• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Last of Us Among the Cosmos : Reclaim

The_Happiest_Husky

Dealer of Black Market Headpats
As far as he may be concerned, there is no curse or enchantment to be found in the treasures.
Only dusts and ashes.
Though the skulls in particular, and the bones in general, seem to have been... deformed. Twisted. Reshaped. Not recognizable to be of any known species anymore.
The whippet turns back to the party, and gives a small shake of the head.
"Nothing that I can see. It's probably safe."
Seer steps to the side, not interested in looking through the treasure.

Thelenaeus faces Jason and gestures to the treasure and bones.

"Now then, how shall we distribute the spoils, kip?"
A few of the sailors not on guard step around them, looking hungrily at the treasure. Morag also steps up, though her gaze rests on the twisted bones.
 

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
As far as he may be concerned, there is no curse or enchantment to be found in the treasures.
Only dusts and ashes.
Though the skulls in particular, and the bones in general, seem to have been... deformed. Twisted. Reshaped. Not recognizable to be of any known species anymore.



Mina : But the cold helps with the itch ! Just... keep it a bit more, you're doing great !

She tries to encourage him while keeping the ice pack at his foot.
*I looked at her trying not to scream* “that’s cold I’ve never felt anything so cold before” *I said my body shivering*
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
(Sorry for doing this so slow ; I've been way too invested and caught up in another vietnamese RP, heh)
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
(I'll try to get this back on the line, but pls be advised that Lith may not be very active ; I'll just simply keep him as traveling with us at a safe spot so he's not injured whenever he comes back)
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
The whippet turns back to the party, and gives a small shake of the head.
"Nothing that I can see. It's probably safe."
Seer steps to the side, not interested in looking through the treasure.

Thelenaeus faces Jason and gestures to the treasure and bones.

"Now then, how shall we distribute the spoils, kip?"
A few of the sailors not on guard step around them, looking hungrily at the treasure. Morag also steps up, though her gaze rests on the twisted bones.
Treasure and wealth, to be shared among them... or for them to plan of betrayal ?
The glimpse of gold may yet soon be stained in blood, in place of trust.
Not an easy matter to sort out, when they all need this for different reasons. One can only hope none of those reasonn is of ill intent. But with the greedy and hungry look that the sailors have, gazing at the lost treasures... mutiny is not off the table.
Thel would know best who to keep an eye out on... but Jin knows best who to keep the treasure they come across.

Jin : Leave it to my daughter.

The beast has the expression that looks to be the equivalent of raising her eyebrow.

Galaxy : Why me, dad ?

Jin : 'Cuz you don't need it like we do, sweetheart.

She looks at him in the eyes, as if looking for answers, then nods, seemingly understanding what he means now. Then she looks back at the crew.

Galaxy : May I ?
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
*I looked at her trying not to scream* “that’s cold I’ve never felt anything so cold before” *I said my body shivering*
Mina : But your foot isn't itchy, right ? So just hold still, almost got it !

She says so while rubbing the pack of ice against his foot in an attempt to "scratch" it too, to help with the itch.
Meanwhile the cat is still fast asleep. He's curled up on his bed, hugging his own tail. His small purring noise is just as adorable.
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Dealer of Black Market Headpats
Treasure and wealth, to be shared among them... or for them to plan of betrayal ?
The glimpse of gold may yet soon be stained in blood, in place of trust.
Not an easy matter to sort out, when they all need this for different reasons. One can only hope none of those reasonn is of ill intent. But with the greedy and hungry look that the sailors have, gazing at the lost treasures... mutiny is not off the table.
Thel would know best who to keep an eye out on... but Jin knows best who to keep the treasure they come across.

Jin : Leave it to my daughter.

The beast has the expression that looks to be the equivalent of raising her eyebrow.

Galaxy : Why me, dad ?

Jin : 'Cuz you don't need it like we do, sweetheart.

She looks at him in the eyes, as if looking for answers, then nods, seemingly understanding what he means now. Then she looks back at the crew.

Galaxy : May I ?
*Thel raises a hand in a gesture of pause*
"Not much money to be made, in our line of work. Perhaps ye could hold onto it until such time as it could be sold, and the profits distributed evenly?"
 

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
Mina : But your foot isn't itchy, right ? So just hold still, almost got it !

She says so while rubbing the pack of ice against his foot in an attempt to "scratch" it too, to help with the itch.
Meanwhile the cat is still fast asleep. He's curled up on his bed, hugging his own tail. His small purring noise is just as adorable.
“No but it’s very cold” *I said trying not to shiver* “my foot is very sensitive”
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
*Thel raises a hand in a gesture of pause*
"Not much money to be made, in our line of work. Perhaps ye could hold onto it until such time as it could be sold, and the profits distributed evenly?"
Galaxy : Yeah, I can do that. No issue.

She does sound uninterested in keeping the treasure. She takes out a bag and walks over to the tree, but still looks back at them.

Galaxy : May I ?

“No but it’s very cold” *I said trying not to shiver* “my foot is very sensitive”
The nurse then takes the ice pack away from the dragon's foot, and chuckles.

Mina : You may be just 3 years old but your body is almost like 23 already, heh.

Then she rubs his forehead.

Mina : OK, now get some rest, big boy. It's really late.
 

Universe

Most powerful dragon human hybrid in the universe
Galaxy : Yeah, I can do that. No issue.

She does sound uninterested in keeping the treasure. She takes out a bag and walks over to the tree, but still looks back at them.

Galaxy : May I ?


The nurse then takes the ice pack away from the dragon's foot, and chuckles.

Mina : You may be just 3 years old but your body is almost like 23 already, heh.

Then she rubs his forehead.

Mina : OK, now get some rest, big boy. It's really late.
*I fell asleep again but I needed a plushie to hug* “I need a plush” *I said in my sleep*
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Dealer of Black Market Headpats
Galaxy : Yeah, I can do that. No issue.

She does sound uninterested in keeping the treasure. She takes out a bag and walks over to the tree, but still looks back at them.

Galaxy : May I ?
"Aye, go ahead." Thel waves back the crewmen, and all move away to make room

Morag crouches, picking up one of the skulls. She studies it, turning it in her hands
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
"Aye, go ahead." Thel waves back the crewmen, and all move away to make room

Morag crouches, picking up one of the skulls. She studies it, turning it in her hands
The beast starts to put the treasure in the bag. Doesn't even look like she bothers to count the total value. Then she hangs the bag on the belt on her waist to make sure it's tied tight.

As for the skull, it seems to have been a humanoid skull, but the lower jaw has been twisted and deformed to a side in an impossible way, as if it was sculped like that at some point. The back of the skull has some shallow holes as if punctured with something, but not all the way through into the brain cavity.
No corrupted energy lingering in the bones or skulls, but it's clearly not a good sign in this forest.
Never was, never been, never will.

Jason : Come on, we should keep moving. I think we're almost there.
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Dealer of Black Market Headpats
The beast starts to put the treasure in the bag. Doesn't even look like she bothers to count the total value. Then she hangs the bag on the belt on her waist to make sure it's tied tight.

As for the skull, it seems to have been a humanoid skull, but the lower jaw has been twisted and deformed to a side in an impossible way, as if it was sculped like that at some point. The back of the skull has some shallow holes as if punctured with something, but not all the way through into the brain cavity.
No corrupted energy lingering in the bones or skulls, but it's clearly not a good sign in this forest.
Never was, never been, never will.

Jason : Come on, we should keep moving. I think we're almost there.
The sailors line up again, and resume the trek
Morag falls in beside Jin, still holding the skull. She offers it to him

"I don't know what to make of this" She looks concerned. "At first glance, I thought it was a magic I'm familiar with. Bonesmithing. But it's too smooth, too natural. Bonesmithing leaves marks, twisting and seams caused by its corruption."
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Dealer of Black Market Headpats
( @PC Master Race do you think you could manage posting at least once daily? I really don't want this to die)
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
The sailors line up again, and resume the trek
Morag falls in beside Jin, still holding the skull. She offers it to him

"I don't know what to make of this" She looks concerned. "At first glance, I thought it was a magic I'm familiar with. Bonesmithing. But it's too smooth, too natural. Bonesmithing leaves marks, twisting and seams caused by its corruption."
Jin looks at the skull, his expression telling a sense of recognizing something... really bad. He doesn't hold the skull, but he moves his finger at invisible "lines" where the skull was shifted.

Jin : I know two types of magic that can do this. Bone-smithing, a type of necromancy, is one... but this doesn't feel like necromancy. Looks more caused by star stones.

He proceeds to explain.
"Star stone" is what he calls for a type of white, stone-like material with water-like patterns similar to Damascus steel, often in stalagmite/stalactite formations. It's always charged with three cosmic elemental lights : fire (sunlight, plasma, lava and magma), frost (moonlight and stellar wind), and lightning (starlight, aurora waves and nebula clouds). This type of stone can be used to control skeletons and bones in the body.

Jin : I hope I'm wrong, though. I hope this is just bone-smithing or something freaky that the cultists use.
 
Last edited:

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
They continue pressing on, until they see lights up ahead in a distance, moving around in the bushes. But, along with the sight, is the faint buzzing noises... like from mosquitos.
And the faint smell of blood.

Jason : ... More bugs... this is starting to get annoying.
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Dealer of Black Market Headpats
Jin looks at the skull, his expression telling a sense of recognizing something... really bad. He doesn't hold the skull, but he moves his finger at invisible "lines" where the skull was shifted.

Jin : I know two types of magic that can do this. Bone-smithing, a type of necromancy, is one... but this doesn't feel like necromancy. Looks more caused by star stones.

He proceeds to explain.
"Star stone" is what he calls for a type of white, stone-like material with water-like patterns similar to Damascus steel, often in stalagmite/stalactite formations. It's always charged with three cosmic elemental lights : fire (sunlight, plasma, lava and magma), frost (moonlight and stellar wind), and lightning (starlight, aurora waves and nebula clouds). This type of stone can be used to control skeletons and bones in the body.

Jin : I hope I'm wrong, though. I hope this is just bone-smithing or something freaky that the cultists use.
"Interesting..." Morag frowns to herself and hooks the skull on her belt

They continue pressing on, until they see lights up ahead in a distance, moving around in the bushes. But, along with the sight, is the faint buzzing noises... like from mosquitos.
And the faint smell of blood.

Jason : ... More bugs... this is starting to get annoying.
The sailors sniff the air, noting the smell of blood. Yev chuckles, moving his hand and flame around to burn more bugs.
 
Last edited:

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
"Interesting..." *Morag frowns to herself and hooks the skull on her belt*


*The sailors sniff the air, noting the smell of blood. Yev chuckles, moving his hand and flame around to burn more bugs.*
They would assume this to be just another nuisance with some bugs attracted to the light... and if worse, maybe some mosquitos that are feasting on the corpses of the unfortunate victims.
Until the main-path team notices something gestating in the shadow.
If they lift up their light, they could see them to be...
Cocoons and hives of the insects.
Shifting and bulging organisms hide behind translucent walls. Sources of the accursed vermins plaguing the forest.
That sickening, maddening buzz noise is worse up this close.
But worst of all is in front of them.
Massive mutated insects that look like a cross of firefly and mosquito.
This situation calls for something to burn them to hell... and even the sailors would know too.

Jason : There's gonna be at least a whole swarm of them as soon as we open fire... I have a bad idea, because it involves using your rum. Sorry, mates.
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Dealer of Black Market Headpats
They would assume this to be just another nuisance with some bugs attracted to the light... and if worse, maybe some mosquitos that are feasting on the corpses of the unfortunate victims.
Until the main-path team notices something gestating in the shadow.
If they lift up their light, they could see them to be...
Cocoons and hives of the insects.
Shifting and bulging organisms hide behind translucent walls. Sources of the accursed vermins plaguing the forest.
That sickening, maddening buzz noise is worse up this close.
But worst of all is in front of them.
Massive mutated insects that look like a cross of firefly and mosquito.
This situation calls for something to burn them to hell... and even the sailors would know too.

Jason : There's gonna be at least a whole swarm of them as soon as we open fire... I have a bad idea, because it involves using your rum. Sorry, mates.
The sailors grumble, but break out their flasks of alcohol. Yev, after contributing a large canteen of schnapps, racks his shotgun empty and begins thumbing in shells marked with a red band
"Shhh," Yev puts a finger to his lips, over a giant smile. "Dragon's breass. I schould not have zese on zee schip."

Morag pulls out her banjo, and holds it ready to play.
"
I can cover you with extra fire magic, I'll just need a few seconds of playing to charge it."
 

PC Master Race

Well-Known Member
The sailors grumble, but break out their flasks of alcohol. Yev, after contributing a large canteen of schnapps, racks his shotgun empty and begins thumbing in shells marked with a red band
"Shhh," Yev puts a finger to his lips, over a giant smile. "Dragon's breass. I schould not have zese on zee schip."

Morag pulls out her banjo, and holds it ready to play.
"
I can cover you with extra fire magic, I'll just need a few seconds of playing to charge it."
Jason could tell the sailors are pretty reluctant with the idea, but at least willing enough to go with it without further convincing.

Jason : OK, the idea is, Evis will scout ahead and spread the rum all over them from above, without alerting them. Then, we open fire at all possible directions to light them up at the same time, to minimize the risk of them swarming at us.

Jin gives them a small vial of his venom to mix in with the alcohol.

Jin : Add this in, they'll be liquified like acid melt-down.
 

The_Happiest_Husky

Dealer of Black Market Headpats
Jason could tell the sailors are pretty reluctant with the idea, but at least willing enough to go with it without further convincing.

Jason : OK, the idea is, Evis will scout ahead and spread the rum all over them from above, without alerting them. Then, we open fire at all possible directions to light them up at the same time, to minimize the risk of them swarming at us.

Jin gives them a small vial of his venom to mix in with the alcohol.

Jin : Add this in, they'll be liquified like acid melt-down.
At Jin's direction, the sailors mix the poison in with the alcohol, and distribute it into the largest containers
 
Top