• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Last of Us Among the Cosmos (canceled)

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
For now, the threat has been contained and eliminated. The acid ectoplasm is dealt with, and the zombies put down on the count once more. Moreover, the forest is not set on fire and smoke them all alive within.
A small victory compared to the madness they had to endure through during their time on the vast ocean... but a victory, nonetheless.
And as more of such small victories mount up, the battle will be won sooner or later. Slowly, but surely.
Evi looks over at Morag.

Evi : Yeah, this place is pretty freaky, and it's just the tip of the ice berg. Jin and Galaxy might know more about this sort of "eldritch cosmic corruption" better, but we'll talk about it once we get back to town.

She gives her the pipes back.

Evi : Here. Sorry for... wrenching it right outta your mouth like earlier.
Morag examines the pipes for a minute, then turns and throws them in the bush. Turning back to Evi, she shrugs.
"I'm not gonna trust them. Might kill the next person who tries to play them, no clue what the evil here did to them."
She pauses, and looks up the path
"How far to town, now?"
 

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
When the dragon falls asleep, the nurse and doctor returns. He looks to be a naga of sort, with six arms, emerald-green scales, ivory-yellow underbelly, and golden-yellow eyes.
The doctor, the nurse and the cat have some quick exchange about the dragon's injuries, and the doctor, after a quick examination without even touching the dragon at all, confirms that there's no skull fracture, there are only slight surface injuries such as scratches and bruises.
However, he has something else more serious. The stone shard that was found beneath the dragon's feet, belongs to a type of "star stone", usually found in the eldritch cosmic monstrosities that have made their presence know. The stone has something to do with manipulating bones inside one's body, and when refined, purified from the corruption, it can even be used for healing serious injuries such as skull fracture, but only necromancers specialized in bone magic can really use it.
The doctor suggests the cat and dragon to stay in the hospital for a while, to help around the place when they can, while the doctor keeps watch on any potential threats such as corruption and infection from the injuries that the cat and dragon got, when getting away from the monster in the forest.
*I groaned slowly waking up* “what did I miss?” *I said groggily not noticing that the doctor was in the room* “how long will I have to stay?”
 
Last edited:

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
Morag examines the pipes for a minute, then turns and throws them in the bush. Turning back to Evi, she shrugs.
"I'm not gonna trust them. Might kill the next person who tries to play them, no clue what the evil here did to them."
She pauses, and looks up the path
"How far to town, now?"
Evi looks at the path up ahead, mumbling something, then back at Morag.

Evi : I would say... 2-3 km more. Do you think you can walk, or do you need help ? 'Cuz you kinda threw up your whole dinner just there.

The huntress does sound worried.
Meanwhile, the main-path team waits for them to finish up what they're doing.

*I groaned slowly waking up* “what did I miss?” *I said still groggy not noticing that the doctor was in the room*
The doctor glances over at the dragon with a smile, but it's pretty clear he knows what ruckus the dragon has been causing ever since the dragon got in the hospital. He's just trying to be patient about it.
He tells the dragon everything they just discussed, including the suggestion of staying for at least a few days, to see if their injury at their feet would spread or heal over time.

Doctor : And I promise not to charge ya two kids. But, in return, I would need help dealing with the attacks at the hospital... and I hope you don't scream at the top of your lungs every time you get a poke or something.
 

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
Evi looks at the path up ahead, mumbling something, then back at Morag.

Evi : I would say... 2-3 km more. Do you think you can walk, or do you need help ? 'Cuz you kinda threw up your whole dinner just there.

The huntress does sound worried.
Meanwhile, the main-path team waits for them to finish up what they're doing.


The doctor glances over at the dragon with a smile, but it's pretty clear he knows what ruckus the dragon has been causing ever since the dragon got in the hospital. He's just trying to be patient about it.
He tells the dragon everything they just discussed, including the suggestion of staying for at least a few days, to see if their injury at their feet would spread or heal over time.

Doctor : And I promise not to charge ya two kids. But, in return, I would need help dealing with the attacks at the hospital... and I hope you don't scream at the top of your lungs every time you get a poke or something.
*I sighed I was never going to hear the end of this* “I’m sorry” *I said blushing embarrassed* “I’ve never been on the earth’s crust in years but I’ll help”
 
Last edited:

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
Evi looks at the path up ahead, mumbling something, then back at Morag.

Evi : I would say... 2-3 km more. Do you think you can walk, or do you need help ? 'Cuz you kinda threw up your whole dinner just there.

The huntress does sound worried.
Meanwhile, the main-path team waits for them to finish up what they're doing.
Morag waves her hand dismissively. "Been through worse, I'll keep up fine."
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
*My hands caught fire startling me* “Eek!” *I exclaimed in surprise as my hands became engulfed in flames* “What is happening to me I’ve never experienced this before?!”
It seems the dragon is never going to be able to just sit still for more than 5 seconds without something wanting to explode near him.
The patients, once again, have their chance to complain about the dragon making noises and not letting them sleep, because it's pretty late now. The doctor and nurse have to calm them down.
The cat sighs and places his hand on the dragon's hand, the water magic helping to put out the fire. But the cat is looking rather unamused and annoyed.

Miuko : Em sẽ cần anh giải thích khá nhiều chuyện đấy.

The doctor shakes his head and sighs, wondering what he's got himself into for letting this dragon into the facility, and obviously really tired at what he's been having to put up with so far, then simply leaves the room.
The nurse walks back, just as annoyed. She translates what the cat just said.

Mina : "I'm gonna need you to explain a lot."
 

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
It seems the dragon is never going to be able to just sit still for more than 5 seconds without something wanting to explode near him.
The patients, once again, have their chance to complain about the dragon making noises and not letting them sleep, because it's pretty late now. The doctor and nurse have to calm them down.
The cat sighs and places his hand on the dragon's hand, the water magic helping to put out the fire. But the cat is looking rather unamused and annoyed.

Miuko : Em sẽ cần anh giải thích khá nhiều chuyện đấy.

The doctor shakes his head and sighs, wondering what he's got himself into for letting this dragon into the facility, and obviously really tired at what he's been having to put up with so far, then simply leaves the room.
The nurse walks back, just as annoyed. She translates what the cat just said.

Mina : "I'm gonna need you to explain a lot."
“Huh?” *I asked confused not getting what she means* “what are you talking about?” *I was angry at myself for overreacting It wasn’t going to kill me so why was I acting this way it was so weird.* “I’m really sorry I’m not normally like this”
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
“Huh?” *I asked confused not getting what she means* “what are you talking about?” *I was angry at myself for overreacting It wasn’t going to kill me so why was I acting this way it was so weird.* “I’m really sorry I’m not normally like this”
The two sit down on the bed, next to the dragon.

Mina : Alright. You're not normally like this, you say ? Then what's wrong with you ? Suddenly you screamed at the top of your lung out of nowhere about skull injury, then suddenly your hands are on fire.

She shakes her head.

Mina : I really can't make any sense about you. Your behavior, your... everything. Literally everything ! Like, no offense, but is something wrong with your head ?
 

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
The two sit down on the bed, next to the dragon.

Mina : Alright. You're not normally like this, you say ? Then what's wrong with you ? Suddenly you screamed at the top of your lung out of nowhere about skull injury, then suddenly your hands are on fire.

She shakes her head.

Mina : I really can't make any sense about you. Your behavior, your... everything. Literally everything ! Like, no offense, but is something wrong with your head ?
“My parents are dead I witnessed their murder I’ve never had an injury before because they never let me outside” *I was silently crying* “it’s not fair I didn’t want to make a fuss I’ve never been taught how to act around others I didn’t think that magic really existed I’m just a baby ancient fire dragon” *I was literally 3 years old*
 
Last edited:

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
Morag waves her hand dismissively. "Been through worse, I'll keep up fine."
Evi : Alright. But if you need time to rest, let us know OK ? I'd prefer to get all of us alive and in one piece to the town safely.

She gently and playfully slaps the back of her hand on Morag's shoulders.

Evi : I still wanna listen to you singing sea shanties again. You MUST teach me how to sing "Wellerman" before leaving. Promise ?

She then extends her hand.
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
“My parents are dead I witnessed their murder I’ve never had an injury before because they never let me outside” *I was silently crying* “it’s not fair I didn’t want to make a fuss I’ve never been taught how to act around others I didn’t think that magic really existed I’m just a baby ancient fire dragon” *I was literally 3 years old*
The nurse listens through the dragon's answer, then translates all of it for the cat.
Now they understand. No wonder the dragon behaves like that.
The cat looks extremely fed up. He is really not up to babysitting a 3-year-old dragon in a time like this.
But, at least he can talk properly and not just gibberish.
He rubs his forehead a bit, then gestures at the bed.

Miuko : Thôi, em đi ngủ đi. Đừng thức nữa. Cố mà ngủ đi cho khỏe.

Mina : Alright, just get some sleep for now. Don't stay up. Try to get some rest so you don't get tired.
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
Evi : Alright. But if you need time to rest, let us know OK ? I'd prefer to get all of us alive and in one piece to the town safely.

She gently and playfully slaps the back of her hand on Morag's shoulders.

Evi : I still wanna listen to you singing sea shanties again. You MUST teach me how to sing "Wellerman" before leaving. Promise ?

She then extends her hand.
Morag smiles and shakes it, her grip as firm as any of the sailors'.
"Aye, will do, friend. Join me at the town tavern or pub, I'll be performing there if I can. I've training as a gleeman, or bard as it's called around here. I know lots of stories and songs besides the few shanties these lads love."
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
Morag smiles and shakes it, her grip as firm as any of the sailors'.
"Aye, will do, friend. Join me at the town tavern or pub, I'll be performing there if I can. I've training as a gleeman, or bard as it's called around here. I know lots of stories and songs besides the few shanties these lads love."
Evi : My treat.

She gestures towards the path up ahead that leads to town. Galaxy sees that as a sign of them done with what they're doing, so he signals the main-path team as well.

Galaxy : Alright folks, let's go. Coast is clear.

They all gather up and continue heading towards the town. Galaxy keeps with the linked light spots from their lanterns.
But, as they continue on, there are a few moths and insects that seem drawn into the lanterns... and they would not stop trying to get on the lanterns, no matter how much the crew members and survivors try to shoo and swat them away.
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
Evi : My treat.

She gestures towards the path up ahead that leads to town. Galaxy sees that as a sign of them done with what they're doing, so he signals the main-path team as well.

Galaxy : Alright folks, let's go. Coast is clear.

They all gather up and continue heading towards the town. Galaxy keeps with the linked light spots from their lanterns.
But, as they continue on, there are a few moths and insects that seem drawn into the lanterns... and they would not stop trying to get on the lanterns, no matter how much the crew members and survivors try to shoo and swat them away.
The sailors aren't particularly bothered by the bugs, though after a while it starts to get a bit irritating. Morag fingers her banjo for a few minutes, thinking about whether to use some magic to get rid of them, but eventually decides against it. Yev entertains himself by getting bugs to incinerate themselves in his magic flame.
And, of course, Thelenaeus doesn't even seem to notice the bugs.
 

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
The nurse listens through the dragon's answer, then translates all of it for the cat.
Now they understand. No wonder the dragon behaves like that.
The cat looks extremely fed up. He is really not up to babysitting a 3-year-old dragon in a time like this.
But, at least he can talk properly and not just gibberish.
He rubs his forehead a bit, then gestures at the bed.

Miuko : Thôi, em đi ngủ đi. Đừng thức nữa. Cố mà ngủ đi cho khỏe.

Mina : Alright, just get some sleep for now. Don't stay up. Try to get some rest so you don't get tired.
*I fell asleep trying to ignore the throbbing in my wings* “Zzzzzzzzzzz” *I still missed my mom and dad but soon I was going to see Daddy again*
 
Last edited:

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
The sailors aren't particularly bothered by the bugs, though after a while it starts to get a bit irritating. Morag fingers her banjo for a few minutes, thinking about whether to use some magic to get rid of them, but eventually decides against it. Yev entertains himself by getting bugs to incinerate themselves in his magic flame.
And, of course, Thelenaeus doesn't even seem to notice the bugs.
It does get pretty annoying for Jin. Rather than entertaining himself like Yev does, he just gets a bit back behind to keep the distance from the bugs.
Galaxy charges lightning into the link between the lanterns, to zap all the bugs that get in, to keep them off her dad.
Jason doesn't mind the bugs either.
Eviscerena notices Morag taking out a banjo but then putting it away again.

Evi : Heh, as much as I like to hear your tunes... probably best if we keep quiet. We're on the stealth part, after all.
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
It does get pretty annoying for Jin. Rather than entertaining himself like Yev does, he just gets a bit back behind to keep the distance from the bugs.
Galaxy charges lightning into the link between the lanterns, to zap all the bugs that get in, to keep them off her dad.
Jason doesn't mind the bugs either.
Eviscerena notices Morag taking out a banjo but then putting it away again.

Evi : Heh, as much as I like to hear your tunes... probably best if we keep quiet. We're on the stealth part, after all.
Morag's ears lay back, slightly embarrassed. "Yeah, thought of that, there. Was gonna zap the bugs myself, but... too loud"
 
Last edited:

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
Morag's ears lay back, slightly embarrassed. "Yeah, thought of that, there. Was gonna zap the bugs myself, but... too loud"
They press on through the forest. There's no end to the bugs, and even though Galaxy and Yev help with their respective power to deal with the bugs, there's more where that come from.
Eventually, they come across a massive spider web across the trees, with a strange, faint glow to it. The trees themselves have a huge hole inside them.
The web doesn't block the way, but there's something... eerie and ghostly about it.
For some reason, the light feels similar to the link that Galaxy is keeping between the lanterns.
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
They press on through the forest. There's no end to the bugs, and even though Galaxy and Yev help with their respective power to deal with the bugs, there's more where that come from.
Eventually, they come across a massive spider web across the trees, with a strange, faint glow to it. The trees themselves have a huge hole inside them.
The web doesn't block the way, but there's something... eerie and ghostly about it.
For some reason, the light feels similar to the link that Galaxy is keeping between the lanterns.
The sailors become more alert, a few clicks sounding though the group as weapons are cocked. Thelenaeus shifts his shovel from his left hand to his mechanical right, anticipating another fight.

Morag falls back in the line, next to Jin. She murmurs to him.

"My nature magic was suppressed my this forest, something that's never happened before. Do you think it would affect other magics? I don't want to ruin another instrument if we get jumped again."
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
*I snored softly trying not to disturb the other people in the room* “daddy?” *I muttered in my sleep my ears flicking cutely*
The cat gently pets the dragon's ears and tail to help him sleep better. He feels kind of bad nagging at and hitting a 3-year-old all this time.

The sailors become more alert, a few clicks sounding though the group as weapons are cocked. Thelenaeus shifts his shovel from his left hand to his mechanical right, anticipating another fight.

Morag falls back in the line, next to Jin. She murmurs to him.

"My nature magic was suppressed my this forest, something that's never happened before. Do you think it would affect other magics? I don't want to ruin another instrument if we get jumped again."
The large elephant sees Morag coming towards him, and leans towards Morag a bit to listen to his concern about the magic suppression.

Jin : As far as I've seen, we're doing just fine, I don't feel anything like that around here. What happened ?
 

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
The cat gently pets the dragon's ears and tail to help him sleep better. He feels kind of bad nagging at and hitting a 3-year-old all this time.


The large elephant sees Morag coming towards him, and leans towards Morag a bit to listen to his concern about the magic suppression.

Jin : As far as I've seen, we're doing just fine, I don't feel anything like that around here. What happened ?
*I giggled and flicked my tail playfully* “I want to see you daddy.” *I was so cute when I wasn’t trying to be and it was suddenly clear that the cultists were trying to sacrifice a 3-year old dragon who was scared*
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
The cat gently pets the dragon's ears and tail to help him sleep better. He feels kind of bad nagging at and hitting a 3-year-old all this time.


The large elephant sees Morag coming towards him, and leans towards Morag a bit to listen to his concern about the magic suppression.

Jin : As far as I've seen, we're doing just fine, I don't feel anything like that around here. What happened ?
"Whatever evil cursed this place," Morag gestures at the surrounding forest, "traveled back though my Vinesong spell and tried to afflict me. I've never known any evil to be able to do that."
She shakes her head. "I've only known one person who's able to send recoil through my spells, and if he'd had anything to do with the curse here I'd know. So I worry."
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
(Hope Lith is alright)
 
Top