• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Last of Us Among the Cosmos : Reclaim

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
"Whatever evil cursed this place," Morag gestures at the surrounding forest, "traveled back though my Vinesong spell and tried to afflict me. I've never known any evil to be able to do that."
She shakes her head. "I've only known one person who's able to send recoil through my spells, and if he'd had anything to do with the curse here I'd know. So I worry."
There is a look of concern on the elephant's face as he hears the details of the situation. There is still a lot more that remains unknown about the true nature of these monstrosities, and if that's the case, Morag was lucky that Eviscerena managed to snap her out of the spell.
There was no end to the horror, madness and chaos that they have endured through the days on the sea, and it's no safer on land.
He looks over.

Jin : You're OK now though, right ? Not... corrupted or anything, right ?

Clearly, he doesn't want to have to kill an afflicted and turned ally.
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
*I giggled and flicked my tail playfully* “I want to see you daddy.” *I was so cute when I wasn’t trying to be and it was suddenly clear that the cultists were trying to sacrifice a 3-year old dragon who was scared*
*I was snoring cutely and my tail wags*
“Zzzzzzzzzzzz I love you daddy” *I muttered in my sleep and it sounds so cute*
The cat hears the dragon talking in his sleep and feels bad for him.
He might have been quite the nuisance, but he's just a a kid, and an orphan at such a young age.
Moreover, almost sacrificed.
But, at the very least, he's safe now.
The cat takes the chance, now that the dragon is sleeping, to get some rest too. Some actual rest this time.
He hopes the dragon doesn't wake up in the middle of the night crying about something, though. He's already had a really long day/night as it is.
 

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
The cat hears the dragon talking in his sleep and feels bad for him.
He might have been quite the nuisance, but he's just a a kid, and an orphan at such a young age.
Moreover, almost sacrificed.
But, at the very least, he's safe now.
The cat takes the chance, now that the dragon is sleeping, to get some rest too. Some actual rest this time.
He hopes the dragon doesn't wake up in the middle of the night crying about something, though. He's already had a really long day/night as it is.
*I muttered and my legs twitched in my sleep* “daddy.” *I said nuzzling my pillow cutely* “I miss you”
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Actually a dog
There is a look of concern on the elephant's face as he hears the details of the situation. There is still a lot more that remains unknown about the true nature of these monstrosities, and if that's the case, Morag was lucky that Eviscerena managed to snap her out of the spell.
There was no end to the horror, madness and chaos that they have endured through the days on the sea, and it's no safer on land.
He looks over.

Jin : You're OK now though, right ? Not... corrupted or anything, right ?

Clearly, he doesn't want to have to kill an afflicted and turned ally.
Morag smiles, clearly finding his comment a bit amusing, and gestures dismissively.
"Don't worry about me. Something that would corrupt another can only make me ill, as I've already taken precautions to shield my soul."
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
Morag smiles, clearly finding his comment a bit amusing, and gestures dismissively.
"Don't worry about me. Something that would corrupt another can only make me ill, as I've already taken precautions to shield my soul."
Jin : Far as I've seen, it seems less about your soul and more about your body... we're not dealing with ghosts or demons to go for your soul, we're dealing with freaks of nature wanting your body.

And he would know. Everyone would know.
Up until their time on the sea together, the on-land survivors had had their share of fighting their way through monstrosities that were far different from what necromancers could conjure, and the sailors could probably say the same.
The sailors become more alert, a few clicks sounding though the group as weapons are cocked. Thelenaeus shifts his shovel from his left hand to his mechanical right, anticipating another fight.
There's no movement in the area. It seems that the web is simply what's left of the creature inhabiting it and the victims trapped in it.
There seems to be something hidden behind the web, and inside the tree trunks... could be something of value, but could be something far the opposite...
 
Last edited:

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
*I muttered and my legs twitched in my sleep* “daddy.” *I said nuzzling my pillow cutely* “I miss you”
*My foot starts to ich* “my foot is ichy” *I complained trying to ich my foot* “why is my foot so ichy?”
The room is quiet. Everyone is sleeping.
Except the nurse named Mina.
She walks over him, keeping her voice down, in a way to tell him to also keep quiet too.

Mina : What's the matter ?
 

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
The room is quiet. Everyone is sleeping.
Except the nurse named Mina.
She walks over him, keeping her voice down, in a way to tell him to also keep quiet too.

Mina : What's the matter ?
“My foot itches I don’t know why.” *I said not liking the itching sensation on the foot where the shard was and it was an burning itch* “make the itch stop.”
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Actually a dog
Jin : Far as I've seen, it seems less about your soul and more about your body... we're not dealing with ghosts or demons to go for your soul, we're dealing with freaks of nature wanting your body.

And he would know. Everyone would know.
Up until their time on the sea together, the on-land survivors had had their share of fighting their way through monstrosities that were far different from what necromancers could conjure, and the sailors could probably say the same.

There's no movement in the area. It seems that the web is simply what's left of the creature inhabiting it and the victims trapped in it.
There seems to be something hidden behind the web, and inside the tree trunks... could be something of value, but could be something far the opposite...
She shrugs. Morag certainly seems to be dismissive of other's concerns.
"I'll keep on my toes then, until I learn more about it. Not particularly worried about that side of things though. The nature of the corruption is what I intend to investigate."
She smacks her fist down into her other hand's upturned palm, and her tail swishes

The sailors note something possibly of value back in the web, and Thel points it out to Jason. The sailors have had enough experience with cursed treasure to not be tempted to investigate it, but Thel asks Jason if they should check it out anyways.

"Might be something good, anyhow. Weh can have Seer check it first, he's got a good eye for curses."
 
Last edited:

The_Happiest_Husky

Actually a dog
(I miss lith, more fun when it's not one on one like rn)
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Actually a dog
(I'm not ignoring that you're here dw, just that you're in a different scenario that me. Will be nice whenever we link up, I look forward to that!)
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
She shrugs. Morag certainly seems to be dismissive of other's concerns.
"I'll keep on my toes then, until I learn more about it. Not particularly worried about that side of things though. The nature of the corruption is what I intend to investigate."
She smacks her fist down into her other hand's upturned palm, and her tail swishes
Jin : Careful with that ego, pal. Last thing I want is us killing each other cuz one of us is infected.

The sailors note something possibly of value back in the web, and Thel points it out to Jason. The sailors have had enough experience with cursed treasure to not be tempted to investigate it, but Thel asks Jason if they should check it out anyways.
"Might be something good, anyhow. Weh can have Seer check it first, he's got a good eye for curses."
The minotaur cocks his shotgun and ignites the barrel with fire, then takes aim at the spider web.

Jason : My advice... burn this thing down. If there're spider hatchlings or eggs in here, they burn to hell too. If not for the treasure, at least we deal with a potential threat. What's your call, folks ?

“My foot itches I don’t know why.” *I said not liking the itching sensation on the foot where the shard was and it was an burning itch* “make the itch stop.”
The nurse looks over the dragon's feet.
The injuries don't seem too severe, there's no infection yet... but it indeed doesn't look so good.
She leaves the room, and later comes back with a pack of ice.

Mina : Hold still.

She then places his foot on the ice, to see if the cold helps to ease the itch.
 

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
Jin : Careful with that ego, pal. Last thing I want is us killing each other cuz one of us is infected.


The minotaur cocks his shotgun and ignites the barrel with fire, then takes aim at the spider web.

Jason : My advice... burn this thing down. If there're spider hatchlings or eggs in here, they burn to hell too. If not for the treasure, at least we deal with a potential threat. What's your call, folks ?


The nurse looks over the dragon's feet.
The injuries don't seem too severe, there's no infection yet... but it indeed doesn't look so good.
She leaves the room, and later comes back with a pack of ice.

Mina : Hold still.

She then places his foot on the ice, to see if the cold helps to ease the itch.
*I winced from the sudden cold* “Whoo that’s cold!” *I said trying to pull away out of instinct*
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Actually a dog
Jin : Careful with that ego, pal. Last thing I want is us killing each other cuz one of us is infected.
Morag smirks
"
You guys just take care of yourselves. I won't be a liability to your little party"

The minotaur cocks his shotgun and ignites the barrel with fire, then takes aim at the spider web.

Jason : My advice... burn this thing down. If there're spider hatchlings or eggs in here, they burn to hell too. If not for the treasure, at least we deal with a potential threat. What's your call, folks ?
"Aye, that be good," Thelenaeus responds. "I still recommend Seer take a look before any of yeh touch it, if it do be some treasure."


(I'm changing Thel's accent to a more stereotypical pirate for now, I really didn't like the accent I was using for him)
 
Last edited:

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
*I winced from the sudden cold* “Whoo that’s cold!” *I said trying to pull away out of instinct*
The nurse gently holds the dragon's foot, and presses the pack of ice a bit more firm.

Mina : It'll be alright, just a bit more ! Almost there !

She says so while petting his tail to calm him down.
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
"Aye, that be good," Thelenaeus responds. "I still recommend Seer take a look before any of yeh touch it, if it do be some treasure."
Jason nods, then pulls the trigger and sets the entire spider web ablaze.
Following that are the sounds of something sizzling and popping inside, mixed with shrieking noises... disgusting, to say the least.
But it also means there are something living beneath the web and inside the trees. And the fire makes short work of them, much to everyone's relief.
As the tree trunks burn away, there are treasures revealed inside them... but also more than just that.
Bones. Specifically, skulls.
Presumably of the victims.
Jin looks away. Not out of disgust, but distress.
 

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
The nurse gently holds the dragon's foot, and presses the pack of ice a bit more firm.

Mina : It'll be alright, just a bit more ! Almost there !

She says so while petting his tail to calm him down.
“Cold cold cold.” *I whimpered trying to stay calm* “my body is sensitive to extreme temperatures just letting you know”
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Actually a dog
Jason nods, then pulls the trigger and sets the entire spider web ablaze.
Following that are the sounds of something sizzling and popping inside, mixed with shrieking noises... disgusting, to say the least.
But it also means there are something living beneath the web and inside the trees. And the fire makes short work of them, much to everyone's relief.
As the tree trunks burn away, there are treasures revealed inside them... but also more than just that.
Bones. Specifically, skulls.
Presumably of the victims.
Jin looks away. Not out of disgust, but distress.
The sailors don't seem bothered at all by the sounds, or the remains. About half the sailors take watch positions to keep an eye out for any creatures that might have been attracted by the fire. Before anyone approaches the treasures, the crewman called Seer steps forward to investigate. A whippet, he looks like he could be the brother of Quartermaster Shyto. He wasn't seen much on the trip over, as he was always up in the crows nest or climbing about the rigging. He wears an eyepatch over one eye, and carries a lever action carbine in one hand, stock tucked in his armpit. In the dim light, the iris of his one visible eye glows blue, the light shimmering like sunlight filtering through water onto a reef. He gazes over the treasure for a minute, searching for curses or enchantments.

Quote of the mention of Shyto from the beginning of the RP
...and Quartermaster Shyto, a grey whippet with a peg leg and a jerkiness to his movement caused by a survived bite from a venomous sea monster.
 
Last edited:

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
The sailors don't seem bothered at all by the sounds, or the remains. About half the sailors take watch positions to keep an eye out for any creatures that might have been attracted by the fire. Before anyone approaches the treasures, the crewman called Seer steps forward to investigate. A whippet, he looks like he could be the brother of Quartermaster Shyto. He wasn't seen much on the trip over, as he was always up in the crows nest or climbing about the rigging. He wears an eyepatch over one eye, and carries a lever action carbine in one hand, stock tucked in his armpit. In the dim light, the iris of his one visible eye glows blue, the light shimmering like sunlight filtering through water onto a reef. He gazes over the treasure for a minute, searching for curses or enchantments.

Quote of the mention of Shyto from the beginning of the RP
As far as he may be concerned, there is no curse or enchantment to be found in the treasures.
Only dusts and ashes.
Though the skulls in particular, and the bones in general, seem to have been... deformed. Twisted. Reshaped. Not recognizable to be of any known species anymore.

“Cold cold cold.” *I whimpered trying to stay calm* “my body is sensitive to extreme temperatures just letting you know”
*My body shivers reflexively from the cold* “cold cold cold!” *I couldn’t move my foot*
Mina : But the cold helps with the itch ! Just... keep it a bit more, you're doing great !

She tries to encourage him while keeping the ice pack at his foot.
 
Top