• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The new banner is humorous and entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firr

Lone Skunk
I must say, I find it somewhat funny. I can't find a reason to think of it as a fetish piece. Many cartoons use the "overly fat after eating" cliche, and I don't think that is such a big deal. Besides, it is only up for a day.

~Mew~

Stripes
The more people complain about the banner the more they hurt the fandom.

I personally find nothing wrong with it, if anyone does just block the image, simple as that.

XerxesQados

Now 33% purpler, free!
Only improvement I could suggest is to make them Boomers from Left 4 Dead. That way it would be a fat banner AND a zombie banner.

Иван

I am indifferent to this banner.

New banner = adorable and cuddly. How furries came to be so hateful of huggability is beyond me. And, though I understand not everyone loves fat furs as much as I do, I think it's pathetic that people are so egotistical that they can't hold back their god damn complaints as a personal defense. I approve of the temporary, 1 day banner.

XerxesQados

Now 33% purpler, free!
My only problem with the banner is that I know some fucking furry out there is masturbating to it RIGHT NOW

I had that problem with Obama. It was the only major thing that gave me pause about voting for him.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
New banner = adorable and cuddly. How furries came to be so hateful of huggability is beyond me. And, though I understand not everyone loves fat furs as much as I do, I think it's pathetic that people are so egotistical that they can't hold back their god damn complaints as a personal defense. I approve of the temporary, 1 day banner.
Would you cuddle a half a ton person? I rest my case.

AlexX

Calamity in Heaven
Fat furry = big, soft teddy bear

Or at least that's the impression I've been getting...

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas

Xipoid

Cameras
Really I think the underlying issue could be caused by two different things:

1) The material is indeed inappropriate
2) FA's patrons are easily perturbed

It could very well be both, but what concerns me is that this problem continues to surface. People had problems with the Santa banner, the youthful fender ad, the Bad Dragon (or just adult) ads, the Halloween banner, and now the Thanksgiving banner.

XerxesQados

Now 33% purpler, free!
But you didn't answer my question. Perhaps I am being unclear. Would you hug this?

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l186/JoshShock/worlds-fattest-man.jpg

Photos and photorealism != furry art

That said, no, I would not hug that if I could help it.

People had problems with the Santa banner, the youthful fender ad, the Bad Dragon (or just adult) ads, the Halloween banner, and now the Thanksgiving banner.

Only to be the first to complain on the forums when the site has gone offline. Until a significant amount of people actually stop being addicted to FurAffinity because of one of these frivolous incidents, I don't think the potential causes will stop.

Last edited:

I somehow doubt this guy's ever encountered a real person who's that fat, adorable and cuddly are not words I'd use. Also anyone who can look at a debilitating illness as being desirable in others is an absolutely awful person IMO.

Last edited:

Considering furries are essentially animals and not homosapiens, I probably wouldn't hesitate to cuddle, no... the same way I woulden't hesitate to cuddle a teddy bear (as AlexX pointed out).

My only problem with the banner is that I know some fucking furry out there is masturbating to it RIGHT NOW

you have a valid point... and yet, I saw nobody complaining when we had banners with big-breasted women in bathing suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.