• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Last of Us Among the Cosmos (canceled)

The Spirit Guardian

Brother Of Ori
The sailors open fire at the acidic monstrosity like a firing squad. Even when it's on land, surrounded by the trees and obscured by the darkness, with what little light they have from the lanterns, the ferocity of the sailors are still clearly shown through the loud gunfire that rips through the night and tears it apart through and through.
The defenseless monster takes the full force of the bullet hell from the sailors and the on-land survivors, but as it gets shredded to pieces and its mass shot down, the vines also have less and less of it to grip into.
Morag might notice this, seeing that it's trying to take advantage of everyone's assult to attempt its escape. Even Eviscerena's frost-coated gunshots won't be enough to slow it down for long... but the huntress does not notice it yet, probably due to her bad eyesight in this dark area.
But, as everyone focuses their fire on the monster, Jason, Yev and one other would notice something else in the opposite of the forest... and this time it doesn't take them long to identify the new threat.
The corpses along the path are starting to move. More or less akin to reanimated.

Jason : Zombies ! We got zombies incoming !
The feline bid his time carefully, waiting for an opening, or more so waiting to see if this full frontal assault would put this nightmare down for good. Though, when he heard what Jason said, it was as if this came straight from a movie.

Zombies. Wonderful.

He quickly spun around, taking aim with his good arm, closing one eye to ensure that it would be a definite surefire shot. Spectral Vision wouldn't work on the undead, seeing as they had no pulse to latch on to, so it made it hard for the cat to determine how many undead were in the area. All he knew was to shoot first, check to see if it moves, then shoot till it stops moving.

Thankfully, one shot should be enough. Lith got some distance from the undead, took aim for the head, and fired one shot, testing his theory if one bullet would be enough to end them. Hopefully that was the case...

He didn't want to have to shoot more than once.

The_Happiest_Husky

Average 100 rated chess player
The sailors open fire at the acidic monstrosity like a firing squad. Even when it's on land, surrounded by the trees and obscured by the darkness, with what little light they have from the lanterns, the ferocity of the sailors are still clearly shown through the loud gunfire that rips through the night and tears it apart through and through.
The defenseless monster takes the full force of the bullet hell from the sailors and the on-land survivors, but as it gets shredded to pieces and its mass shot down, the vines also have less and less of it to grip into.
Morag might notice this, seeing that it's trying to take advantage of everyone's assult to attempt its escape. Even Eviscerena's frost-coated gunshots won't be enough to slow it down for long... but the huntress does not notice it yet, probably due to her bad eyesight in this dark area.
But, as everyone focuses their fire on the monster, Jason, Yev and one other would notice something else in the opposite of the forest... and this time it doesn't take them long to identify the new threat.
The corpses along the path are starting to move. More or less akin to reanimated.

Jason : Zombies ! We got zombies incoming !
Yev lets out a roar and sends a massive slug flying at the next zombie behind the one Lith fired at. His shooting isn't very accurate, but that slug will do a lot of damage no matter where it hits. He racks the shotgun open and loads another slug, as due to the size of the shells, the weapon only carries four rounds in the tube and a fifth in the chamber. The 4 in the tube are buckshot, and with the zombies still at some distance away he needs slugs to be effective, hence he must manually load each slug shell. The sailor next to him aims carefully and fires a rifle round at another zombie, the weapon cycling with the distinctive sound of a toggle-lock mechanism.

Behind them, Thelenaeus carefully watches as the slime is shot apart. As it shrinks and begins to slink aside, he makes his move.

"Open lines! Kick to it, about face and reform! Engage those blasted undead!"
At the command, the sailors step apart and he steps through the gap, tossing his shovel in the air and catching it in his mechanical arm. The clawlike hand spins about as he raises the shovel in an overhead grip like a javelin. Hurling it with mechanically-enhanced force, the shovel flies true and spears through the ectoplasm, penetrating the ground. A moment later, saltwater gushes from the ground and up through the ectoplasm.

Seeing the change in danger, Morag changes her melody slightly. The withering vines around the acid ectoplasm fall still and begin to quickly die like the rest of the forest's plants. The pipe's tune increases in complexity again, sounding almost as if two people were playing in harmony. New vines sprout around the path of the zombies, and begin to inhibit the zombies' progress. However, if anyone looks closely at Morag, they can see that something is wrong. Her face is screwed up in intense concentration, her body shakes, and a black corruption is spreading across the pan pipes.

Last edited:

PC Master Race

Lith got some distance from the undead, took aim for the head, and fired one shot, testing his theory if one bullet would be enough to end them.
The shot leaves a hole the size of a table-tennis ball right on the corpse's head ! Needless to say, hard for it to wake up after that.
True to Jin's statement when making his weapons. "If it takes more than one shot, you aren't using my gun."

Yev lets out a roar and sends a massive slug flying at the next zombie behind the one Lith fired at.
The slug crashes through the zombie's whole chest and knocks it to the ground with a loud thud. There is definitely no way it can get back up after that one hell of a gunshot.
Even the ground is busted up a little as the slug falls down.
The weapon may not be as modern as what Jin has, but the firepower is still comparable in terms of frighteningly devastating.

The sailor next to him aims carefully and fires a rifle round at another zombie, the weapon cycling with the distinctive sound of a toggle-lock mechanism.
While not as lethal as the one Lith fires with Jin's gun, or as the whole slug from Yev's gun, it messes up the zombie's legs enough to prevent it from getting up, forcing it to stay on ground.

Hurling it with mechanically-enhanced force, the shovel flies true and spears through the ectoplasm, penetrating the ground. A moment later, saltwater gushes from the ground and up through the ectoplasm.
The ectoplasm is wrecked apart even more from the shovel. While it definitely gets hurt from such an attack that adds up along with other gunfire assaults, it's also closer to getting away. However, even if it does manage to get away, and the combined force of Eviscerena's frost gunshots and Morag's vines are not enough to slow it down enough, the saltwater helps to act as damage over time to make sure it's done for.
Everyone could hear sizzle sounds from where it is, like something is boiling...
... or being boiled.

Seeing the change in danger, Morag changes her melody slightly. The withering vines around the acid ectoplasm fall still and begin to quickly die like the rest of the forest's plants. The pipe's tune increases in complexity again, sounding almost as if two people were playing in harmony. New vines sprout around the path of the zombies, and begin to inhibit the zombies' progress. However, if anyone looks closely at Morag, they can see that something is wrong. Her face is screwed up in intense concentration, her body shakes, and a black corruption is spreading across the pan pipes.
The few zombies not ripped and torn to shreds by gunfire are pinned down by the vines. At least the crew and the survivors have some breathing room.
... Until Eviscerena notices the black on the pan pipes, as well as Morag not looking too good. Out of instinct, she tries to wrench the pipes off.

Eviscerena : Hey ! Get it off !

The_Happiest_Husky

The shot leaves a hole the size of a table-tennis ball right on the corpse's head ! Needless to say, hard for it to wake up after that.
True to Jin's statement when making his weapons. "If it takes more than one shot, you aren't using my gun."

The slug crashes through the zombie's whole chest and knocks it to the ground with a loud thud. There is definitely no way it can get back up after that one hell of a gunshot.
Even the ground is busted up a little as the slug falls down.
The weapon may not be as modern as what Jin has, but the firepower is still comparable in terms of frighteningly devastating.

While not as lethal as the one Lith fires with Jin's gun, or as the whole slug from Yev's gun, it messes up the zombie's legs enough to prevent it from getting up, forcing it to stay on ground.

The ectoplasm is wrecked apart even more from the shovel. While it definitely gets hurt from such an attack that adds up along with other gunfire assaults, it's also closer to getting away. However, even if it does manage to get away, and the combined force of Eviscerena's frost gunshots and Morag's vines are not enough to slow it down enough, the saltwater helps to act as damage over time to make sure it's done for.
Everyone could hear sizzle sounds from where it is, like something is boiling...
... or being boiled.

The few zombies not ripped and torn to shreds by gunfire are pinned down by the vines. At least the crew and the survivors have some breathing room.
... Until Eviscerena notices the black on the pan pipes, as well as Morag not looking too good. Out of instinct, she tries to wrench the pipes off.

Eviscerena : Hey ! Get it off !
Evi easily pulls the pipes from her grasp. Breaking from her concentration like being snapped out of a trance, Morag immediately falls to her knees and vomits. She stays down, shaking, struggling to not collapse into her own pool of vomit.
Behind them, the sailors move in groups, guarding each other, as they finish off the zombies on the ground. A good decision, as the moment the pipes left Morag's hands and the music stopped, the vines began dying and drying out

PC Master Race

*I slowly woke up in a medical hut* “Ahh where am I? Oh not again!” *I groaned annoyed*
The dragon finds himself, along with the cat, in a small room, actually. There are about 6 beds, all occupied.
The cat is sleeping in a nearby one.
Both of them have bandages on their body.
He could a board on the wall, which details the rules of the hospital, in two languages : one is English, and the other looks to be the "strange" language that he saw from the cat's phone screen earlier, at the google translate part. It's Vietnamese.
The equipment in the room is modest, to say the least. Nothing of high tech or fancy magical quality. But, at least everything ids clean and upkept pretty well.
When the dragon wakes up, it's still night time.
Still the same night, in fact.
There are other patients and injured people in the room, visited by their family members and relatives. The dragon could hear the language they speak... sounds similar to what the cat speaks, in fact.
There is also someone else, sitting by the window looking out. She looks to be a bat-mouse hybrid, with a long snout and tail of a mouse, but fangs, wings and pointy ears of a bat.
She wears a white, sleeve-less, buttoned shirt, and white pants. There is a white band with a red cross on her right arm, and a name tag on her shirt that reads :
Lê Ngọc / Mina
Y tá / Nurse

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
The dragon finds himself, along with the cat, in a small room, actually. There are about 6 beds, all occupied.
The cat is sleeping in a nearby one.
Both of them have bandages on their body.
He could a board on the wall, which details the rules of the hospital, in two languages : one is English, and the other looks to be the "strange" language that he saw from the cat's phone screen earlier, at the google translate part. It's Vietnamese.
The equipment in the room is modest, to say the least. Nothing of high tech or fancy magical quality. But, at least everything ids clean and upkept pretty well.
When the dragon wakes up, it's still night time.
Still the same night, in fact.
There are other patients and injured people in the room, visited by their family members and relatives. The dragon could hear the language they speak... sounds similar to what the cat speaks, in fact.
There is also someone else, sitting by the window looking out. She looks to be a bat-mouse hybrid, with a long snout and tail of a mouse, but fangs, wings and pointy ears of a bat.
She wears a white, sleeve-less, buttoned shirt, and white pants. There is a white band with a red cross on her right arm, and a name tag on her shirt that reads :
Lê Ngọc / Mina
Y tá / Nurse
“Huh? Where am I?” *I asked scared out of my mind* “What is going on?” *I then winced* “Ah”

PC Master Race

“Huh? Where am I?” *I asked scared out of my mind* “What is going on?” *I then winced* “Ah”
*I was refreshed but feeling a little lightheaded* “What is this place?” *I muttered hoping somebody here knew English*
The other patients hear the dragon and glance at him, but they don't exactly understand what he says.
The bat-mouse nurse hears and looks over to the dragon, then walks to the bed.

Mina : Hey, easy there.

She sits down next to him and gently places her hand on his forehead.

Mina : You're in a hospital. We found you and him near the entrance of the village, injured, so we got you in.

Then she rubs his belly.

Mina : How are you feeling right now, big guy ?

Universe

The other patients hear the dragon and glance at him, but they don't exactly understand what he says.
The bat-mouse nurse hears and looks over to the dragon, then walks to the bed.

Mina : Hey, easy there.

She sits down next to him and gently places her hand on his forehead.

Mina : You're in a hospital. We found you and him near the entrance of the village, injured, so we got you in.

Then she rubs his belly.

Mina : How are you feeling right now, big guy ?
“My wing aches badly” *I said trying hard not to cry* “stupid arrow” *I said annoyed with the cultists* “I think I feel a little lightheaded” *The arrow had a barbed tip*

Last edited:

PC Master Race

“My wing aches badly” *I said trying hard not to cry* “stupid arrow” *I said annoyed with the cultists* “I think I feel a little lightheaded” *The arrow had a barbed tip*
The nurse glances over the dragon's wings, all patched up with white cloths instead of just bandages.

Mina : That should be the least of your worries, big guy.

Then points at his feet.

Mina : Those, are more serious. We found lots of cuts on your feet, like you stepped on something sharp. Almost infected. You even had a shard stuck in your foot.

She takes out a small zip bag, and shows him what's inside. A shard of strange stone-like object, white color, with watery patterns on the surface, and engulfed in three elemental auras around it : fire, frost, and electrical sparks.

Mina : Do you recognize this ?

The dragon might find it strangely familiar...

Universe

The nurse glances over the dragon's wings, all patched up with white cloths instead of just bandages.

Mina : That should be the least of your worries, big guy.

Then points at his feet.

Mina : Those, are more serious. We found lots of cuts on your feet, like you stepped on something sharp. Almost infected. You even had a shard stuck in your foot.

She takes out a small zip bag, and shows him what's inside. A shard of strange stone-like object, white color, with watery patterns on the surface, and engulfed in three elemental auras around it : fire, frost, and electrical sparks.

Mina : Do you recognize this ?

The dragon might find it strangely familiar...
“Yes”*I said shaking with exhaustion* “why does my body ache so much Jeez how long was I out?”

Last edited:

PC Master Race

“Yes”*I said shaking with exhaustion* “why does my body ache so much Jeez how long was I out?”
The nurse raises her eyebrows, looking straight at the dragon, her voice clearly concerned.

Mina : You do ? You know what this strange stone is ? Tell me.

She gets closer to him, apparently not paying attention to what he said about his aching body.

Universe

The nurse raises her eyebrows, looking straight at the dragon, her voice clearly concerned.

Mina : You do ? You know what this strange stone is ? Tell me.

She gets closer to him, apparently not paying attention to what he said about his aching body.
“It’s a stone of the ancient dragons I should know because I’m one of them we went into hiding at…” *I wasn’t sure if I should say where my race had gone into hiding because it would defeat the purpose* “if I told you you wouldn’t believe me OW oooh my head”

Last edited:

The_Happiest_Husky

PC Master Race

“My name’s Universe Celestial” *I said unsure whether I should tell her that* “how long have I been here?”
Mina : Just... an hour at best. Not long.

“It’s a stone of the ancient dragons I should know because I’m one of them we went into hiding at…” *I wasn’t sure if I should say where my race had gone into hiding because it would defeat the purpose* “if I told you you wouldn’t believe me OW oooh my head”
The nurse looks a bit skeptical.

Mina : You sure ? Because I found this in the injuries beneath your foot, but nowhere else. Why would you have a stone of your species in your injuries ?

Could it have been from when the dragon and the cat tried to run away from that jellyfish-brain monster and it tried to attack them ?

*I had a slight skull fracture on the side of my head* “Owwwwww why does my head hurt so much?” *I groaned loudly trying to get up not getting the fact that I had to rest*
She places her hand on the dragon's head.

Mina : You should get down. You really need some rest.

PC Master Race

(yea nw mate I'm havin fun reading it. btw, I've got a list of my characters here so I can track injuries and whatnot. I can send a link to it if you like)
(Aye, bring 'em in)

Universe

Mina : Just... an hour at best. Not long.

The nurse looks a bit skeptical.

Mina : You sure ? Because I found this in the injuries beneath your foot, but nowhere else. Why would you have a stone of your species in your injuries ?

Could it have been from when the dragon and the cat tried to run away from that jellyfish-brain monster and it tried to attack them ?

She places her hand on the dragon's head.

Mina : You should get down. You really need some rest.
*I panted confused* “yes I’m sure I oooh my head” *I groaned my head really hurting making it hard to think* “ohhhhh” *I then laid back down on the bed frustrated* “why does my head hurt so much?”

PC Master Race

*I panted confused* “yes I’m sure I oooh my head” *I groaned my head really hurting making it hard to think* “ohhhhh” *I then laid back down on the bed frustrated* “why does my head hurt so much?”
The nurse temporarily shifts her attention to the dragon's head. She keeps her hand on his forehead.
Not a fever or a cold.

Mina : You have a headache ?... Migraine ? Something like that ?

The_Happiest_Husky

(Aye, bring 'em in)
(Aight here you go. Any injuries or special conditions you assign will be tracked here. Added a weapon tracker for unnamed crewmen at the bottom, also.
(If you want any extra info on anyone, just lemme know. I've got details thought up for the named three that I'm using to determine their actions and plan ahead.)
(Also, when it comes to character deaths. All the sailors except Thel and Yev are open to being killed at any time if needed. I have outlines for Thel, Yev, and Morag post-death too, though, if needed in late story. Morag has a special case related to her preexisting lore, her death would go over interestingly)