sandwich meat round?

Because breadpans are square, while animals are meaty and round.

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"... but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to?

Congratulations, you've just discovered the secret to "higher math"!

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

No, it's worse. Clothes, you see, don't have souls. So, you spend your eternity... naked.

What disease did cured ham actually have?

Trichinosis.

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Well, rockets don't have wheels... isn't that obvious? Oh, and people then were less lazy.

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

Because... ummm... that's about how often older men and pregnant women have to pee in the night.

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

I would think so, but at least a deaf person should have no problem signing any paperwork.

Only if you burp.

Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?

People pay good money to see a movie... they want to get INvolved in what they watch, then. But TV is free, and you have to turn it ON in order to watch it.

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Because they want to see if the little ants down below are really people.

How come we choose from just two people for President and fifty for Miss America?

Because sex sells, while Presidents tend to stress people out. The less of them to look at, the better!

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see you naked anyway.

They do that to give you a chance to hide your dirty underwear.

If a 911 operator has a heart attack, whom does he/she call?

Ghostbusters?

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?

Because a bra covers a "singular" feature, while panties cover multiple attributes.

Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup?

No. However, they do get the same level of nutrition.

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out!"

Probably the same person who "discovered" mushrooms.

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

Because toasters are evil.

Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?

Most likely, your bulb needs replacing. Or you bought a cheap refrigerator/freezer.

When your photo is taken for your driver's license, why do they tell you to smile? If you are stopped by the police and asked for your license, are you going to be smiling?

Only if I use that public speaking trick, and imagine the officer is naked.

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a stupid song about him?

Because cracking corn is noisy, so he got noticed.

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?

Only if you prop said corpse up in the passenger seat. (Don't forget to buckle him/her in...)

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Well, he actually did figure out how, but... as usual... Gilligan screwed it up.

Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

Because pointing at your crotch has a different meaning, entirely.... *

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs!

Better question is, why doesn't Pluto wear clothes!? Or, why doesn't Goofy run around naked.... * (Oh, oh! Even better question... Why don't Goofy and Pluto sniff each other's butts? They're both dogs!)

What do you call male ballerinas?

Ballerinos.

Can blind people see their dreams? Do they dream?

Yes, they dream. But no, they can't "see" their dreams, unless they lost their sight later in life, rather than at birth.

If Wyle E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?

It's the principle of the thing. That, and I've heard roadrunners are very delicious (and not available on any menu or store shelf...)

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?

Mineral oil.

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Not sure, but I have heard of morons sticking butter knives into toasters, and getting themselves electrocuted (Remember, toasters are evil...)

Is Disney World the only people trap operated by a mouse?

Hey, don't forget Disneyland!

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

You delight in spreading rumors, don't you?

Why did you just try singing the two songs above?

Because I can, and proud of it, too!

Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it's in your butt?

Because an asteroid would be a bigger pain, if it hit you in the butt. That, and when your hemorrhoids flare up, it feels like half the planet is stuck up there.

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?

Before you blew in the dog's face, did you remember to brush your teeth? Dogs don't like halitosis any more than you do, and they have better noses!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Leahtaur

How come in the Bleach anime, Ichigo's dad is for some reason really creepy and sexually inappropriate with his 10 year old daughters, but in the manga, there is no sign of this? (Yes I saw the anime before reading the manga.)

How come I just woke from a half-asleep, half-awake dream that I was a file folder in the wrong bin, wedged between my boyfriend and cat on the bed? This dream also had some disjointed images of a wheat-field mixed in.

How come Terry Pratchett is so awesome? (I'm starting to hate this phrase and it's weird grammar.)

Get-dancing

If a vampire was not a chritsian in his or her past life, could you still use a crucifix to repell them?
If someone abuses the rights of fireworks, guns or alcohol then how come people would want to outlaw them or put restrictions on owning them, yet if someone hacks into a bank and steals loads of money or sends out nasty emails no one wants to outlaw or put restrictions on owning computers?
Can black people get moles?
Who was the first person to point at a cow and say "I think I'll squeeze whose pink dangly things and drink whatever comes out."?
Why dont they make root beer flavoured ice-cream? Surely that would taste better for root beer floats.
Why does Ruby Wax have so many careers on television?
Is it definete proof that we will never work out how to travel back in time from the fact there are no crazy future people running in and out everywhere?