• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The language thread for languages

BenjiBat

First post! I've been studying German for a fair few years, to the point where I use it at work every day translating, but I'm nowhere near fluent when it comes to production. I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but there's a huge difference between passive and active language usage and I wish that I'd made the effort to speak more when I had the chance, when I worked in Germany for a year.

During uni I also took up Russian, but the others in the class really couldn't care less about the course and so it moved really slowly. I got the hang of the structure, but never really took in much vocab, a common issue for me. I've all-but given up on Russian, though.

I also started teaching myself Japanese about a year ago, which has progressed much more smoothly! I'm using Genki and sites like WaniKani and Memrise and trying to set my own goals, which seems to be working, but I guess I could be progressing a little faster, I've not even finished Genki 1 yet. Anybody wanting to 日本語を話す with a 初心者 should let me know!

Phew.

NekoXboy

i speak english, spanish and i'm trying to teach myself swedish, so if anybody would be interested in helping me with that, i would REALLY appreciate it

jag är inlärning svenska, men jag är så dålig. jag skulle älska lite hjälp! tack så mycket!!

MochiElZorro

Self-Appointed FAF Bitchmuffin
English is my Native Language.

Yo estudié español para tres años.
I studied Spanish for 3 years.
Ich spreche auch Deutsch... aber ich weiß nicht, genug, um ein Gespräch zu haben.
I also speak German... but I don't know enough to have a conversation.
私は 日本語を 話します が、 一年間 研究してきた。
I speak Japanese, but I've only studied for one year.
Jag vill tala svenska, men jag har inga resurser.
I want to speak Swedish, but I don't have the resources.

Last edited:
Hola furros! No sé si es el bueno lugar para preguntarlo pero estoy buscando a gente para platicaren español sobre Skype o algo así. Soy un francohablante de Québec y llevo cuatro años estudiando el español. El año próximo me voy de intercambio a Alicante, España así que quiero mejorar mi español hablado ya que no tengo muchas oportunidades de hacerlo fuera del Internet. Si queréis, también puedo hacer lo mismo con vosotros, es decir, conversar en francés o inglés para ayudaros. Si estáis interesados, podéis mandarme un Note, aquí o en FurAffinity como tal. Espero tener al menos unas pocas respuestas! :p -Furi

Me interesa. Pero hablas el español de España. Yo hablo el español de México. Sí me interesa, pero, ¿no importa si no soy de España nativamente?

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
Beg all your pardons here, but I have a question for someone... does anyone know what language this is, and maybe what she is singing?????
I like the music but have no clue what it is about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gfSE04ipBo
If you can help thanks!

rainfux

Beg all your pardons here, but I have a question for someone... does anyone know what language this is, and maybe what she is singing?????
I like the music but have no clue what it is about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gfSE04ipBo
If you can help thanks!
This is pure Russian (Русский) ​language.

Аз говоря Български език свободно и без ограничения.
I speak Bulgarian language freely and without limitations.

Меня все еще изучать Русский язык.
I still study the Russian language.

Kitsune Cross

**** that **** now! Bitch
I'm planing on learning another language, italian, french or portuguese, I wish I wasn't such a lazy bastard and actually start up

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
This is pure Russian (Русский) ​language.

Аз говоря Български език свободно и без ограничения.
I speak Bulgarian language freely and without limitations.

Меня все еще изучать Русский язык.
I still study the Russian language.
Russian... sounds like a nifty language! any idea what she is saying?

Nyeowzers

I also started teaching myself Japanese about a year ago, which has progressed much more smoothly! I'm using Genki and sites like WaniKani and Memrise and trying to set my own goals, which seems to be working, but I guess I could be progressing a little faster, I've not even finished Genki 1 yet. Anybody wanting to 日本語を話す with a 初心者 should let me know
Japanese
私も 日本語がちょっと話します。 漢字はまだまだです、500ぐらいをしている。日本で住んでいるので、日常会話ができます。
I can kinda speak Japanese. Still working on my kanji, I only know about 500. I live is Japan, so I can have daily conversations.

if anyone wants to practice, let me know! I need to start studying again!!

Nyeowzers

I am interested in speaking with a 初心者。
はじめまして❗️ わたしは ニェアオザズです!
おげんきですか?

Yoshimaster96

Japanese
魚は良いです。私が魚を食べるです。

Kokoro

私は話すことで日本語を勉強したい。  日本語の本で習うより話すことの方がです。

三百漢字を知りている。  語を話て習なくてだめ。

Last edited:

RabidLynx

I'm happy.
HOLY CRAP I CAN GERMAN NOW

Ich habe eine schwarze und weisse Hund namens Willow. Sie hat hellbraune augen.

...woooooo that's about all I know but I'm proud of myself

Norwegian
Noen som snakker en eller annen form for skandinavisk her?

I'm interested in learning a Scandinavian language. I don't really know why, lol. I think I'm going to try to learn Norwegian or Swedish after I know a bit more German.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
HOLY CRAP I CAN GERMAN NOW

Ich habe eine schwarze und weisse Hund namens Willow. Sie hat hellbraune augen.

...woooooo that's about all I know but I'm proud of myself

I'm interested in learning a Scandinavian language. I don't really know why, lol. I think I'm going to try to learn Norwegian or Swedish after I know a bit more German.
German is a great complementary language for scandinavian langauges. Most of them are germanic so they have their fair share of similarities. Wouldn't mind starting practicing german somewhere.
Now that you know how to form sentences all you need to do is gain a bigger vocab and just make up sentences like that and it'll stick to you.

Swedish, it's supposed to be my second language but I speak English far better.
Jag kan tala som svensk. Det är inte min först språk, men jag kan förstor mycket. Vi läsade det i skolor här. Min grammar är jättedålig..

I can speak some japanese too, but since this site fucks up kanji and kanas there isn't a point in demoing it with them. It's been a long time since I have said anything so I'm really rusty and bad.
Demo, nihongowa muzukashiito omoshiroidayone? kanjiwo wakarimasen, dakara benkyoshita ne? Watashino goi wa maa chiisaiyo. Tokidoki TED taakku kara go kikuru sorekara bun wo tatearuda.

Finnish, my native language:
Mitäpäs tässä sanoisi. Jos suomea osaat niin hyvä juttu, harva osaa ulkomailla. Kuuluuhan tähän suomen kieleen muutakin kuin pelkkä perkele.

I can read german pretty well, but I know nothing of the grammar so if I started forming sentences I'd just make myself a laughingstock. My vocab is tiny and mostly comprises of that of Rammstein's, Das Boot's and Stalingrad's :V

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
Apparently, it butchers umlauts too.

Eh... I am hella intimidated to try my Finnish following a native speaker. Plus, you just intimidate me in general, Coffee.

English is my mothertongue. Currently, I am learning Finnish. In high school, I learned German and French, but the latter has atrophied terribly. I still kept quite a bit of my German though. I've had a few attempts with Spanish but we are not so compatible. My mother's native language is Tagalog, so I've picked up some of that over the years as well. I can't speak it very well, but I can understand some of it. Particularly if it is screamed at me. I suppose it's only a matter of time before I pick up Swedish too, all things considered.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?

Chuchi

Where'd the time go?
It's called Sisu, the Finnish half of my family generally intimidate me lol. Especially when it comes to nudity, no shame.
I'm not intimidated by sisu, I admire it. And the nudity thing isn't exclusive to Finland, it has more to do with more conservative values being common in the US and, I imagine, Canada. I have noticed nudity and swearing abound, but not so much violence on air as I have in America.

Coffee is just an intimidating guy, is all. I can't see how anyone would be intimidated by Finnish sisu. It's a thing of beauty, really. Pity more of the world doesn't share it.

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I'm not intimidated by sisu, I admire it. And the nudity thing isn't exclusive to Finland, it has more to do with more conservative values being common in the US and, I imagine, Canada. I have noticed nudity and swearing abound, but not so much violence on air as I have in America.

Coffee is just an intimidating guy, is all. I can't see how anyone would be intimidated by Finnish sisu. It's a thing of beauty, really. Pity more of the world doesn't share it.
Agreed. Sisu is roughly translatable to determination/courage/perseverance, quite admirable even if I say so myself. Dunno how it's particularly scary.
I am curious now, how am I intimidating?

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Sisu is sorta sexy. :p

Just sayin.