• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The New Intern

Dearg

The often grumpy but friendly fox
(Before we begin, this is my first time doing the whole RP thing,but I'm willing to try it at least once, I wanna try a furry role play based on my characters world, in a mischievous cartoony scenario, and I'm a bit nervous, so here we go) ( Your also allowed too make revisions to this original scenario, kind of like a critique in a way)

freesound.org: Sci-fi Laboratory Ambience by qubodup

Dearg: I'm at my lab, It is 2:00pm and I'm working vigorously on my new experiment. The sound of clanging metal and swirling electrons fill the room. I wipe the sweat off my brow and I say to myself. "Yes! it's finally finished, my reversal experiment is complete!" As I gaze at the hulking tower of metal and glass. I turn over to the interns working near me and I give a suspicious grin. "Welp looks like I need a few volunteers to test out my machine, care to help out?. The interns start to give me feverishly nervous looks.

I walk over to my desk to grab a few waiver forms for them to sign. The interns start to shuffle away quietly while my back is turned. "don't worry it shouldn't be too dangero......aww dammit" " Pfft who needs them" I scoff. "I can do this by myself" As I walked back to my machine very surly. I suddenly hear a knock at my front door..."I'm coming!" I yell. The knocking intensifies as I walk closer to the door. " I said I'm coming" I open the door. "Hello?" There is nobody there. Puzzled but then I"m startled by a voice from behind me (HI!!) 0_0''

Yaruzaru

Feral tendencies, cuddle at your own risk
One of the interns who stays behind eagerly takes one of the forms and begins checking it over curiously while the scientist answers the door. He isn't wearing much other than cargo shorts and as best you can tell looks like some weird cross between a monkey and a lizard but with a set of horns sprouting from his head. He looks like he is genuinely reading the form over and not really paying much attention to the scientist going off to open the door.

Yaruzaru

Seemingly preoccupied with reading the form the creature looks up for a moment hearing the scientists voice. He looks toward the door then back at the scientist.

" Uh, well i stayed while everyone else left i think ". He looks over to where the other interns were.

" . . . well i was busy reading this form, so i don't believe it was me " *scratches head*

Last edited:

Dearg

hmm..never mind, you seam eager enough, once you've finished signing the waiver, come with me.

(breaking Kayfabe: i think I'm going to put this one on hold for tonight, it's kind late where I am =P )

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

One of the other interns, though not as much as the others in terms of knowledge in science, kangaroo in appearance, with white fur and ivory-yellow hair, is leaning his back against the wall as he stares at his cellphone, totally oblivious to what's going on.

Dearg

Dearg walks back up to the intern at the desk, are you finished? good. Now follow me....and you too my friend, as he looks at the other one that is clearly playing flappy bird on his phone.

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

the other one that is clearly playing flappy bird on his phone
(I'm not playing flappy bird ! XD I'm playing "Blood and Glory" !
*cough cough totally not referring to the RP "Blood and Honor" cough cough*)

Yaruzaru

The creature gets up and stretches a bit having finished looking over the form and goes to follow the scientist.

Dearg

Dearg proceeds to lead them deeper into lab. The creature is in a state of awe as we pass by the machines and apparatuses. It almost sounds like music to him. In fact he makes up a tune in his head while walking.

The intern stops humming to look at something for a moment.

Last edited:
J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

- Sooooo what're we doin' now ?

The cellphone-playing intern gets his eyes off the screen long enough to ask the question and look around for a minute before getting back to his device again.

Yaruzaru

The creature looks like a kid in a candy store, looking over at the various pieces of equipment as they move through the lab. It feels like he may dart off when no one is looking seeing the curiosity flood through his eyes but he proceeds to follow, only stopping for a moment when something in particular grabs his attention.

Dearg

Dearg stops to wonder what he is looking at, What is it? He ask. Oh that, that's one of my older experiments. It converts energy into a solid form. Really good as a home made battery maker. The other intern is still nose deep in his phone. Dearg with a very annoyed and grumpy look, walks over to him and swipes his phone away. No phones beyond this point, it messes with the instruments!

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

The cellphone intern looks at Dearg in annoyance :

- Well excuse me !

He picks up the phone and puts it back into his pocket :

- What do ya wanna show us, hm ?

Yaruzaru

The creatures ears perk when he hears the explanation of what he is looking at and speaks while looking very curiously over at it. " Converts energy into something solid? " He repeats what he heard while looking at one of his paws then back at the experiment.

" Would it be ok to ask for a demonstration? " His eyes are filled with eager curiosity and you can see a faint glow of strange energy floating about within the yellow of his eyes.

Dearg

Of course, he turns on the machine, it lets out an electric hum. He then proceeds to type something into the console. the hum starts to rise and rise. The machine cranks out something that looks like a small glowing cube. Here we go, one solid form of energy. Be careful though, sometimes they tend be a bit..(zap!)..unstable. The cube lets off a discharge, raising his fur on all ends. The intern snickers a bit.

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

The cellphone intern looks at the demonstration in awe and immediately turns to "the creature" standing near him :

- Son, can you do that ?... Focus/materialize pure energy into stuffs like that ?

Yaruzaru

The creature chuckles seeing the scientist getting zapped. " . . . Sorry i didn't mean to " After settling down he turns to face the other intern.

- " Well i can do something similar although only with my own energy. Just when i thought there was nothing like me in this world, i apparently have something in common with a machine " He chuckles some more at the thought

Dearg

Dearg shakes his fur back to form. I could have sworn I did it right, oh well. Now then let us proceed with what i originally wanted to test. They walk a bit further until they stop at a lumbering giant of metal and glass. This is my newest experiment. The Reversal machine, haven't thought of a name yet, it can reverse anything, even peoples age, but i haven't tested that ye.... uh....where is the creature? the intern with the phone looks at him and shrugs. He then hears giggling off somewhere in the distance. (the shenanigans start )

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

(You probably don't know, but the cellphone intern, named Jin, and the creature, named Yaru, are father and son, respectively)

Dearg

Yaruzaru

The creature seems to have dialed in random numbers on the machine trying to copy what the scientist did but simply ends up being zapped. He looks slightly pained for a moment but shakes it off with a giggle only to realize the scientist has gone ahead of him, he proceeds to drop to his fours and run slowly to catch up. " S-sorry, i got sidetracked " *He scratches his head while crouched and looks over at the machine they are passing*

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

The cellphone intern looks at the creature with a smile :

- Always a curious fella, eh, son ?

He rubs the fur on the back of the creature's head as he follows.