• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Kangaroo's sketchbook of sketched stuff and such!

Kangamutt

I figured it was high time I should put one of these things up. I'll be trying to update this as much as I can between my photo work and such.
(However, if anyone's interested in that, I could make this a sketchbook/darkroom thread. After all, the elements of drawing/painting apply there too!)
Anyway, onto the drawings and crits!

I finished this one last night, a bit of character illustration for a story I'm working on:
1371622961.kanagrooboy_mange.jpg

As well, working on a design for his vehicle hinted in the background above:
1371705123.kanagrooboy_mangebuggywip.jpg

Any and all input greatly appreciated.

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
It is hoped to see you posting art.

I do think you should flip the first image, because you will notice that your character has uneven neckline and shoulders.

Kangamutt

Yeah I meant to start one of these forever ago. Distractions are such awful things.

Anyhow, sheesh, you're right. So I've taken the line layer, duped part of it, removed some cosmetics and worked the shoulders/neck over a bit, wanted to emphasize him putting weight on that one arm with a lean. Also felt the head was a bit off-kilter too.
How's this? The updated version is on the right.
2wqucu1.jpg

Last edited:

crankybat

angry flying rat
the right shoulder still looks a bit "meatier" if that makes sense, while the one bearing the weight looks flimsier.
the mecha leg looks awesome though!

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
The torso needs adjusting too as it's shifted more to the viewer's left.

Kangamutt

Thanks much for the input, though I'm having a little trouble seeing just where the issues are with that shoulder, Cranky, and the torso shift, Arshes. I'm assuming it looks as if it's leaning left instead of toward the right, now?

As well, a few more rough sketches from the past week:
1372657890.kanagrooboy_doodles1.jpg

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
I guess the way to put it best is that the foreshortening is incorrect. If the torso is facing the viewers left, the clavicles as well as the deltoids would be foreshortened to reflect this.

<-------> (shoulders are facing viewer face on
/ <--- torso at an angle.

Kangamutt

I'm seeing it, now. Neck/shoulders have always been the thorn in my side for figures.

Kangamutt

Klaatu, barratum, necktie! Getting the dust and cobwebs off this thread and posting up some sketches.
CFqX7Ln.jpg

RQUNsjN.jpg

kR7ndaU.jpg

And one that I've been chipping away at for a good while. Guns always seem to be a pain for me to design...
pKgRsFy.jpg

kolae

dumb dog
I really like those vehicles you've sketched out. I think a fullblown picture of a character on/using a vehicle would look really great in your style.

it'd be a ton for work though :c

Kangamutt

I definitely want to do some more nice ones, and they are very time consuming:
1363383822.kanagrooboy_therider.jpg

I was up well into the early morning on this one when I was done. But for the most part, all the sci-fi/post-apoc style stuff I've been working on is all part of a story I've been writing and hoping to make into a comic. It's definitely one of those labor of love projects that's for sure, and I'm still trying to nail down how I want it to look when I get into actually making them:

1377750346.kanagrooboy_shipyard.jpg

1378758838.kanagrooboy_run.jpg

1364497701.kanagrooboy_bandit-lord.jpg

Though in the end, I might stick with a simplified, rough-edged/sketch style for the actual comic:
sHqPYpC.jpg

1382070780.kanagrooboy_paneltest.jpg

Kangamutt

Ought to update this. More sketchums.
NNRmWHc.jpg

vOCk0aU.jpg

ukcd5ds.jpg

hcPv6om.jpg

AXanVoD.jpg

8b5863d35bbcd0e21056a0bdd6f30d0b2ef1ae3bd8f92fce2e7c9b374bb8ae7b.jpg

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
Nice mechs. Your leg construction is still a bit wonky though. Do you want redlining help on any of them?

Kangamutt

By all means.

TransformerRobot

Robot in disguise
I figured it was high time I should put one of these things up. I'll be trying to update this as much as I can between my photo work and such.
(However, if anyone's interested in that, I could make this a sketchbook/darkroom thread. After all, the elements of drawing/painting apply there too!)
Anyway, onto the drawings and crits!

I finished this one last night, a bit of character illustration for a story I'm working on:
1371622961.kanagrooboy_mange.jpg

As well, working on a design for his vehicle hinted in the background above:
1371705123.kanagrooboy_mangebuggywip.jpg

Any and all input greatly appreciated.

I. Want. That. Fucking. Car.

Kangamutt

I really like your unique designs and the way you shade metal stuff. Nice work!

Thanks a lot, man. I'm taking that remark about the metal to heart especially, because texturing things like metal and stone is my fucking jam. <3

Did a quickie on a couple bandits that actually got names! Even if they are mere lackeys.
3U6VOvz.jpg

RTDragon

RTP User
Oh come on, there are a lot of people who would think so.

Show us more stuff!!

Actually it's his sketchbook TR he's doing this for critique and improvement you kind of don't have that right to tell him what to do in his own sketchbook thread. I'm sure he has lots of other things as well to show.
Please keep that in mind what a sketchbook means from person to person.

Last edited:

Kangamutt

Oh come on, there are a lot of people who would think so.

Show us more stuff!!

If you're in junior high and they were still in office and actually relevant to people's lives. Better jokes have been made and are over. That being said, if you don't have anything worthwhile to say, I kindly ask that you refrain from posting.

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
Awesome stuff! Looks you got some serious time into it. I like the mecha and your use of the color on top of the drawings, very nice!