• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Last of Us Among the Cosmos (canceled)

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
At Jin's direction, the sailors mix the poison in with the alcohol, and distribute it into the largest containers
Once done, the huntress takes off her equipment to reduce the load, and carries one container on her shoulders, as she runs up the nearest tree and begins to literally hop between the trees, splashing the rum/acid all over the insects and their hives in the infested areas below.
The second container goes just as smooth... until she gets back to the crew, just as the buzzing noises suddenly get noticeably louder.

Evis : Acid ectoplasm in here again. Probably from Jin's venom. Now they and the bugs are eating each other alive.

Jin : ... Wha- what ?

Evis : Your venom is acidic, right ? The ectoplasm probably got lured here 'cuz of your venom.
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
Once done, the huntress takes off her equipment to reduce the load, and carries one container on her shoulders, as she runs up the nearest tree and begins to literally hop between the trees, splashing the rum/acid all over the insects and their hives in the infested areas below.
The second container goes just as smooth... until she gets back to the crew, just as the buzzing noises suddenly get noticeably louder.

Evis : Acid ectoplasm in here again. Probably from Jin's venom. Now they and the bugs are eating each other alive.

Jin : ... Wha- what ?

Evis : Your venom is acidic, right ? The ectoplasm probably got lured here 'cuz of your venom.
*Thelenaeus shrugs*
"Well, that works too."
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
"Aye, we be ready," Thel replies.
The sailors ready their weapons

Morag plucks a scale on her banjo, and adjusts the tuning slightly.
"G
ood to go."
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
"Aye, we be ready," Thel replies.
The sailors ready their weapons

Morag plucks a scale on her banjo, and adjusts the tuning slightly.
"G
ood to go."
The minotaur takes the lead and, with the rest of the survivors, aim at the left side of the forest, while the sailors aim at the right. Then all of them open fire.
The acidic rum all splatered on the insects and their gestating hives, upon getting hit by the fire, light up as easy as from gas, quickly engulf them all and spread to the ectoplasm too.
A few of the oversized/mutated insects are quick enough to reach the team while still on fire, but not quick enough to do anything to them before getting shredded apart by the gunfire, and having their insides ripped and torn from outside in.
Some of the insects even have eggs inside, feeding on the fresh blood that is presumably from the victims.
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
The minotaur takes the lead and, with the rest of the survivors, aim at the left side of the forest, while the sailors aim at the right. Then all of them open fire.
The acidic rum all splatered on the insects and their gestating hives, upon getting hit by the fire, light up as easy as from gas, quickly engulf them all and spread to the ectoplasm too.
A few of the oversized/mutated insects are quick enough to reach the team while still on fire, but not quick enough to do anything to them before getting shredded apart by the gunfire, and having their insides ripped and torn from outside in.
Some of the insects even have eggs inside, feeding on the fresh blood that is presumably from the victims.
The fire and bullets prover wonderfully effective at dispatching this threat. Morag keeps up a tune on her banjo, and the air around the survivors rises a few degrees in temperature. She scans the forest for any emergent threat that the party might not notice.

And despite the intensity of the fight, Thelenaeus still notices Yev firing off a few dragon's breath rounds, and gives him a glare that could curdle milk.
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
The fire and bullets prover wonderfully effective at dispatching this threat. Morag keeps up a tune on her banjo, and the air around the survivors rises a few degrees in temperature. She scans the forest for any emergent threat that the party might not notice.
Thankfully, none of them survives the onslaught of bullet hell unleashed upon them, and in only a few minutes, what was a sickening hive of mutated, bloodthirsty mosquitoes infesting and plaguing this part of the forest, now reduced to ashes and burned to oblivion. The acidic ectoplasm was also evaporated from the fire until none of them remains to terrorize anyone here anymore.
But, when the survivors and the sailors hold their fire to check if the threat is truly gone, they see a moving light from the distance.
This time, they actually hear it's someone's voice.
Could it be a friendly face, in this hell hole ?
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
Thankfully, none of them survives the onslaught of bullet hell unleashed upon them, and in only a few minutes, what was a sickening hive of mutated, bloodthirsty mosquitoes infesting and plaguing this part of the forest, now reduced to ashes and burned to oblivion. The acidic ectoplasm was also evaporated from the fire until none of them remains to terrorize anyone here anymore.
But, when the survivors and the sailors hold their fire to check if the threat is truly gone, they see a moving light from the distance.
This time, they actually hear it's someone's voice.
Could it be a friendly face, in this hell hole ?
Morag cuts off her music with the end of the immediate threat, and the sailors reload. There's certainly hope growing among them that this night is nearly over.

Thelenaeus calls out towards the light, his voice carrying through the forest
.
"Ahoy, there!"
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
Morag cuts off her music with the end of the immediate threat, and the sailors reload. There's certainly hope growing among them that this night is nearly over.

Thelenaeus calls out towards the light, his voice carrying through the forest
.
"Ahoy, there!"
The night is indeed almost over.
With what little light there could be from the rising sun, they could just barely see that, from the distance up ahead, is a person.
And thankfully not a cultist.
He looks to be a wolf, wearing normal town clothes, armed with a sawed-off shotgun in one hand and holding a lantern in the other.

Unnamed wolf : Who goes there ?

Still not sure if friend or foe, but no language barrier here is already a plus for the weary travelers.

Jason : We're survivors, looking for a place to rest.

A brief pause. Then the wolf approaches them... followed by a surprised look on his face.

Unnamed wolf : ... I'll be damned, didn't think there would be survivors through this shit hole full of giant-ass mosquitos and freaky acid ectoplasm. Come on. follow me.
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
@The_Happiest_Husky (sorry, I kind of lost track and couldn't find a place for Yev and the fire ; I also couldn't find a place to get in the brain leech (the jellyfish monster that chased after Universe) cuz I felt like it's very unnatural and is just throwing monsters in for the party to fight)
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
@The_Happiest_Husky (sorry, I kind of lost track and couldn't find a place for Yev and the fire ; I also couldn't find a place to get in the brain leech (the jellyfish monster that chased after Universe) cuz I felt like it's very unnatural and is just throwing monsters in for the party to fight)
(Nw mate, we got plenty of time ahead of us. Just hold onto the idea, and throw whatever you like at my crew. I've got like a couple pages worth of various ideas for reactions and special circumstances)
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
The night is indeed almost over.
With what little light there could be from the rising sun, they could just barely see that, from the distance up ahead, is a person.
And thankfully not a cultist.
He looks to be a wolf, wearing normal town clothes, armed with a sawed-off shotgun in one hand and holding a lantern in the other.

Unnamed wolf : Who goes there ?

Still not sure if friend or foe, but no language barrier here is already a plus for the weary travelers.

Jason : We're survivors, looking for a place to rest.

A brief pause. Then the wolf approaches them... followed by a surprised look on his face.

Unnamed wolf : ... I'll be damned, didn't think there would be survivors through this shit hole full of giant-ass mosquitos and freaky acid ectoplasm. Come on. follow me.
The sailors raise a cheer, relieved to be making it to safe harbour. Morag whoops right along with them.
"Come along! Good work, my boys!" Thelenaeus calls out, heaving his shovel into the air.
 
Last edited:

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
The sailors raise a cheer, relieved to be making it to safe harbour. Morag whoops right along with them.
"Come along! Good work, my boys!" Thelenaeus calls out, heating his shovel into the air.
Thankfully, they're not too far from the exit of the forest.
Once out in the open, it's much easier to see the surroundings, not obscured by the shadow of the dead trees.
The scene before them, a sight for sore eyes. A small town, shielded by the walls and watch towers around.
A quiet, decayed settlement where a handful of people still cling to a squalid yet relatively civilized existence.

Unnamed wolf : Welcome home, such as it is.
1652605472081.png
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
Thankfully, they're not too far from the exit of the forest.
Once out in the open, it's much easier to see the surroundings, not obscured by the shadow of the dead trees.
The scene before them, a sight for sore eyes. A small town, shielded by the walls and watch towers around.
A quiet, decayed settlement where a handful of people still cling to a squalid yet relatively civilized existence.

Unnamed wolf : Welcome home, such as it is.
The sailors happily head for the town, their laughing and joking from the beginning of the hike making full return. While the town may appear dreary to most, the appearance is certainly no damper to the enthusiasm of the sailors.
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
The sailors happily head for the town, their laughing and joking from the beginning of the hike making full return. While the town may appear dreary to most, the appearance is certainly no damper to the enthusiasm of the sailors.
In these trying times, a bit of laughters wouldn't hurt to cope with the hardship.
After all, what's the point of reminding yourself of it and wearing you down all the time, and not trying to lift up your spirit to hope for the better ?
No-one is alone and no-one is left behind.
Indeed, the atmosphere looks rather gloomy due to the weather and the sky, almost permanently tainted by the clouds dyed black by smokes.
But laughter is quite contagious, and the sailors do help to lift up the mood around here.
The on-land survivors are just glad to have made it, and in one piece. No reason to be somber of the current situation that the world is still on the edge of destruction. A new day awaits.
The wolf takes them to the left side of the town, where an old tavern is situated.

Unnamed wolf : Didn't expect sea farers to come here, not after the whole world nearly turned inside out into a shit hole like this. I bet y'all have a lot to tell, but it must have been a long night for you, eh ? So, take your time to rest. Don't let me keep you busy.

He slightly bows, with his gun held across his chest, then takes his leave.
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
In these trying times, a bit of laughters wouldn't hurt to cope with the hardship.
After all, what's the point of reminding yourself of it and wearing you down all the time, and not trying to lift up your spirit to hope for the better ?
No-one is alone and no-one is left behind.
Indeed, the atmosphere looks rather gloomy due to the weather and the sky, almost permanently tainted by the clouds dyed black by smokes.
But laughter is quite contagious, and the sailors do help to lift up the mood around here.
The on-land survivors are just glad to have made it, and in one piece. No reason to be somber of the current situation that the world is still on the edge of destruction. A new day awaits.
The wolf takes them to the left side of the town, where an old tavern is situated.

Unnamed wolf : Didn't expect sea farers to come here, not after the whole world nearly turned inside out into a shit hole like this. I bet y'all have a lot to tell, but it must have been a long night for you, eh ? So, take your time to rest. Don't let me keep you busy.

He slightly bows, with his gun held across his chest, then takes his leave.
The rowdy bunch makes for the tavern door, Morag joining them in their laughter. Thel and two sailors drop behind, discussing supplies and other business in serious tones.
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
The rowdy bunch makes for the tavern door, Morag joining them in their laughter.
The tavern is still empty in the early morning, but now crowded and all noisy by the sailors.
The minotaur takes a glance at the place, then rests his shotgun on a rack on the wall.

Jason : Good to be back.

He then walks to the drinks on the shelf and grabs for himself a bottle of whiskey. He doesn't even need to look for it, he just walks right to where it is and grabs the thing, like he already knows where it is.
And he doesn't need a cup for this. He just wings it with a chug to help with the thirst.

Thel and two sailors drop behind, discussing supplies and other business in serious tones.
Eviscerena has also already taken her leave and heads towards a building, after the wolf biid them goodbye. She seems rather tired and could use some rest.
Jin is also both sleepy and hungry to think straight right now, so he just leaves Thel and the two to their own business, and heads to the other side of the town, opposite the tavern. Looks to be a blacksmith.
Galaxy doesn't seem tired or hungry at all, thanks to the different nature of her biology, but she joins her dad nonetheless. She still makes sure to keep the bag of treasure that they found in the forest earlier, but also to not use it for anyone, not even her dad, until there is an agreement between them all about it.

*I think I hear something and started to fuss a bit* “what’s that racket out there?” *I muttered in annoyance*
The cat wakes up, but not due to the noises of the rowdy sailors visiting the town.
He sits up and rubs his eyes, purring a bit, then gets off the bed, walking to the dragon.
On his phone, google translate again.

"Em thấy đỡ chưa ?"
"Do you feel better?"
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
The tavern is still empty in the early morning, but now crowded and all noisy by the sailors.
The minotaur takes a glance at the place, then rests his shotgun on a rack on the wall.

Jason : Good to be back.

He then walks to the drinks on the shelf and grabs for himself a bottle of whiskey. He doesn't even need to look for it, he just walks right to where it is and grabs the thing, like he already knows where it is.
And he doesn't need a cup for this. He just wings it with a chug to help with the thirst.
As the sailors get settled and hail the tavernkeep for breakfasts, Morag slips through the group and settles down in a corner. She takes off her pack, and unpacks a hurdy gurdy. With nimble fingers she attaches the crank and begins stringing it.
Thel and his two assistants enter the tavern a minute later, and sit at a separate table. One of them, the surgeon who attempted to help Lith back before they left the ship, stands and moves through the sailors, taking tally of whatever resources they have used up, mostly ammunition in this case.
 

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
The tavern is still empty in the early morning, but now crowded and all noisy by the sailors.
The minotaur takes a glance at the place, then rests his shotgun on a rack on the wall.

Jason : Good to be back.

He then walks to the drinks on the shelf and grabs for himself a bottle of whiskey. He doesn't even need to look for it, he just walks right to where it is and grabs the thing, like he already knows where it is.
And he doesn't need a cup for this. He just wings it with a chug to help with the thirst.


Eviscerena has also already taken her leave and heads towards a building, after the wolf biid them goodbye. She seems rather tired and could use some rest.
Jin is also both sleepy and hungry to think straight right now, so he just leaves Thel and the two to their own business, and heads to the other side of the town, opposite the tavern. Looks to be a blacksmith.
Galaxy doesn't seem tired or hungry at all, thanks to the different nature of her biology, but she joins her dad nonetheless. She still makes sure to keep the bag of treasure that they found in the forest earlier, but also to not use it for anyone, not even her dad, until there is an agreement between them all about it.


The cat wakes up, but not due to the noises of the rowdy sailors visiting the town.
He sits up and rubs his eyes, purring a bit, then gets off the bed, walking to the dragon.
On his phone, google translate again.

"Em thấy đỡ chưa ?"
"Do you feel better?"
“A bit thank you” *I said waking up starving* “I’m really hungry right now and I don’t know where to get food right now”
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
As the sailors get settled and hail the tavernkeep for breakfasts, Morag slips through the group and settles down in a corner. She takes off her pack, and unpacks a hurdy gurdy. With nimble fingers she attaches the crank and begins stringing it.
Thel and his two assistants enter the tavern a minute later, and sit at a separate table. One of them, the surgeon who attempted to help Lith back before they left the ship, stands and moves through the sailors, taking tally of whatever resources they have used up, mostly ammunition in this case.
Jason chuckles, then wings it with another chug of the whiskey. Then he heads to the kitchen.
Sounds of frying pan and pot clanging together could be heard from there, followed by the stove being turned on, and the sizzling sounds of something being fried.
From the smells of it, seems to be omelette and sausages, with some buttered toasts.
When he's served all tables with the foods, he gets back to the counter for another chug of whiskey.

Jason : Y'all best be quiet for me sleep, lest I make ya stay quiet, aye ?... Aye.

Then he gets to his room (just behind the counter). There is a sound of the door being locked.
For someone of his age, it's nothing short of wonder how he can still keep up with the others through the forest eaier.
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
“A bit thank you” *I said waking up starving* “I’m really hungry right now and I don’t know where to get food right now”
The cat types on the phone again, then shows the dragon.

"Wait here."
"Đợi đây."


Then he bolts out of the room.
About 15 minutes later, he's back (but sweats all over his forehead and panting heavily, like he just ran through 3-4 floors of the hospital), with a small bag.
He takes out a bread stuffed with fried eggs and sausage inside. He gives it to the dragon.
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
Jason chuckles, then wings it with another chug of the whiskey. Then he heads to the kitchen.
Sounds of frying pan and pot clanging together could be heard from there, followed by the stove being turned on, and the sizzling sounds of something being fried.
From the smells of it, seems to be omelette and sausages, with some buttered toasts.
When he's served all tables with the foods, he gets back to the counter for another chug of whiskey.

Jason : Y'all best be quiet for me sleep, lest I make ya stay quiet, aye ?... Aye.

Then he gets to his room (just behind the counter). There is a sound of the door being locked.
For someone of his age, it's nothing short of wonder how he can still keep up with the others through the forest eaier.
As the sailors chow down, Morag finishes setting up her gurdy. Strapping it on, she drags a chair onto a raised section of flooring and sits down.
She begins with a tune that some may be familiar with. The sailors know it, thanks to their travels to other lands
 
Top