• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Last of Us Among the Cosmos (canceled)

PC Master Race

The world is in ruins.
Forbidden knowledge of what lurks deep in the cosmos was never meant to be discovered, but it was only a matter of time until someone stepped over the threshold.
The truth spread like a plague.
Cults were slowly formed.
No-one noticed, until someone went missing.
No-one took action, until someone was found dead.
Slowly, and gently. This is how religions take a life.
Eventually, these followers became terrorists, their beliefs became sacrifices, and their ideals became destruction.
Their gods, their idols... became death, destroyers of world.

... But, if they can bleed, they can die.
Jin, the local elephant blacksmith.
Always aims to make the best of weapons and make the most out of them. Such is his passion. Such is his business.
Now, he is all business in facing the horrors, and sees no better opportunity for him to test his products.
So he can end this madness and chaos, as a business.

We'll arrive at the old road.
A narrow, twisted path, going through these sickening wastelands.
Eviscerena, an aged boar-lioness famed for her tracking skills and well-calculated, almost merciless kills in her hunts, back in her day, bringing down the most fearsome and ferocious of beasts and monsters as her prizes.
When they fall victim to the corruption of the horrors that are now still slowly consuming the whole world, the old huntress has for her a new purpose.
With these monstrosities, and their corrupted victims, now roam free in her own home, she brings her sharp eyes and cunning wit to the ultimate test.
To collect the biggest, grandest bounty yet, a hunter must hunt.

But, where angels fear to tread, it falls upon our shoulders to reclaim our home, to put these zealots' foolish ambitions to rest, and to send these abominations back to the depths of the abyss where they came from.
Jin's adopted daughter, Galaxy. An eldritch-cosmic beast herself, but not a monster, instead a bard in her prime. Gifted and talented with a captivating voice and beauty, she has always been a star on the stages, and a superstar for her father.
Now, she readies herself for the biggest act of a lifetime : to betray her own kind and her would-have-been worshippers, to retake her new home.
Her singing voice and dancing steps shall bring forth the force of the storm of the century on the horizon.

The show has only just begun.

So, kill all sons of bitches, rip them apart, tear them open, until they're all done for. That's my final instruction.
A retired guard and formerly an innkeeper, but not without some fight left in him. A hot-headed minotaur, as fierce and fearsome as a blazing flame.
When the cultists started to become a threat, he knew he was needed for duty again.
And when the monsters showed themselves, he knew there was only death-sentence for all and every single one of them.

Let there be law, and justice be done, though the heavens fall.

Mankind knew, they could not change society.
So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blame the monstrosities that answered their call.
The wheel of fate is turning.

Alright, so this is the rebooted and remastered version of my previous attempt at an eldritch-cosmic (Lovecraftian horror) RP. This time, with a massive nerf hammer to everything and everyone too, especially the powers (and especially me, oof), so it's (hopefully) more manageable and everyone is equal.
It's mainly the natural biological traits of your character's species that make a difference. A wolf's sensitive nose, a rabbit's hearing sense, a cheetah's speed, a tiger's strength, etc. all are important, so I encourage everyone to take those into account too.
I will try to keep this in line and not another infinitely ludicruous power-level ladder out of boundary like the previous ones (even I CRINGE every time I look back too, yikes).
With that said...
Rip and tear until it's done.
Good luck, and keep your guard up.

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
(I really want to get back into story rp, but idk how much time I have. Busy schedule. So here's a little intro to establish myself. If needed, anyone can call upon the Lost Coast for passage even if I'm not around)

On the high seas, horrors ride the waves. Only the brave or the foolish venture here, in these terrible times. The crew of the Lost Coast are made up of a hearty helping of both. They live for the hunt, fighting the wretched spawn of the deep as well as the corrupted souls that sail the waves. And, for a price, the Lost Coast offers passage to any who need it. They're led by Captain Thelenaeus, a wolf born on the sea, no other knows the currents as well as he. With his right arm replaced by an enchanted contraption of metal and wood, and carrying a shovel dredged out of the depths, he fears no beast or god. The sea is his.

PC Master Race

(I really want to get back into story rp, but idk how much time I have. Busy schedule. So here's a little intro to establish myself. If needed, anyone can call upon the Lost Coast for passage even if I'm not around)
(it's ok, I'll try to see if I can work you back into the plot if you'll be absent for long)

On the high seas, horrors ride the waves. Only the brave or the foolish venture here, in these terrible times. The crew of the Lost Coast are made up of a hearty helping of both. They live for the hunt, fighting the wretched spawn of the deep as well as the corrupted souls that sail the waves. And, for a price, the Lost Coast offers passage to any who need it. They're led by Captain Thelenaeus, a wolf born on the sea, no other knows the currents as well as he. With his right arm replaced by an enchanted contraption of metal and wood, and carrying a shovel dredged out of the depths, he fears no beast or god. The sea is his.
The vast ocean, the lightless depths. The hunting ground for both sides.
There seems to be no end to the monsters that crawl out of the abyss...
... But one Lost Coast, one crew, and one captain, should be enough to keep them at bay.

Jin keeps the ship in one piece, treats the injured, and maintains their weapons at top condition, for their battles.
Galaxy holds off the storms and the crashing tides.
Eviscerena leaves no beast slip through and makes sure every single one encountered is a dead one.
Thelenaeus and Jason see to it that there is order and unity in their survival together.

Though, the journey of the passengers on-board can only continue to a new chapter, when the ship docks at the accursed land.
Galaxy, Evis, Jason and a few others get off the ship.
The elephant stays for one last goodbye, extending his hand towards the wolf for a handshake.

Jin : This is where we must depart. May this be the only time we have to trouble you.

The Spirit Guardian

Brother Of Ori
Along with such a group would be a simple retired corporal, one who's time in the field had only recently ended a few months ago, before these events seemed to call for his expertise back on the field.

Quite the call back to action that one couldn't really appreciate.

Cpl. Lith Nightfall, a simple twenty two year old Umbreon of Japanese descent, sported nothing of major power value. Just his own keen senses, his honed long range battle potential, and his trusty M14, along with his survival karambit. Nothing too crazy, just a simple set of two weapons to keep him going.

He had joined the group some time ago during one of his stealth hunts for enemies, and had since taken the role of the supplies manager/long range support, often being the one to either drop a target from afar, or pick off those who still seem to persist, despite any mortal wounds.

With not really much known other than his rank and name, along with light mention of skill, the Umbreon tagged along with the ragtag group, knowing they were up against forces that not even a nightmare could produce.

They were embarking on battles, but the war had yet to be fought.

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
*I was at the center of the earth a place that some mortals said was impossible to get to where I had lived for half my life now fled as my parents had been murdered right in front of me and it was all my fault I had let in a dragon who had murdered them I burst through a mountain onto the earth’s crust and flew a long distance until I got shot by an arrow*

The_Happiest_Husky

The elephant stays for one last goodbye, extending his hand towards the wolf for a handshake.

Jin : This is where we must depart. May this be the only time we have to trouble you.
Thelenaeus reaches out with his mechanical arm and shakes hands gently.
I'ms glad to be of service to yah and yahrs. Anytime, call upon us and gladly weh'll give passage. Where yah be off to?

PC Master Race

Thelenaeus reaches out with his mechanical arm and shakes hands gently.
I'ms glad to be of service to yah and yahrs. Anytime, call upon us and gladly weh'll give passage. Where yah be off to?
Jin : Our home, taken from us.

He gestures at the place behind him.
A wasteland, where the air is filled of the stench of blood, smoke and death, and almost void of any sign of life.
Even when it's night time, it's not hard to see the blood on the grasses, or the burned, broken-down trees.
But that's just a start.

Jin : Now, we fight our own battles, on-land. Here's hoping that by the time you come by, this place is a bit safer for you to resupply. As for now, this is it. Stay safe out there.

He grips on the wolf's hand, firmly. The wolf could feel that the elephant's grip is just as strong as his mechanical arm.
Then, the elephant also leaves the ship and get on land.
It almost feels as if the ship just slightly floats up a bit as the bulky elephant gets off !

The_Happiest_Husky

Jin : Our home, taken from us.

He gestures at the place behind him.
A wasteland, where the air is filled of the stench of blood, smoke and death, and almost void of any sign of life.
Even when it's night time, it's not hard to see the blood on the grasses, or the burned, broken-down trees.
But that's just a start.

Jin : Now, we fight our own battles, on-land. Here's hoping that by the time you come by, this place is a bit safer for you to resupply. As for now, this is it. Stay safe out there.

He grips on the wolf's hand, firmly. The wolf could feel that the elephant's grip is just as strong as his mechanical arm.
Then, the elephant also leaves the ship and get on land.
It almost feels as if the ship just slightly floats up a bit as the bulky elephant gets off !
Thelenaeus follows Jin down the gangplank, flanked by First Mate Jen, a brutal looking female Australian Shepherd, and Quartermaster Shyto, a grey whippet with a peg leg and a jerkiness to his movement caused by a survived bite from a venomous sea monster
Thelenaeus speaks once they reach the dock

The Lost Coast will be dockin here for a time, for maintenances an procurement of contracts. We be stayin in the region, takin jobs to earn coin for wages and supply. He chuckles. While patrollin the high sea may earn us gratitudes an free drink at any pub, it dun pay much. If yah's party wouldn't mind the company, I be glad to assemble a shore party to assist yah for a short time, incase yah runs into any early trouble. We'dn't accompany you long, but it'd still be a time of more firepower for you in these treacherous lands.

(was going to message you but you've got that closed so I'll leave it here. I know I'll be around for a couple days here so I'll keep with you guys, then have them return when that's over with. In a couple weeks I'll have access to here regularly, so I can fully join the campaign then)

PC Master Race

Thelenaeus follows Jin down the gangplank, flanked by First Mate Jen, a brutal looking female Australian Shepherd, and Quartermaster Shyto, a grey whippet with a peg leg and a jerkiness to his movement caused by a survived bite from a venomous sea monster
Thelenaeus speaks once they reach the dock

The Lost Coast will be dockin here for a time, for maintenances an procurement of contracts. We be stayin in the region, takin jobs to earn coin for wages and supply. He chuckles. While patrollin the high sea may earn us gratitudes an free drink at any pub, it dun pay much. If yah's party wouldn't mind the company, I be glad to assemble a shore party to assist yah for a short time, incase yah runs into any early trouble. We'dn't accompany you long, but it'd still be a time of more firepower for you in these treacherous lands.
Along with such a group would be a simple retired corporal, one who's time in the field had only recently ended a few months ago, before these events seemed to call for his expertise back on the field.

Quite the call back to action that one couldn't really appreciate.

Cpl. Lith Nightfall, a simple twenty two year old Umbreon of Japanese descent, sported nothing of major power value. Just his own keen senses, his honed long range battle potential, and his trusty M14, along with his survival karambit. Nothing too crazy, just a simple set of two weapons to keep him going.

He had joined the group some time ago during one of his stealth hunts for enemies, and had since taken the role of the supplies manager/long range support, often being the one to either drop a target from afar, or pick off those who still seem to persist, despite any mortal wounds.

With not really much known other than his rank and name, along with light mention of skill, the Umbreon tagged along with the ragtag group, knowing they were up against forces that not even a nightmare could produce.

They were embarking on battles, but the war had yet to be fought.
They see that the crew will join them. After hearing the captain's side of this ordeal, the exhaustion on the passengers' face is replaced with a bit more lightened-up expression.
In these trying times, companion is key.
The journey they had together on the sea wasn't very long, but the hardship they had to endure together helped to bring them close together.

Jason : Aye, in that case you're welcome to join us. Our old town is down this path.

The minotaur pauses to count all of them present right now.

Jason : Eight. There're eight of us altogether. Let's hope the town can keep all of us there.

The boar-lioness has been keeping to herself most of the time and doesn't really talk much, but she does has something to remind them too.

Eviscerena : On land, the beasts know to stalk their targets, due to the terrain. We won't see them coming as easy as we did in the ocean, and we are more likely to have something slip in between to pick us off. Always be mindful of your surroundings.

Last edited:

The_Happiest_Husky

They see that the crew will join them. After hearing the captain's side of this ordeal, the exhaustion on the passengers' face is replaced with a bit more lightened-up expression.
The journey they had together on the sea wasn't very long, but the hardship they had to endure together helped to bring them close together.

Jason : Aye, in that case you're welcome to join us. Our old town is down this path.

Jason : Eight. There're eight of us altogether. Let's hope the town can keep all of us there.

The boar-lioness has been keeping to herself most of the time and doesn't really talk much, but she does has something to remind them too.

Eviscerena : On land, the beasts know to stalk their targets, due to the terrain. We won't see them coming as easy as we did in the ocean, and we are more likely to have something slip in between to pick us off. Always be mindful of your surroundings.
The battered wolf nods to Eviscerena Aye, we'll keep our wits about us
He turns to his First Mate Jen, rally volunteers fer a shore party. Bonus pay, of course. About 14 should do right. I want yah stayin wit our ship, though.
She salutes him and stalks up the ramp. The Quartermaster salutes his Captain as well and shuffles over to the dock's ship registry station.
Thelenaeus turns back to Jin's party
My men'll be ready an down within twenty minutes, kip.

The Spirit Guardian

Brother Of Ori

The Umbreon gave a small nod, sitting up a little as he rubbed his eyes, having dozed off a bit earlier. Still, he was focused on the task ahead, knowing this battle wasn't going to be anywhere near easy, though he expected as much.

Nothing in life came easy, and with this ragtag group that he had stumbled across, it was the perfect picture of such a thing. Still, the events that had led to this moment wasn't anything short of demanding and brutal, but it was good enough for Lith to consider sticking with them.

Clearly they knew how to handle themselves, seeing as they all were pretty capable, and fairly well rounded when it came to a fight. That brief time on the ocean, albeit minor, was more than enough proof to the ex-corporal that they could stand their ground, if such an event came down to it.

Though he simply nodded, not really speaking at all. He wasn't exactly one of words before, so he mainly communicated through gestures or hand signals, though the signals were easy to understand and such.

PC Master Race

The battered wolf nods to Eviscerena Aye, we'll keep our wits about us
He turns to his First Mate Jen, rally volunteers fer a shore party. Bonus pay, of course. About 14 should do right. I want yah stayin wit our ship, though.
She salutes him and stalks up the ramp. The Quartermaster salutes his Captain as well and shuffles over to the dock's ship registry station.
Thelenaeus turns back to Jin's party
My men'll be ready an down within twenty minutes, kip.
The Umbreon gave a small nod, sitting up a little as he rubbed his eyes, having dozed off a bit earlier. Still, he was focused on the task ahead, knowing this battle wasn't going to be anywhere near easy, though he expected as much.

Nothing in life came easy, and with this ragtag group that he had stumbled across, it was the perfect picture of such a thing. Still, the events that had led to this moment wasn't anything short of demanding and brutal, but it was good enough for Lith to consider sticking with them.

Clearly they knew how to handle themselves, seeing as they all were pretty capable, and fairly well rounded when it came to a fight. That brief time on the ocean, albeit minor, was more than enough proof to the ex-corporal that they could stand their ground, if such an event came down to it.

Though he simply nodded, not really speaking at all. He wasn't exactly one of words before, so he mainly communicated through gestures or hand signals, though the signals were easy to understand and such.
Bodies battered and exhausted, mind weary and tired. But, alas, together through and through, not alone.
Night has fallen, but they have not. They cannot, not yet.
As the wolf captain rallies his men and gets everything prepared, Eviscerena keeps watch of the environment of the sickening land ahead, while Galaxy keeps her gaze at the ocean that houses all kinds of horrors they just endured earlier. Jin helps to treat everyone's injuries and keep their weapons with what little resources there are left, until they can reach a safe spot for better recovery.
Jason walks up to Nightfall.

Jason : How're you holding up so far, young man ?

The minotaur's voice, despite his age and his current health condition at the moment not at his best, still has some fighting spirit left.
And to think, even at his age, he still holds on, still denies those monstrous great old ones what little time he has left.
He's only a retired guard, then an innkeeper... but he makes sure to upkeep the law even up until now.
Especially now. When there is no law to be upheld.

The Spirit Guardian

Brother Of Ori
Bodies battered and exhausted, mind weary and tired. But, alas, together through and through, not alone.
Night has fallen, but they have not. They cannot, not yet.
As the wolf captain rallies his men and gets everything prepared, Eviscerena keeps watch of the environment of the sickening land ahead, while Galaxy keeps her gaze at the ocean that houses all kinds of horrors they just endured earlier. Jin helps to treat everyone's injuries and keep their weapons with what little resources there are left, until they can reach a safe spot for better recovery.
Jason walks up to Nightfall.

Jason : How're you holding up so far, young man ?

The minotaur's voice, despite his age and his current health condition at the moment not at his best, still has some fighting spirit left.
And to think, even at his age, he still holds on, still denies those monstrous great old ones what little time he has left.
He's only a retired guard, then an innkeeper... but he makes sure to upkeep the law even up until now.
Especially now. When there is no law to be upheld.
Despite the relentless persistence of the beasts that seek the annihilate their very way of life, not a single member aboard this ship seemed to waver. If they were to stagger, it was to recover from a blow, and return one with equal, if not, double the force.

It was something the Umbreon could truly respect, seeing as even though some weren't soldiers, they had the souls of one. The sheer relentlessness that they had was something along the lines of true perseverance....and maybe even a bit of crazy.

Playing it safe in a world like this, is nigh impossible.

Lith looked up as the minotaur asked how he was doing, giving him a smile and a thumbs up, indicating that he was doing just fine. Despite a few cuts and cruises from their earlier scuffles with beasts beyond description, he still was ready to dish out some more support.

His arm had been knocked against the firm part of the ship, so it caused a bit of a hassle when holding his rifle. The way he would gingerly move said arm was a clear giveaway as to how his aiming arm was holding up. Battered, but none done in.

The_Happiest_Husky

His arm had been knocked against the firm part of the ship, so it caused a bit of a hassle when holding his rifle. The way he would gingerly move said arm was a clear giveaway as to how his aiming arm was holding up. Battered, but none done in.

The shore party from the Lost Coast joins them, laden with supplies and armed to the teeth with everything from boarding axes to revolving rifles. Old weapons, but the best available in the Lost Coast's armoury.
One of them, an apprentice of the ship's surgeon, checks in on Lith.

How's your arm doing, Corporal? the young feline asks

The Spirit Guardian

Brother Of Ori
The shore party from the Lost Coast joins them, laden with supplies and armed to the teeth with everything from boarding axes to revolving rifles. Old weapons, but the best available in the Lost Coast's armoury.
One of them, an apprentice of the ship's surgeon, checks in on Lith.

How's your arm doing, Corporal? the young feline asks
The Umbreon made a gesture that would indicate partially well, but clearly he was still battling through the pain, as such could be seen on his face with even the slightest movement. He had taken quite the hit there, though the Japanese Corporal had endured worse.

He didn't want to admit it, but it definitely hurt, and he couldn't hide it as well as he thought he could.

The_Happiest_Husky

The Umbreon made a gesture that would indicate partially well, but clearly he was still battling through the pain, as such could be seen on his face with even the slightest movement. He had taken quite the hit there, though the Japanese Corporal had endured worse.

He didn't want to admit it, but it definitely hurt, and he couldn't hide it as well as he thought he could.
The surgeon shook his head. "Sit down, please, and I will get to work. You cannot fight enemies while also fighting your own body."

The Spirit Guardian

Brother Of Ori
The surgeon shook his head. "Sit down, please, and I will get to work. You cannot fight enemies while also fighting your own body."
Lith sighed softly, knowing that was indeed true. After all, he of all people should know that fighting while ailed was never proper combat, especially against forces such as these. He didn't want to say it, but the feline was right.

Willingly, he sat down, slinging his M14 over his other arm to let the feline do his thing, doing his best to keep still and such.

PC Master Race

A voice could be heard from nearby, too. The voice that can be heard across a conference room without the need for a mic.

Jin : Ey, medic and old man, could you get him over here please.

Sounds like he wants them to take Lith to him. Even while treating everyone's injuries and repairing their weapons at the same time.
With his unmatched strength and toughness of an elephant, he does the heavy jobs of keeping everyone in good shape, safe from harm, and making sure their weapons are properly maintained throughout the fights. When supplies are low, even his limited powers prove to be invaluable.

*I woke up to find myself in a creature’s cave bound and gagged tight*”where am I?” *I thought as I struggled to get free my body still hurting from the crash and bleeding golden blood*
The dragon's injury from the arrow earlier, and the crash-landing on the ground, has taken its toll and knocks him out, as his consciousness fails him.
When he wakes up, he finds himself tied up in a cave.
He could feel himself on top of something flat, smooth and cold, almost like stone. The way he is bound, feels like his arms and legs are tied to four corners. His neck and tail is kept in place, too.
It's almost like he's tied up on some kind of stone table... or altar.

Last edited:

The Spirit Guardian

Brother Of Ori
A voice could be heard from nearby, too. The voice that can be heard across a conference room without the need for a mic.

Sounds like he wants them to take Lith to him.
Only natural that he wants to personally take care of his son, after all. Even while treating everyone's injuries and repairing their weapons at the same time.
With his unmatched strength and toughness of an elephant, he does the heavy jobs of keeping everyone in good shape, safe from harm, and making sure their weapons are properly maintained throughout the fights. When supplies are low, even his limited powers prove to be invaluable.

The dragon's injury from the arrow earlier, and the crash-landing on the ground, has taken its toll and knocks him out, as his consciousness fails him.
He could feel himself on top of something flat, smooth and cold, almost like stone. The way he is bound, feels like his arms and legs are tied to four corners. His neck and tail is kept in place, too.
It wasn't the easiest pain to deal with, but it was manageable, something that he could tolerate for the time being. He looked over at Jin, tilting his head a little when he requested him to be brought over, wondering how he would help his arm.

Knowing the elephant, even for those few short minutes, he was confident that he could do his best, and was remotely wondering what could be done. Still, the Umbreon was keen to oblige, wondering if the feline would as well.

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe

Sounds like he wants them to take Lith to him.
Only natural that he wants to personally take care of his son, after all. Even while treating everyone's injuries and repairing their weapons at the same time.

“MMMMPH!” *I cried out in a panic not sure what was going on. Whatever it was I didn’t like it I started to wiggle trying to get free to no avail the ropes were too tight.* Oh no I hope someone comes to save me soon.

Last edited: