• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The most "Incognito Furry" thing you own?

Jackpot Raccuki

Although half canine, is not a wolf.
Does the fact I have a (Like near) 2ft plushie of my fursona, but rolled a nat 20 on the deception check count?

Otherwise, the varies of animal themed plushies (I.E: Rigby(RS), Modicai(RS), Jake(AT) and Freddy(FNaF) and possibly the Legosi mousepad.

Raever

Chaotic Neutral Wreckage
Does the fact I have a (Like near) 2ft plushie of my fursona, but rolled a nat 20 on the deception check count?

Honestly you might be able to pass it off as just a cool plushie. Assuming they didn't ask what it was from.

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen
i have a "Je ne suis Charlie" shirt and literally nobody outside the obscure fandom i'm in knows where that's from.

No it's not about Batan.

quoting_mungo

I feel like this thread ultimately comes down to where you draw the line for what is furry - which isn't in itself bad, mind. It's more... "what's the least obvious thing you own that can be said to be furry-related" inherently flirts with the line between furry-related and not. So maybe that's as much what this discussion is about.

Offhand, one of the less obvious things I own that I got specifically for its connection to anthropomorphism is Anne McCaffrey's (and co-authors') Acorna series of SF novels. For stealth merch coming from within fandom, probably some T-shirt or pin or something. Kaenith's Pride Dragons are pretty high up there (I have the genderqueer, bi, polyamory, and "umbrella" dragon shirts - I'm super sad they're no longer available as a couple of them are starting to get a bit peely in the print). Amusingly, they're apparently somehow also stealth queer. IDEK.

Filter

uwu
I feel like this thread ultimately comes down to where you draw the line for what is furry - which isn't in itself bad, mind. It's more... "what's the least obvious thing you own that can be said to be furry-related" inherently flirts with the line between furry-related and not. So maybe that's as much what this discussion is about.

Offhand, one of the less obvious things I own that I got specifically for its connection to anthropomorphism is Anne McCaffrey's (and co-authors') Acorna series of SF novels. For stealth merch coming from within fandom, probably some T-shirt or pin or something. Kaenith's Pride Dragons are pretty high up there (I have the genderqueer, bi, polyamory, and "umbrella" dragon shirts - I'm super sad they're no longer available as a couple of them are starting to get a bit peely in the print). Amusingly, they're apparently somehow also stealth queer. IDEK.
That's pretty much how I interpreted the thread. The feathered mask technically isn't furry merch, as it doesn't come from within the fandom, but if a furry saw it they might wonder if I am one. As for something that was made by furries for furries, the most incognito thing I have is probably A Whisper of Wings, a novel by P. Kidd. I keep it on a bookshelf with my other science fiction and fantasy books. In the ~20 years it's been in my possession, nobody has commented or called me out as a furry because of it.

Last edited:

mightybeeb

funky munky
hmm... does the tail from my Cats musical cosplay count?

Cats is funny because it's one of those things that's like, SO close to being furry material but also isn't?

Orange Olive

The most "Incognito Furry" thing you own?​

this outfit.
Olivia-3.png

Kingman

Inquisitor of the Radical Ordo
I own my fursona in hero forge D&D mini form.

Chomby

Chimichangas Chimichangas Chimichangas Chimichanga
Realistic cat plushies
I'd love to have some. I'd like to see what yours look like!

Anyway, let's see...

Incognito... Furry...

Uhh... Well I have realistic animal prints and mugs...

Cheap ears and a tail in my closet...

A laminated badge of my former fursona...

And both my lockscreen and wallpaper are very much furry.

Meh. lol

Ampelos

a wee queer deer
I switch out inconspicuous furry pins I wear at work where hundreds of people see me each shift lol. I also love to wear casual furry shirts (like my favorite is just a stylistic anthro wolf with a lighter).

zenmaldita

always hungry
hmm...hard to say...
I produce furry merch to sell in cons and I blatantly advertise my furry comms on my facebook and twitter (that my family and non-art/normie friends can see) and they just think I'm drawing children's cartoons hahaha

Incognito by being out in the open I guess

Eremurus

live long, and prosper
I have my fursona as my phone wallpaper. That is still the most incognito furry thing I own, I suppose.

I wish I had a plushie of my fursona! I would pay good money for that. And I'm not even a huge fan of plushies.