• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Last of Us Among the Cosmos (canceled)

The_Happiest_Husky

Dealer of Black Market Headpats
(I guess one other reason why it's getting hard for me, is because everyone is too spread out ; there are several scenes going on, one at the workshop, one at the tavern, and another in the woods, so it makes it hard for me to really focus, so...)

(would you mind helping me narrate the rp, too ? add your own things to it, or something, and I'll tag along too, since I'm assuming that you kinda got the gist of the whole thing already)
(I can try, yeah. What kind of areas do you want me to cover and what to specifically leave to you?)

PC Master Race

(I can try, yeah. What kind of areas do you want me to cover and what to specifically leave to you?)
(could use your help with the threats and dangers around here ; eldritch horrors, freakish abominations and fanatic cultists are the main ordeals, but there's also room for others such as the blood-sucking bugs, fungal zombies, acid ectoplasm, etc)

(if you could come up with anything, just let 'em all in, as long as it's not too much like controlling time/reality/space ; let's just say that we should be able to kill them with enough firepower and ammo)

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
Galaxy cocks her head back in the house, signalling them to get inside, as she opens the door.

Galaxy : My dad has some food left.

Eagle scout : Tôi sắp xong r-
< I'm almost don- >

He is interrupted and gets startled as the two bodies burst apart, and then it's nightmare fuel in broad daylight.
A swarm of spider hatchlings crawl out from inside the bodies, likely to escape the fire, but at the same time coming right at him.
A few of them manage to latch onto him before he could jump back, but thankfully the worst that can happen to him is their painful bites. Otherwise, no venom or poison.
A good number of them is burned off by the fire, but the rest are getting away.

Eagle scout : Giết hết bọn nó !
< Kill them all ! >

He quickly swipes off the few on him, and grabs another branch near the bush Shozu is hding.

The tavern gets less and less crowded, as the day goes by. Seems that everyone is busy with their own work.
The only one that walks in, is a mouse-bat wearing a white nurse outfit. With her blood-red eyes and long fangs, she could tell people she's a vampire and it wouldn't be too hard to believe.
Mina_screenshot.png
From the looks of her, she seems to be around 18 or 19.
*I came inside shivering and so cold I started sneezing* “sorry I’m not used to the cold AHHHCCHOO” *I sneezed loudly*

PC Master Race

The whippet hurls the glass jar into the fire, and it shatters, spilling burning powder that flares up with a loud crackling sound.
"Go, go, get out of here!"
Shozu grabs the eagle by the arm and pulls him back as the fire pops with little explosions, spreading much faster and turning a vibrant red in colour.
Much of the spiders are burned to ashes when the fire spreads. The sounds of them being burned and the noises they make are rather sickening, but also a bit relieving, knowing that they're done for.
The eagle is startled when he gets pulled back, but glad that Shozu was fast and strong enough to do so.

Eagle scout : Thanks.

Once the spiders are just ashes now, he slowly gets up.

Eagle scout : Chắc là ổn rồi. Anh có định vào sâu bên trong nữa không, hay thôi đi về ?
< It looks clear for now. Do you want to go deeper, or go back ? >

The_Happiest_Husky

Much of the spiders are burned to ashes when the fire spreads. The sounds of them being burned and the noises they make are rather sickening, but also a bit relieving, knowing that they're done for.
The eagle is startled when he gets pulled back, but glad that Shozu was fast and strong enough to do so.

Eagle scout : Thanks.

Once the spiders are just ashes now, he slowly gets up.

Eagle scout : Chắc là ổn rồi. Anh có định vào sâu bên trong nữa không, hay thôi đi về ?
< It looks clear for now. Do you want to go deeper, or go back ? >
"That's up to you. Do you have the information you wanted yet? We can find a safe spot for you to read those papers we found before deciding to go on or head back."
He pauses for a moment.
"We haven't yet seen any cultists, and you did say you wanted to check up on what they might be up to."

Last edited:

The_Happiest_Husky

*I felt better when I got inside sniffling from the cold because the earth’s core was a lot hotter like tropical hot* “why is it so cold the center of the earth is much hotter!?”
"Vould you like a blanket vile I get you food?"

PC Master Race

"That's up to you. Do you have the information you wanted yet? We can find a safe spot for you to read those papers we found before deciding to go on or head back."
He pauses for a moment.
"We haven't yet seen any cultists, and you did say you wanted to check up on what they might be up to."
The eagle scout nods, then looks up to find the opening for him to get up in the sky again. Once he gets a clear line of sight through the tree branches, he flaps his wings and takes to the air once more, and heads on.
But as he gets to the air, he sees movement of something freaky and unusual at the corner of his eyes. Only for it to be gone when he looks in that direction, to the south.

Eagle scout : Kế hoạch này không ổn. Tôi không giỏi định vị đường đi mà thường nhắm vào mục tiêu. Tôi nghĩ tốt hơn là anh nên là người dẫn đường quay lại chỗ mà tối qua anh đi đến.
< This plan isn't OK. I'm not good at navigating directions, only focusing on the target. I think you are better than me at leading the way back to where you were last night. >

*I felt better when I got inside sniffling from the cold because the earth’s core was a lot hotter like tropical hot* “why is it so cold the center of the earth is much hotter!?”
"Vould you like a blanket vile I get you food?"
“Yes yes please” *I said shivering like mad* “If this were a tropical climate I’d be fine but it feels like the Arctic to me”
Galaxy : Oh stop being a big baby. You've been here long enough to get used to this temperature.

The beast clicks her tongue and just closes the dragon's wings around him, then goes to get a pretty thick and heavy blanket that people usually only put on during winter.

Galaxy : There you go. Now wait here, I go get some food.

She heads to the kitchen and sets the foods on the table.
A pretty big cooker full of piping hot rice, a large plate of fried eggs, and a pot of vegetable soup. A pretty simple Vietnamese meal, but it'd have to do.
She waits for them to take their seats, before sitting down herself.

Galaxy : I heard that you're one of the blacksmiths among the sailors, yes ?

The_Happiest_Husky

The eagle scout nods, then looks up to find the opening for him to get up in the sky again. Once he gets a clear line of sight through the tree branches, he flaps his wings and takes to the air once more, and heads on.
But as he gets to the air, he sees movement of something freaky and unusual at the corner of his eyes. Only for it to be gone when he looks in that direction, to the south.

Eagle scout : Kế hoạch này không ổn. Tôi không giỏi định vị đường đi mà thường nhắm vào mục tiêu. Tôi nghĩ tốt hơn là anh nên là người dẫn đường quay lại chỗ mà tối qua anh đi đến.
< This plan isn't OK. I'm not good at navigating directions, only focusing on the target. I think you are better than me at leading the way back to where you were last night. >
"Got it. I'll make for the path we followed, we're fairly close."
He breaks into a jog, making his way through the dark forest.

Galaxy : Oh stop being a big baby. You've been here long enough to get used to this temperature.

The beast clicks her tongue and just closes the dragon's wings around him, then goes to get a pretty thick and heavy blanket that people usually only put on during winter.

A pretty big cooker full of piping hot rice, a large plate of fried eggs, and a pot of vegetable soup. A pretty simple Vietnamese meal, but it'd have to do.

The big Burmese sniffs at the food, then smiles and rubs his hands together in anticipation.
"
Ja, zat is correct. I am a new hire, I haf only been aboart for, ah, a year. Kaptain Thelenaeus hiret me after my prefious schip sank."
It clearly takes some effort for him to pronounce Thelenaeus's name correctly.

The_Happiest_Husky

"Nice to meet you, Im Umbra Flameseeker," She replies.
She nods, and drinks the shot in one swallow. She closes her eyes and smiles, enjoying the alcohol.
"
You strike me as someone who knows the hunt. How are things going for you?"
She pours another shot.

PC Master Race

"Got it. I'll make for the path we followed, we're fairly close."
He breaks into a jog, making his way through the dark forest.
The eagle scout also follows suit, all four combat knives readied in his hands and talons.
The path back to where the sailors and survivors fought their way through, unsurprisingly, is nothing short of threats again.
The acid ectoplasms have made their return.
Worse, they appear bigger... with the zombies taken down last night, now inside them too.
The fungal parasites on the zombies' rotting and decaying body, corroded into the ectoplasms' mass, give these slime monstrosities a sickly, noxious green/yellow hue.
Definitely bad news.
On the right, Shozu might see a small path going off the main one... and from a distance, there seems to be movements.

Eagle scout : Tôi thấy có mấy con axit hóa tinh phía này, mà bọn nó trông có vẻ nguy hiểm hơn đấy... và tôi thấy có động ở đằng kia. Hình như là bọn dị giáo đấy.
< I see acid-turned-demons (ectoplasm) here, they look more dangerous. I see movement over there too. Must be the cultists. >

The big Burmese sniffs at the food, then smiles and rubs his hands together in anticipation.
"
Ja, zat is correct. I am a new hire, I haf only been aboart for, ah, a year. Kaptain Thelenaeus hiret me after my prefious schip sank."
It clearly takes some effort for him to pronounce Thelenaeus's name correctly.
Galaxy : Tell me more about how your journey. Did you encounter a massive eldritch monstrosity from underwater ?

She sounds pretty excited and eager to hear more about her kind.
While she's clearly taking the fight straight to them now, she's also fascinated to learn more about them.

Universe

“I am a baby stop yelling at me” *I said now angry and trying not to catch fire* “You have no idea what it’s like to watch your own parents get murdered right before your eyes and not be able to do anything about it” *Tears started welling up in my eyes* “it’s not fair”

The_Happiest_Husky

Galaxy : Tell me more about how your journey. Did you encounter a massive eldritch monstrosity from underwater ?

She sounds pretty excited and eager to hear more about her kind.
While she's clearly taking the fight straight to them now, she's also fascinated to learn more about them.
“I am a baby stop yelling at me” *I said now angry and trying not to catch fire* “You have no idea what it’s like to watch your own parents get murdered right before your eyes and not be able to do anything about it” *Tears started welling up in my eyes* “it’s not fair”
Yev begins to answer, but is interrupted by the dragon. He turns to Universe and speaks gently
"Du vill be alright, no one is upset vis you. Please, jusht eat, it vill help you relax."
Turning back to Galaxy, he finishes answering. It's clear that there's a lot of pain he's trying to not show.
"Ve vere set upon by some creature of ze deep vile chasink an undead schip. Big krab legs comink out of ze wasser. Ze first hit vas ein todesstoss, ve fought as lonk as ve coult but ve vere sunk. Most of ze crew dit not make it to schore."

Universe

Yev begins to answer, but is interrupted by the dragon. He turns to Universe and speaks gently
"Du vill be alright, no one is upset vis you. Please, jusht eat, it vill help you relax."
Turning back to Galaxy, he finishes answering. It's clear that there's a lot of pain he's trying to not show.
"Ve vere set upon by some creature of ze deep vile chasink an undead schip. Big krab legs comink out of ze wasser. Ze first hit vas ein todesstoss, ve fought as lonk as ve coult but ve vere sunk. Most of ze crew dit not make it to schore."
“I’m sorry I lost my parents killed right in front of me” *I said sadly* “I’m only three years old my species can live for millennia I never got to say goodbye” *I had eaten the food and instead of liquid tears green diamond tears streamed down my snout*

PC Master Race

“I’m sorry I lost my parents killed right in front of me” *I said sadly* “I’m only three years old my species can live for millennia I never got to say goodbye” *I had eaten the food and instead of liquid tears green diamond tears streamed down my snout*
Galaxy sits there, conflicted. She wants to try to reason with the dragon but feels that it's not possible and not necessary. She wants to hear more about the monsters that caused such damage to Yev's ship but feels that it'd be weird.
In the end, it's her species, the eldritch monsters, that caused all these, and certainly more.
She still appears expressionless (mostly due to how her facial structure is), but her voice sounds guilty, despite how otherworldly and unnatural it is.
She looks at the dragon.

Galaxy : ... It'll be OK. We got you, kid.

Then to Yev.

Galaxy : If you say "big crab legs" then I can only imagine it's a crab-like monstrosity the size of a ship or more. Its massive claws might be enough to snap a ship in two.

The_Happiest_Husky

Galaxy sits there, conflicted. She wants to try to reason with the dragon but feels that it's not possible and not necessary. She wants to hear more about the monsters that caused such damage to Yev's ship but feels that it'd be weird.
In the end, it's her species, the eldritch monsters, that caused all these, and certainly more.
She still appears expressionless (mostly due to how her facial structure is), but her voice sounds guilty, despite how otherworldly and unnatural it is.
She looks at the dragon.

Then to Yev.

Galaxy : If you say "big crab legs" then I can only imagine it's a crab-like monstrosity the size of a ship or more. Its massive claws might be enough to snap a ship in two.
"Ze Seafolk, zey are a people voo know ze ocean fery well. Zey live on ze ocean zere vole lifes, ja? Zey call zat monster 'Yurmil'. No one has seen ze body ant lifft to tell, not even zem. It is big, zo, fery big. Ze legs come up on all sides of ze schip, surroundink it."
He sighs.
"Mein Vater warnt me to not go to sea. But I vas bort of many years of brewink and Kueferei. Still, I haf come to love ze sea, ant I do not sink I vill go back to vorkink on land."

Universe

She looks at the dragon.

Then to Yev.

*I looked like I could use a hug* “I can never go back to the center of the earth because they think I did it they think I killed my parents” *I sniffed trying to stop crying*

PC Master Race

*I looked like I could use a hug* “I can never go back to the center of the earth because they think I did it they think I killed my parents” *I sniffed trying to stop crying*
The beast holds on the dragon's hand.

Galaxy : But you got a home here. With me and our dads. We'll keep you safe.

Then she gently nudges the bowl at the dragon, telling him to eat the food before it gets cold.

"Ze Seafolk, zey are a people voo know ze ocean fery well. Zey live on ze ocean zere vole lifes, ja? Zey call zat monster 'Yurmil'. No one has seen ze body ant lifft to tell, not even zem. It is big, zo, fery big. Ze legs come up on all sides of ze schip, surroundink it."
He sighs.
"Mein Vater warnt me to not go to sea. But I vas bort of many years of brewink and Kueferei. Still, I haf come to love ze sea, ant I do not sink I vill go back to vorkink on land."
Galaxy : "Yurmil" ?... Don't think I've ever heard that term before. We eldritch beasts don't have any proper terminology for it anyway. Dad categorized us into two types, "void-spawn" and "star-born", but they're two really broad terms, they're about as good as "feline" and "canine". But that "yurmil" you describe, I think I know that one, it's a star-born. Similar to me in some ways.

She looks out the window, then back to Yev.

Galaxy : Sometimes I can't imagine a life entirely on the sea like you put it. Just you, with or without your crew, the ship, on a vast, seemingly endless ocean. Never knowing where you'd get to and when you'd get to it. It feels so... stranded out there. Alone, empty. Maybe it's not for everyone.

@The_Happiest_Husky
(let's just skip the scouting with shozu and the eagle, I planned to make it one of the main activities but now it just feels like filter, so we'll just skip it if that's ok with you)
(we'll focus on building up the town defense and actual campaigns to clear out the areas around town)

Universe

Then she gently nudges the bowl at the dragon, telling him to eat the food before it gets cold.

Galaxy : "Yurmil" ?... Don't think I've ever heard that term before. We eldritch beasts don't have any proper terminology for it anyway. Dad categorized us into two types, "void-spawn" and "star-born", but they're two really broad terms, they're about as good as "feline" and "canine". But that "yurmil" you describe, I think I know that one, it's a star-born. Similar to me in some ways.

Galaxy : Sometimes I can't imagine a life entirely on the sea like you put it. Just you, with or without your crew, the ship, on a vast, seemingly endless ocean. Never knowing where you'd get to and when you'd get to it. It feels so... stranded out there. Alone, empty. Maybe it's not for everyone.

@The_Happiest_Husky
(let's just skip the scouting with shozu and the eagle, I planned to make it one of the main activities but now it just feels like filter, so we'll just skip it if that's ok with you)
(we'll focus on building up the town defense and actual campaigns to clear out the areas around town)
*I ate the food* “I’m sorry I don’t want to be a burden to you” *I said thinking that the blacksmith hated me*

The_Happiest_Husky

(All good yup)

The_Happiest_Husky

"Ja, it is not for eferyone. Ze Seafolk, zey tent to sink ze same sink about life on lant. It is all perspektif, I say."
*I ate the food* “I’m sorry I don’t want to be a burden to you” *I said thinking that the blacksmith hated me*
Yev waves off the apology.
"
It is no vorry. You are young, ja? Zere is much you shtill haf to learn. I do not look it, Ich weiss, but I haf liffd a lonk time, ant I still am learnink!"

Universe

"Ja, it is not for eferyone. Ze Seafolk, zey tent to sink ze same sink about life on lant. It is all perspektif, I say."

"
It is no vorry. You are young, ja? Zere is much you shtill haf to learn. I do not look it, Ich weiss, but I haf liffd a lonk time, ant I still am learnink!"
*I stared at him confused* “huh? I don’t understand.” *Green diamonds were still falling from my snout*

PC Master Race

"
*I stared at him confused* “huh? I don’t understand.” *Green diamonds were still falling from my snout*
Galaxy : He said... uh... "It is no worry. You are young, yes ? There is much you still have to learn. I do not look it... age wise ?... But I have lived a long time, and I still am learning."

She has to take a breather after than attempt to translate. Then she cleans up the dragon's tears.

Galaxy : It's OK, no worries about it-

There are footsteps from outside the house. They sound rather familiar.

Galaxy : I think dads are back. Dry up your tears, big guy. Don't want them to see you like this, heh.