• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The New Staff Site is online Hurray ^^

PheagleAdler

Nah I went through the mainsite ban because it was deserved. As for the IRC appeal, no I didn't bother getting back into the IRC.
Regardless, it should have expired after the main-site ban expired, no?
Which is why I said "I bet" because I doubt the staff gave too much of a shit about my ban to unban on the IRC.

I've never been to the IRC, don't even really know how to get there, but I'd be willing to bet it's not connected.

Volkodav

Dad****er
I've never been to the IRC, don't even really know how to get there, but I'd be willing to bet it's not connected.

I know it's not connected, it's bullshit. I was told in the ban message that the IRC is part of FA (meaning I joined the IRC and was banned shortly afterwards), and yet the bans don't carry over from the main site to the forums?
My reason for bringing this up is that we already know there's a history of banning willy-nilly, and having anonymity amongst staff members will make it even worse IMO. How are users to be able to tell if they're being treated unfairly by a staff member who is biased towards them, if they can't tell who is who?

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
...I'm still trying to figure out what "Minor Protection Service" does
I mean are you really afraid of telling us what those people jobs actually are?
Is it cause those folks will actually have to do their job cause its out in the open of what they SUPPOSE to do?
Also what happen with all the admins we got for tickets? Are they now all stuck having to share those 3 accounts? or do we only actually have 3 moderators for tickets?

Also what happen with all the admins we got for tickets? Are they now all stuck having to share those 3 accounts? or do we only actually have 3 moderators for tickets?

no. trouble ticket admins aren't as godtier as the rest of those mods/admins. they dont deserve to be on the staff page :p

Accountability

Enthusiastic Downloader
Is it cause those folks will actually have to do their job cause its out in the open of what they SUPPOSE to do?

I still want to know what Fox Amoore, former "Music Admin", now does as "Account Services". Does he even do anything to start with? I wouldn't be surprised if he's allowed to stick around doing nothing because he's the last person who's well known in the fandom and who wants their name involved with this trainwreck.

quoting_mungo

MPS handles reports of minors accessing adult material, mature lock appeals, and reports of adult content featuring minors. Basically things that are violations solely because minors (real or fictional) are involved.

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
MPS handles reports of minors accessing adult material, mature lock appeals, and reports of adult content featuring minors. Basically things that are violations solely because minors (real or fictional) are involved.
SO...
Somehow actually stating that in their staff spot was deem not really important...but instead something that should be in their own profile is?

Last edited:

PheagleAdler

So, the descriptions for each individual are basically introductions, something they might say if you met them for the first time?

Verin Asper

The Smart Idiot
So, the descriptions for each individual are basically introductions, something they might say if you met them for the first time?
yea...you know...stuff that suppose to be on one's profile
like how other sites tend to either leave the information blank with just listing their title which later on those title's are explained

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
"Imbued with a dream and fueled by passion, Leaders are realistic yet unrelenting in their drive to develop and strengthen the community around them. They work in concert with their staff to build the very roads they envision while heeding any criticism along the way from those who travel their paths."
So is that page intentionally awful or was the person who wrote this just high?

PheagleAdler

"Imbued with a dream and fueled by passion, Leaders are realistic yet unrelenting in their drive to develop and strengthen the community around them. They work in concert with their staff to build the very roads they envision while heeding any criticism along the way from those who travel their paths."
So is that page intentionally awful or was the person who wrote this just high?

Just sounds a little high-strung to me, like something someone with extremely high self esteem might say.

zanian

Weyland Yutani Human ressource
When I will need a laugh, I can always look at that page now :p
And the fact that Chase is still there makes it even funnier; keep the humor going, guys :p

felonykat

Wife. Mother. Supervillain.
I think a description of what each title/job means and is supposed to entail is needed instead of likes, dislikes and weird RPG game like introductions... Something like this which Chase proposed several months back ( http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/6311970/ ):

"Staff:
Fur Affinity will be transparent with our System and Community Administrators, Directors, and Owner.

The Owner is Dragoneer. He’s ultimately responsible for the total management of this website.

Directors have a broad range of responsibilities, including overseeing daily operations, reviewing staff performance, training, etc. Currently, I am your Director, and I hope I’m making a good impression!

System Administrators have access to Fur Affinity’s code and database.

Community Administrators supervise Moderators and primarily answer disputes made via the Trouble Ticket system against actions taken by Moderators.

Moderators will operate under anonymous accounts, which is standard business procedure; however, their responsibilities are restricted and communication between them and users will mostly take place via the Trouble Ticket system."

Since things are now in the hands of IMVU and there's been changes, what job has what responsibilities now? Can we have more info please?