• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Most Infamous Furs Ever Met?

Catolo

The local coffee addict
I know there are some couple of bad eggs in every community. What my mind is wondering is has there ever been any fur who was practically banned for doing horrible things? This can also include any personal experiences. Anonymity please.

Note:I know it looks like I like gossip, I've just never met a toxic fur before and wondering what it's like.

TheArchiver

Ace Documenter
I know of several that fit this. One of which was actually banned from this forum in particular but is now active under a new alias currently.
The forums actually used to have a bit of a ghost problem with another individual who had well over 200+ banned alt accounts over 7 or so years.

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I mean I have met some that banning doesn’t stop them. They just make new accounts and continue to stir trouble amd then post around on different sitrs about how the one they’re single handedly trying to destroy is going to hell.
Kinda hard to believe many of those threads any more because of them...(hopefully that’s vague enough)

Boured

A Caring Dusk Lycanroc
I've met quite a few, some even damaging me even if it's emotionally. Though I do know some furries that could be considered infamous due to their past actions, but now are actually good people. I won't give any names, but all you'll know is I've met people like that.

D

Deleted member 82554

There are a few, but thankfully they're only a small minority of the fandom and mostly active online. I wouldn't buy into to much of what some have to say about the fandom and its negative aspects, there's a lot of misinformation and furries are known for spreading rumors.

The forums actually used to have a bit of a ghost problem with another individual who had well over 200+ banned alt accounts over 7 or so years.
Sounds like "Eversleep".

Last edited by a moderator:

Inkblooded

Him...
Banned
Zaush, also Lapfox AKA Renard Queenston.
Also i know there have been multiple incidents of pedophile /"MAP" furries being banned from cons. I also think Bad Dragon got banned from Anthrocon because its supposed to be a family friendly event.

Catolo

The local coffee addict
Honestly, I don't think this kind of thread would fit for FAF, considering it's basically about shittalking other users (which is against guidelines)

If I ever get approached by an admin or majority rules against the contents of this posting I'll gladly put it down. It is not my intention to start creating more drama and divide among the FAF community.

Balskarr

The Lurking Hooman
If I ever get approached by an admin or majority rules against the contents of this posting I'll gladly put it down. It is not my intention to start creating more drama and divide among the FAF community.
Yes actually. IF you ever get approached by admin. The only one we have barely even exists here. And IF they actually come along to give me a slap on the wrist or worse for this post then I have yet another example reinforcing where their priorities lie.

On topic: I'm not aware of any infamous furs myself. I'm not that involved with the fandom afterall. I'm all for knowing who I should be keeping an eye out for though.

A

aloveablebunny

I know there are some couple of bad eggs in every community. What my mind is wondering is has there ever been any fur who was practically banned for doing horrible things? This can also include any personal experiences. Anonymity please.

Note:I know it looks like I like gossip, I've just never met a toxic fur before and wondering what it's like.
Unfortunately they are likely right under your nose, but you may not realize it yet due to the charm and air of innocence they exude.

Toxicity is prevalent in online communities due to the implied notion of anonymity. The Furry fandom is just one of many with its own group of toxic users. I only know of one who is permabanned from these forums due to the disturbing behavior they put forth. I did not deal with them personally, but I saw secondhand how much damage they managed to do.

Sociopaths and psychopaths walk amongst us, hidden in plain sight. Always be wary, especially online when people can easily wear a mask to hide who they really are.

L

lupi900

The only one i ever seen that had that status was a user at sofurry. That had a red dragon sona, were half of his forum posts were really antagonistic, his journal's were nothing but him going everyone but me is the issue. Then there the clown that own's/run's /r/Yiff at Reddit.

Pipistrele

Smart batto!
When do we make an distinction between calling out someone vs shit talking.

This is a loophole that can be exploited by mods to ban people
Welp, one of the reasons for mods to exist is to solve problems with said problematic users in a quick, clean manner that doesn't disrupt the conversation. Trying to openly spread negativity about users (whether deserved or not) pretty much goes into territory of shittalking, and is kind of valid reason to ban people (since it can lead to a pointless shitstorm at best and manipulative slander at worst).

Not to mention that just as the rule above can be an excuse exploited to ban random people, this whole thread can be an excuse exploited to talk shit about random people.

Last edited:

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
I've met a few infamous trolls, creeps, and bullies in person, and the most striking thing to me is how often these people are cowards or milquetoasts in person.

The second-most-striking thing is how some people will continue to show up to events where they're very clearly not welcome, and will float around the periphery as people work very hard to avoid or ignore them.