• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Origins Of Your Username

Fox_720B

Has left FAF, at least for now
Was just on another thread talking about where my "numbers" come from...and realized we haven't had a username thread in a very long time.

Oh god, not this thread again...

Actually, we have a crapton of new people here since the last. So we might as well.

Not sure if this belongs in here or forum games, however. If it does, feel free to move it.

I suppose Ill go first...

My username is meant to be a combination of my two fursonas...BF the blue fox and Experiment 720 (Sky).

The Boeing 720B was a four-engined, smaller capacity successor to the Boeing 707. It met with limited success with the airlines, and found life as an experimental aircraft for the military and for NASA.

Experiment 720 is "numbered" as such as an homage to this underdog plane...as Sky himself is an underdog...but also an experiment....an alien experiment..which ties into the NASA thing kind of conveniently.

The B at the end though is also a reference to the blue color of both fursonas, the blueberry joke, BF's first name, and because it looked cool in the Boeing font in my signature. XD

What are the origins of yours?

Seekrit

A joyous misspelling of 'Secret'.

When I signed I was an unimaginative little shit and chose 'secretfur' as my username, couldn't think of anything good. Guess the name's grown on me over the years, can't imagine going by anything else now.

Ji-Ji

Post Festive Fox
Mines a nickname I was given because drunks can't pronounce my real name.
And that came from a little cat in Kiki's Delivery Service..

So I stole this name from Miyazaki, and he's not having it back!

Car Fox

Formally "Torsion Beam"
I don't know how many times I've answered this, but I'll do it once more.

My name is a derivative of the term "Torsion Bar", a form of suspension set-up. I came up with the name on my own, and stuck with it because I knew no one else had the name. Besides, It also can denote my relation to the fandom of automobiles.

I have recently considered changing my username to "Car Fox" but haven't decided to go through with it yet.

Ji-Ji

Post Festive Fox
I have recently considered changing my username to "Car Fox" but haven't decided to go through with it yet.
I like both for you.
Have it Car Fox.. and do a Prince and change your title to "Artist formerly known as Torsion Beam."

TeenageAngst

Banned
Banned
Wayyy back in 2003 there was a joke account on gamefaqs called Teen Angst that would make fun of people on RI by relating to their problems and then relating to how much he wanted to cut himself/how much his parents suck/suicide, etc. He didn't last long. A year or so later I needed a new username and pulled out TeenageAngst because it was all I could think about at the time. The name stuck after that.

Falaffel

I already did this in my intro and fursona thread.

I LIEK FALAFELS.
I LIEK WAFFLES.
FALAFFELWAFFLE IS FUN TO SAY.
I SHORTENED IT TO FALAFFEL LAST YEAR.
ORIGINALITY AT IT'S BEST :V

benignBiotic

Banned
Banned
I'm a biologist. And I tend to be pretty benign. Its also a reference to chumhandles in Homestuck.

Grimfang999

Grimfang was the first dragon you fight in the dragonslaying questline in adventure quest, and I added nines until I had that has my username. Also 999 is the emercency services number in England.

Hewge

Banana Party
Banned
Was my World of Warcraft character name since all the way back in 2004. And I just use it for everything ever since.

I am also Hewge.
You know what I'm talking about~

~Imagination~

Attaman

"Welcome to FurAffinity Forums, gentlemen."
I just kinda merged two words I saw together, and a day later when google-searching I realized it's the title of Cossacks. Whoops.

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
It was a name I thought of for a RP character that I never did anything with,
but I really liked it, so I started using it for other things.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I thought Harbinger was bad ass in Mass Effect 2 and hadnt heard the name before.