• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Pokemon Thread

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
Name the Arcanine Rick. Now you can rickroar your opponents.

It would be kind of cool if one of the new Pokemon in the next generation has attacks entirely based off of old cartoons and slapstick humor. Like "Anvil Drop" a Steel-Type move which causes an anvil to fall on top of one of the opponents, or "Joy Buzzer Handshake"- an Electric-type move that is pretty self-explanatory.

BearLyons

Pokémon Bank out soon, can't wait to transfer all my Pokémon to XY, I've missed my digital thingies!

A group of friends and myself had an approx. 300 comment long rant on Facebook because some guy was complaining about the annual fee, I personally don't think it's much at all and the fee is reasonable.

SirRob

The only time transferring was really free was from Gen 3 to Gen 4. Other gens required an extra handheld, which is a ridiculous. Sure, you could always borrow a friend's handheld, but then, you can do the same thing this time if they have Pokebank. To top it off, there's a month long free trial, and transferring won't take long.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
The only time transferring was really free was from Gen 3 to Gen 4. Other gens required an extra handheld, which is a ridiculous. Sure, you could always borrow a friend's handheld, but then, you can do the same thing this time if they have Pokebank. To top it off, there's a month long free trial, and transferring won't take long.
To be honest, I think Pokemon Bank is the first time transferring pokemon has been close to limitless. After all, transferring only 6 of them at a time and then having to catch them in the Pal Park is painful.

SirRob

You can get it with the free trial, too.

---

DP36.jpg

omg...

DrDingo

pokemon... bank?
In a nutshell, it's a new cloud storage system for Pokemon on the 3ds. It is also the only way to transfer pokemon from Generation 5 to 6. There's a free 30-day trial being offered, but to keep the account you need to pay $5 a year so Nintendo can keep the servers running.

Stratelier

You know how everyone wants Pokemon with perfect IV's, right? I think I need to do the exact opposite and breed something (Magikarp, Smeargle, what-have-you) with zero IV's. For the lulz.

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Someone was trading a zero IV shiny Magikarp and the thing was getting great offers. XD

Zero is just as rare as a perfect and is probably rare because less are doing it. XD

Stratelier

I hear that if you can get a Pokemon with all six IV's zeroed then the stats judge in Kiloude will first name all six stats as being the strongest, then list all six as being horrible.

I wanna see that at least once.

SirRob

I fought someone online who had a Blaziken with a Weakness Policy, Bulk Up, and Baton Pass. Pass it to Azumarill and... good game!

DrDingo

Is it just me, or now after the introduction of passerby battles do Smogon's tier rulings seem a bit.. obsolete? I can have a fun battle with whoever I want without having to care about tiers anymore.

SirRob

You could always do that though. It's just easier now.
Competitive play still has value for players who.. want to play competitively.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I think I'm about to give up on Gible breeding and move on to breeding Murkrows to just trade out. It took me hours jut to get that thing too because the only way to get it was over GTS and even then I had to wait until someone was wanting something Iactually had so I could get it.

Did you hear? Sign up for Pokemon Bank before Sept. 2014 and receive a free Celebi!
Awesome. Maybe I should sign up for it then so I can leave it in the bank :u

Stratelier

I think I'm about to give up on Gible breeding and move on to breeding Murkrows to just trade out. It took me hours jut to get that thing too because the only way to get it was over GTS and even then I had to wait until someone was wanting something Iactually had so I could get it.
You know you can catch Gible on Route 13, right? Or are you looking for Rough Skin?

My want list right now is a Scrappy Taillow and Impostor Ditto. Shame you can't tell Abilities on the GTS....

SirRob

I actually lucked out today and got a Prankster Riolu from the GTS-- just what I was looking for. Honestly I'm a little worried it's hacked because I got it so easily, haha. There was a shiny Riolu up for trade for a Tyranitar-- any Tyranitar, as well... but that TOO suspicious.
There's no way of knowing for sure, but you can narrow down your choices by searching for only level 30 Pokemon, since that usually means it was caught in the Friend Safari. You should always make sure you're not trading anything you can't get back, too. I traded Metagross for the Riolu, but since I have a Metang safari it wasn't really a loss.

Asking around on a dedicated forum is usually the most reliable route when trying to get a hidden ability Pokemon.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
I actually lucked out today and got a Prankster Riolu from the GTS-- just what I was looking for. Honestly I'm a little worried it's hacked because I got it so easily, haha. There was a shiny Riolu up for trade for a Tyranitar-- any Tyranitar, as well... but that TOO suspicious.
There's no way of knowing for sure, but you can narrow down your choices by searching for only level 30 Pokemon, since that usually means it was caught in the Friend Safari. You should always make sure you're not trading anything you can't get back, too. I traded Metagross for the Riolu, but since I have a Metang safari it wasn't really a loss.

Asking around on a dedicated forum is usually the most reliable route when trying to get a hidden ability Pokemon.

I wish you the best of luck on your quest- I might need to go on Friend Safari pretty soon, myself. I want some Shinies so I can trade them and get some trained Pokemon.

SirRob

Thanks. I made a lot of progress breeding Lucario today. I'm replacing my Scizor and Aegislash with it and Roserade, so I can take care of key threats more effectively. It's so great how the pool of Pokemon has expanded to a point where I can make a team that's both good and is made up of Pokemon I really like.
Breeding Lucario stinks 'cause you have to evolve it in order to breed with it (You'd never know that looking at FA). I'm an idiot 'cause I just figured out today that raising happiness through battles is much, MUCH faster than increasing it by walking around. Walking took me like 20 minutes, while I only needed one battle to get Riolu from 0 to max happiness.

Getting trained Pokemon is much easier than getting shinies... trust me on this.

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
Thanks. I made a lot of progress breeding Lucario today. I'm replacing my Scizor and Aegislash with it and Roserade, so I can take care of key threats more effectively. It's so great how the pool of Pokemon has expanded to a point where I can make a team that's both good and is made up of Pokemon I really like.
Breeding Lucario stinks 'cause you have to evolve it in order to breed with it (You'd never know that looking at FA). I'm an idiot 'cause I just figured out today that raising happiness through battles is much, MUCH faster than increasing it by walking around. Walking took me like 20 minutes, while I only needed one battle to get Riolu from 0 to max happiness.

Getting trained Pokemon is much easier than getting shinies... trust me on this.

Sorry about running out on that battle- my high school alma mater had literally just kicked off and we ended up winning the state championship. My family was like "Stop playing the game and watch this!"

I guess I should start raising that Eevee and I know everybody is saying "Get Sylveon" because she's new but I want to know which Eevee is the best. I mean I could always breed them with Ditto and get multiple Eevee but which is the best evolution in this game.

Arcane Reno

So, in my recent endeavours to defeat SirRob (who is apparently becoming my pokemon nemesis) in clean and just battle upon the fields of Kalos, I have come to discover something. He is the final boss for the Battle Maison. The guy who would appear once you defeat 100 straight opponents and finally think you have achieved the highest honour of all pokemon leagues. He will appear, and show you how wrong you are. Your face will never be the same. :c

SirRob

Depending on your team structure, either Jolteon, Vaporeon or Sylveon. Don't worry about leaving early Darryl, I've done that a lot too.

So, in my recent endeavours to defeat SirRob (who is apparently becoming my pokemon nemesis) in clean and just battle upon the fields of Kalos, I have come to discover something. He is the final boss for the Battle Maison. The guy who would appear once you defeat 100 straight opponents and finally think you have achieved the highest honour of all pokemon leagues. He will appear, and show you how wrong you are. Your face will never be the same. :c
What's your strategy for team building? Your Fire team was strong, but it looks like the teams you used today had less success.

Last edited: