• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The "My first drawing of a Furry" - Thread

Thrashy

The Drunk Skunk. Metal and Beer. FckNzs.
Hi there :)

I've recently been bored, and I found this video, on how to start drawing Furries:

Now I see a lot of people, who say stuff like: "I can't draw. Impossible!"
Well, I was one of them :p
But as boredom and curiosity both grew harmoniously, I thought, why not give it a try?
So I simply started to follow the video step by step. All in one, from start to finish, I would say it took me about 8 hours.
I didn't work on it permanently though.

Here's the result:
Export_Final_FAF.png

You may gladly share your opinion on this Fox / Wolf - Thingy ^^
The result of course doesn't make me an artist that can now earn money with his work. If you expect that for your first pictures, then you should probably lower the bar a bit ;)

I've drawn the sketch on paper first, since I do not own a graphics-tablet.
I've then scanned this paper to my computer and edited it with Paint.net.
This Software allows you to use lines, which you can edit and move. This gives you a great possibility of making the outlines of your sketch look round and sharp, even if you only have a mouse, like me. Sadly, you can't edit these lines after you've finished them. So it's a bit of a mix of trying and using CTRL+Z :p

I might try a different software in future because of that and would let you know, if I found one, that fits this task better. Of course, you can use whatever painting software fits you best and post your experiences here.

Now this picture is technically more or less just a copy of what Imaginatively Unimaginative did in his video. So why did I decide to upload it anyways?
Well, I had an idea. I thought, if I am "able" to create that, others that are unsure will be able as well.
Before this, I didn't have any experience in drawing! So I hope, this post can motivate others to try.

So here's the plan:
If you are a beginner artist, or just want to give it a try once, use this thread to post your first artworks! This might motivate others to try something new and hey, we can all profit from that! :)

MCtheBeardie

Queen of Laziness
Now, I have something to add to this thread! My first scaly drawing is a headshot of one of my characters, so why not share it here?

I don’t know if this is formatted correctly, so bear with me...

This is my first work! It’s not the best, but I think it came out well, considering.

Thrashy

Now, I have something to add to this thread! My first scaly drawing is a headshot of one of my characters, so why not share it here?

This is my first work! It’s not the best, but I think it came out well, considering.

This is indeed very good for a first try!

Thrashy

God damn it, yours is better than mines because you actually knew how to draw the snoot.
Thanks for the compliment, I just did as instructed in the video. I think its explained extremely good there :) but I'm happy with the snoot too ^^

If your attached picture is the first you've drawn, then this was an extremely good result!

Furrycatboi2282

It looks like the evolved form of Ekans from Pokémon

Tenné

Purveyor of cookies
Yaaay! Finally sketched something that I don’t hate. Started this today on the way to and from work, plus spent a few hours at home it. It’s still asymmetric af, but I hope the proportions and placement of things isn’t too out of whack.

Plan is to get the sketch up to par and then not fuck up during lining and colouring. Maybe I’ll have something to post on my FA in a few weeks. Exciting stuff! :3

(Comments/criticisms are welcome)

36C86816-F958-4FF3-8326-D4916F651104.jpeg

N

Nyro46

Uhh, I don't think I'd be able to find the first, it goes too far back
But here's an idea of what it looked like, anyway.

(Sorry for the weird ass background, this is like the only coherent image I have on hand atm. Most of my old drawings are on paper and stored in boxes. IDK why when I was a kid I was obsessed with trippy backgrounds lol).
My original "furry" characters were sort of a mix between being anthro and feral. Sometimes I drew them on all fours, other times on two legs.

Thrashy

Yaaay! Finally sketched something that I don’t hate. Started this today on the way to and from work, plus spent a few hours at home it. It’s still asymmetric af, but I hope the proportions and placement of things isn’t too out of whack.

Plan is to get the sketch up to par and then not fuck up during lining and colouring. Maybe I’ll have something to post on my FA in a few weeks. Exciting stuff! :3

(Comments/criticisms are welcome)

View attachment 75624
This looks very nice, I don't think its way too asymmetric ^^

Deathless

ĎÚМβĂŚŚ МĔŤĂĹĤĔĂĎ
I have my first drawing of Deathless, and my first ever fursona Leviathan! I drew these back in like mid 2016 and I love seeing my progression over the years and seeing my improvement, though I wish I got better pictures...
^71D9368787EE18F5AF0CF1B9C8303D16492BCAB3C534282045^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

df.PNG

Here's (some of) my first digital pieces:
^CBA2A969B13DB10AF36E12AC77D1F8784F81FF5F82155EF5E5^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
^7FA78145B63B0F4A507D53AF7FD5CE0FE4B95177F66CA855B1^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg