• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The New Intern

Dearg

The often grumpy but friendly fox
Alright! with that disaster out of the way, lets begin. Dearg enters the code in his console. The door closes, and the machine makes that humming noise again. OK since I'm testing on a living thing I should set it to something as minimum as possible 50 years should do it, give or take. He initiates the process.

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

The cellphone intern seems worried :

- 50 years as minimum ?... Isn't that a bit too long ?...

He gets a bit close to Dearg :

- Please b-be careful, my son is in there, okay ?

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
-are you sure about whacha doing doc?

Yaruzaru

Feral tendencies, cuddle at your own risk
Yaru is silent inside as the machine goes through its process waiting for the door to open, he doesn't feel anything at first but his body begins to light up inside the machine behind the door.

Dearg

Of course I am, I've been doing this for a long time. You have to remember, critters live longer than humans. I've been at this project for a long long time. The machine goes into phase 2, the lights inside the chamber spin rapidly. Everything seems to be going as planned. Phase 3, the machine revs up. The lights start to flicker all around the lab.

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
- god help us all

Said the human in an extremelly sarcastic tone

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

The intern slowly steps back from the machine and looks at it in concern as he gulps nervously. He holds his hands in front of his chest, hoping that nothing would go wrong.

Yaruzaru

Yaru looks at his paw from within the machine as the energy in his body traces quite rapidly off his fur and seems to mingle with the lights inside the chamber until it is a blinding light on the inside of the machine. Yaru closes his eyes at this point.

Dearg

The last cycle is finished, the machine powers down, and the door slowly opens. Dearg and the rest wait in anticipation as the fog clears.

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
-aaaaaaand?

J

Jin-Lust-4-Sin

The kangaroo gets close to the machine, though still quite a distance from it, and looks inside.

- S-son ?... You OK ?

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
As he sees no difference at all he reacts in the following way:
(I'M BACK!)
- why? What was all of this about then? What was the point??..

Yaruzaru

The figure looks at the scientist for a moment after tackling him, but he then rather violently dissipates until only a white sphere of energy, not much bigger than a tennis ball is left in its place. The white sphere of light then starts haphazardly darting about the lab.

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
Reacts the same way
Then he ducks and covers

Dearg

wha....? the ball of light knocks Dearg back into the chamber, the door closes. The machine all of a sudden turns on. Dearg panics. Hey....OPEN UP! He shouts.

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
The human stands up and tries to reach the machine controls. Then he looks at Dearg
- WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO???.

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
(Unfortunately and it feels pretty random at times *flashbacks of reply restrictions* T_T)
( now you know what ben affleck feels
)

Dearg

(i better wrap this story up then) The machine wurrs faster than before. You can hear dearg yelling, He -e -e- e- l-l -l- p M- e -e -e -e ! the light inside intensifies. The machine starts to smoke, the lights start to flicker again. The engine blows ups.

Julen

✮ Banter Squad Member ✮
When the engine blows up Julen jumps on Jin, pinning him down to the ground. Then he wraps his hands around his head
(Yeah)