• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

THE INCREDIBLES vs. WATERSHIP DOWN: Which movie is better?

Which movie is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Huey

Weapons-grade =D
eb_8.JPG
VS.
watershipdvd.jpg

Main thread: Here!

This poll will close at 12:30AM EDT (UTC -04:00) this Friday, 7/18.

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
Watership Down is going to win, not only because it has cute fluffy animals, but because...it has cute fluffy animals.

The Incredibles was faintly entertaining in its own way.

Beastcub

I'm pretty much in this situation as well. Although I've read the book, and I enjoyed it.

the movie is a good protrayal of the book, it simplified and changed a few things but overall the book was translated to film very well and stayed true to the book in that the story was not "disneyfied" as the movie is rather violent and i wonder how many kids it turamatized.

and the scene where fiver followed the black rabbit to where hazle was is just wonderfully done and i and i love the song bright eyes.

my only personla nitpick is Blackavar was not protrayed well in the film and love his character in the book (he also does not get killed by woundwort in the book)

Tæfarós

That's a BINGO!
Oh wow, um. I watched Watership last year and I'm not ashamed to admit that it scared the crap outta me. The early scene with Fiver's vision gave me chills, not to mention its portrayal of rabbity violence. Watership gets my vote for its power and rawness. Sure, Incredibles has actual power (superpower, har har), and I love it, but it don't got no rabbity violence.

Speaking of: http://wolfire.com/lugaru.html

L

LizardKing

Watership Down is going to win, not only because it has cute fluffy animals, but because...it has cute fluffy animals.

You've obviously never seen it. They're far from cute. The General in particular.

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
Hmm... not seen Watership Down for like 25 years, but I do remember most of it. I voted for the Incredibles though because it's got great humour, neat story idea, and is fun to watch repeatedly. Watership down has a great moral and is a timeless classic, but it's the sort of movie I'd only ever want to see once.

Halfeb_the_Dingo

Procrastination makes Perfect
Superheros = WIN!!!

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Watership down. The Incredibles was OK, but i see it more as a simple clone of all the goofy CG animation that is popping up these days. Just because it is widespread and liked by children doesn't make it good. I long for the days of actually ANIMATED MOVIES. CG kids movies are boring, period.

Merion

AKA Chaberki
I've seen both, but I don't really enjoy movies about humans :0 (I'M SUCH A FURFAG. X'D)
So I'm voting for Watership Down =3

Arc

Grim's Delicate Flower
Watership Down

It is awesome period.
Sure some parts scared the shit out of me,
since I was very young when I watched it,
but it was a movie, I never will forget.

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
Watership Down

It is awesome period.
Sure some parts scared the shit out of me,
since I was very young when I watched it,
but it was a movie, I never will forget.

I seriously need to watch it again - I haven't seen it since well before you were born. I remember a rabbit den/community, and then later a bunch of rabbits brutally attacking one of their own for reasons which I don't recall. *adds to list of many things to watch again*

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
I seriously need to watch it again - I haven't seen it since well before you were born. I remember a rabbit den/community, and then later a bunch of rabbits brutally attacking one of their own for reasons which I don't recall. *adds to list of many things to watch again*

I remember it was bloody. And that compared to the book it was horribly innacurate. I swear I read that thing six times in grade seven. I would literally finish the last page, then turn to the first page and start reading again (Is it any wonder why I got pelted with snowballs when I was 13? :cool:).

but as a standalone movie it was pretty good.

Me, it's going to be The Incredibles. NO CAPES! :grin:

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
I wasn't a big fan of the incredibles but watership down was alright.

Grimfang

I wasn't impressed by the Incredibles, and I only saw about 3/4ths of Watership Down (when I was 8 or 9, I think) before my parents saw violence on the tv screen and ripped my heart out from the VCR... haven't seen the ending to this day.

So I have to say Watership Down.