• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The my life is shit thread

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
Thanks! The HKEY_CURRENT_USER doesn't sound right to me. I would have expected it to be LOCAL_MACHINE where that key already exists.

This was my problem. I wonder if there's a way of specifying the shell like explorer --shell or something.

I forgot about that. And AFAIK there's no switch to start Explorer specifically as the shell. (Lots of Windows programs have switches documented nowhere but pages buried deep in Microsoft.)

Hold on, people can have absolutely shit lives, and can complain... now when concerning starving african children, then, by comparison, your life is not shit.
If you keep yours at shit-level, then theirs must be downgraded to super-mega-double-deluxe-deep-in-the-ground-oh-god-oh-god-why-did-I-eat-the-whole-can-of-tuna-shit.:-D

Please tell me you missed the sarcasm. It's akin to your mother telling you to eat your vegetables because children were starving in Africa.

Benn

I forgot about that. And AFAIK there's no switch to start Explorer specifically as the shell. (Lots of Windows programs have switches documented nowhere but pages buried deep in Microsoft.)

Please tell me you missed the sarcasm. It's akin to your mother telling you to eat your vegetables because children were starving in Africa.

...Yes.
I did indeed miss the sarcasm, if it was intended... shut up...:cool:

In normal conversation, i try not to complain, considering the people who are ridiculously worse off. So, already having this in the back of my mind when I type into this thread, I assume anyone else writing about it is serious... :D guess Im wrong...

Shadowwolf

I had go to work at 7 am this morning, so I set my alarm for 5:30 (it takes about 40 minutes to drive to work). WELLLLL that didn't pan out well.

I slept through my alarm until 6 am. Woke up in a daze, got completely ready in a whopping speed of 10 minutes, rushed to load my car up with boxes (I'm moving slowly this week by packing my car up before I go to work, and unpacking my car when I stop by the new apartment after work).

I go to start my car and - the engine won't turn. After trying about 30 times I run inside the house in a panic, not knowing what to do. I finally decide to take the parents' car (they are away in Ireland btw), a suburban, which is in the garage. I rush to the suburban, start it up, open the garage, and realize... My dead car is parked directly behind the suburban. Screaming and swearing about how I'll be late for work, I try to maneuver the stupid boat-sized suburban out of the garage, smashing into the side of the garage on the way (totally effed up some cabinets there beyond repair). But I have no time to survey the damage, only swear. I manage to escape from the stupid garage and drove to work at like a million MPH.

When I get there, I realize I have no shoes on my feet. I am wearing just socks. Also, I don't have my purse, so I can't buy any shoes. I can't do anything. Not only that but I didn't have time to load up the suburban with all my stuff, so I can't even drop anything off at the apartment...

Later in the evening, my brother drops a box full of all my movie soundtracks (which I collect) and scatters them all over the driveway.

The End (I f*cking hope).

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Let that bitch breathe

I used to give a shit
Now I don't give a shit more
Truth be told
I had more fun when I was piss poor
Now I'm pissed off
Is this what success is all about
A bunch of niggas actin like bitches with big mouths
All that stress all I got is this big house
Couple cars I don't bring half o them shits out
All this 8 spade I drink just to piss out
I mean I like the taste but I coulda save myself 6 hours

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
Oh, a cool thing for this thread.

It's 4:08 am, I'm home alone and every little sound in the house and outside makes my heart and imagination go on overdrive.
I hate being paranoid. Someone, take mercy and kill me now.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
Hey Szopa I was just wondering if you could see me out your window or if I need to hide better

I live on the 8'th floor :V

And that's not what I'm paranoid about.

Thatch

Still not at 10k posts
I have plenty of other things, but whatev. S'not like people read these things anyway. :p

Nah, they read, just few care.

Or just pretend to care to look cool :V

Benn

Pretty much, my confidence in myself and abilities is shot.

Other than that, I wish I actually had money to be able to get my own place and actually go to college again...

And I'm turning 21. Fuck that...

I have plenty of other things, but whatev. S'not like people read these things anyway. :p

*hits you with the Empathy Stick*

Some people genuinely find the problems of complete strangers to be of some importance... :cool:

ChrisPanda

Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far
I'm so tierd no sleep at all last night as the dog kept barking.
so now I feel ill.

urgg

Ibuuyk

Icon made by Littlerock!
Pretty much, my confidence in myself and abilities is shot.

Other than that, I wish I actually had money to be able to get my own place and actually go to college again...

And I'm turning 21. Fuck that...

I do read, and I do care, but just what would I be supposed to say? "That sucks, dude" evrytime someone tells his story? Nah, most of us care, but there's nothin we can do bout past

mammagamma

WOBBLEWOBBLEWOBBLE
I was only going to have to work 6 nights in a row, but our manager got suspended and the new one thought it would be funny to add another 2 on there (it's 40 hours max every week, so I started last thurs, and finishing this friday morn)

which also means, if this isn't rectified (I spoke about it with my assistant manager) that I'll be missing my sister's bday on the 3rd. She's turning 10 :O

Other than that, usual money problems; I owe about 800$ to Rogers because I'm an idiot for not paying my cell bill when I should have and 1000$ on my maxed out credit card

HEY I'M 20, IT'S PART OF THE TERRITORY TO BE AN IRRESPONSIBLE ADULT

Garrus

Samuel L Jackson's Nightmare
I swear that if there is a Karma system it's screwed me over.

I be nice and even gave half the cash I owned (which ain't much) to my bro to get a bicycle and find myself on a slippery slope where I need the cash. (Not begging or anything lol, its just gonna piss me off to take out the cash I need and irritate me to save up again lol.

Maybe Karma will show it isn't screwed up and help me out when I really need it and make me find that all the countermeasures I resorted to were done for nothing in the end lol.

Midna

Karma does suck...
I'm really nice to everyone nice to me...
and yet without no reason I suffer...
I get depressed for no reason...
meds make me sick...