• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Pokemon Thread

SirRob

Ughh, I'm tired of losing all the time. I'm not even losing to good Pokemon anymore, just bad ones.
I don't know how, but I feel like Garchomp of all things is dragging my team down.

Rilvor

Formal when angry
I've had a share of painful losses, but nothing that I can actually attribute to cheating. When the AI tries to use turn-one Attract or Hypnosis on my Mega Absol and it puts them under instead of me, that's proof negative.

I've seen pokemon with base speeds under 100 outspeed my Mega-Gengar, which is indeed bred for speed so to speak, low accuracy moves reliably land 5 times in a row, and so on. It's RNG abuse in some cases, which is shady enough in my book.

It makes up really absurd movesets to counter yours sometimes. Try using some wacky moves that don't have any competitive use, just silly ones that people rarely use and watch as the Maison suddenly generates teams with that one move to counter it that no player would realistically carry. It's not cheating exactly here, but it's eyeroll inducing.

If you want to battle Rob just keep an eye out for me coming online on the game; I'm so busy this weekend with work chances are I won't be able to play.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I HAVE POKERUS.

Now what.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Also came across a female adamant lvl 1 heracross, is that good?

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Durrr i know, i thought level ones were good for training seeing as they're a blank slate.

Distorted

It also means it's been bred and has a good chance of having some nice IV's. At least from what I've seen. Infect it with Pokerus and finish training and leveling much faster.

Stratelier

Remember that exhibition battle? Politoed. Drizzle. Life Orb. Critical Hit. And it STILL only barely dented Sylveon. That fairy's a tank.

SirRob

I have just seen the best strategy I've ever witnessed on GameFAQs

Slowbro [Oblivious (prevents Taunt)] (Leppa Berry)

Block (Prevents foe from escaping)
Slack Off
Recycle (To regain the Leppa Berry)
Heal Pulse (To keep the opponent from struggling to death)

If your opponent can't beat it (This thing has base 95 HP, 110 Def and 80 Sp.Def), then it's locked forever until the timer runs out.

Last edited:

Distorted

Slowbro (Leppa Berry)

Slack Off

If your opponent can't beat it (This thing has base 95 HP, 110 Def and 80 Sp.Def), then it's locked forever until the timer runs out.

That's so obnoxiously annoying. I fought something similar to that. It was a Sigiligh holding a Flame Orb and kept psycho shifting the BRN status unto my Pokemon. It also had Cosmic Power and Roost and pretty much just watched me burn the whole time. I crit him and almost won, but it didn't ko him and he just healed the damage back. I had no choice but to quit. I dislike those types of move sets. Fair enough for them to use it, but still not very fun to play against.

SirRob

That's so obnoxiously annoying. I fought something similar to that. It was a Sigiligh holding a Flame Orb and kept psycho shifting the BRN status unto my Pokemon. It also had Cosmic Power and Roost and pretty much just watched me burn the whole time. I crit him and almost won, but it didn't ko him and he just healed the damage back. I had no choice but to quit. I dislike those types of move sets. Fair enough for them to use it, but still not very fun to play against.
With the team I'm running right now, I get into a lot of stall fests. It sorta makes me just wanna pack my team with sweepers.
I've fought that Sigilyph before... It's definitely annoying. It had Stored Power too, right?
It must be way more awful with the critical hit nerf, ugh.

Stratelier

That's so obnoxiously annoying. I fought something similar to that. It was a Sigiligh holding a Flame Orb and kept psycho shifting the BRN status unto my Pokemon.
Wow, that is actually an epic use of Psycho Shift. Not to mention Burn cuts your physical attacks by half (including critical hits).

Slowbro [Oblivious (prevents Taunt)] (Leppa Berry)

Slack Off (heals HP)

. . . Wow. Okay, counterstrategy: Toxic. (But who makes sure to bring that move to the table?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jashwa

So I just beat X recently and was wondering what post game stuff is awesome that I should definitely do? I've never really been much for battling with other players, so PVP isn't really my thing.

SirRob

So I just beat X recently and was wondering what post game stuff is awesome that I should definitely do? I've never really been much for battling with other players, so PVP isn't really my thing.
Looker quests in Castel-- Lumiose City. I think you have to do the Maison and battle your rival in Kiloude first, though. You can get there by taking the train in Lumiose Station.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Breeding and hunting for shinies are pretty big.

Finding one of the legendary birds and Mewtwo.

There's also the Battle Maison and Battle Chateau.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
I want to know how many female Trainers I've come across are actually male. And how many people when given the choice to give their Trainers a skin tone chose one significantly darker than their real-life skintone. I know I did the latter and I named him after my fursona.

And I got my first GL Linked Battle victory.

Last edited:

Seekrit

I want to know how many female Trainers I've come across are actually male. And how many people when given the choice to give their Trainers a skin tone chose one significantly darker than their real-life skintone. I know I did the latter and I named him after my fursona.

Darryl come on dont sully pokemon :c