• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Pokemon Thread

yell0w_f0x

~Foxy loves oreo~
i got my hands on an extremespeed dratini! awesome!

Toshabi

Banned
Banned
They are unreliable, and yet, I'm beginning to think I either have the most cursed luck possible in this game, or the players I encounter are all originally from the battle maison. No joke: my last 10 or so rating battles have all been lost to something such as confusion killing me off for three turns in a row, a 10% burn chance hitting at the same time as a crit, etc. etc. A perfect example, not in ratings, but in a normal challenge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDmRk0Zlv4k&feature=youtu.be

I mean no disrespect here, honestly, but it's supremely frustrating to have this sort of thing happen not only multiple times, but repeatedly, when you've invested hours of time breeding, training, etc. only to have the RNG throw your effort away.

Unreliable or not, you made a lot of bad plays during that battle.

Additionally, sunny day has always made moonlight heal for 3/4's of the users HP ever since gen 3. It seems like somepony really needs to hit the books.

But despite all this talk about how lame chance moves are, I think it's sort of nice to have a bit of unpredictable chaos thrown into the mesh of things. It does add in a certain precaution you have to keep in mind when battling. Perhaps that's just me, but sometimes, the tourney scene for pokemon becomes so bland and so cookie cutter that it becomes a case of "you'll fight one of these 12 combination of pokemon". At least that's what my random battles with trainers over the nets have turned into.

SirRob

I dunno, I've lost online to all sorts of things. I lost to a freakin' Lilligant. I lost to Lapras, Gourgeist... you name it!

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
Unreliable or not, you made a lot of bad plays during that battle.

Additionally, sunny day has always made moonlight heal for 3/4's of the users HP ever since gen 3. It seems like somepony really needs to hit the books.

But despite all this talk about how lame chance moves are, I think it's sort of nice to have a bit of unpredictable chaos thrown into the mesh of things. It does add in a certain precaution you have to keep in mind when battling. Perhaps that's just me, but sometimes, the tourney scene for pokemon becomes so bland and so cookie cutter that it becomes a case of "you'll fight one of these 12 combination of pokemon". At least that's what my random battles with trainers over the nets have turned into.

Yes, lucky moves do make for an interesting game. I particularly like Guillotine or Fissure. There is nothing like turning the battle into a death roulette.

SirRob

Oh goodie, now that Pokebank has been released, everyone and their mother's running around with shiny legendaries.

SirRob

I'm in that weird phase where I'm too good to be included in small communities and not good enough for the online community.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
I've had a Google information adventure about hacked Pokemon in relation to Pokemon Bank. Looks like most hacked Pokemon are blocked, though it appears that higher-quality and well-hacked Pokemon can make it through. So it stops little kids using their Action Replays for Gen VI, which is a plus at least.

Last edited:

SirRob

The frustration never came from Pokemon like Wondertomb; the frustration comes from knowing that any sort of work you've put into your team is trivialized because literally everyone else is making their team in minutes. The majority is celebrating for this.

DrDingo

The frustration never came from Pokemon like Wondertomb; the frustration comes from knowing that any sort of work you've put into your team is trivialized because literally everyone else is making their team in minutes. The majority is celebrating for this.
You get more satisfaction out of it. Besides, it's rare to battle people that hack for IVs and EVs. Your typical hacker likes powerful and shiny pokemon.

SirRob

You get more satisfaction out of it. Besides, it's rare to battle people that hack for IVs and EVs. Your typical hacker likes powerful and shiny pokemon.
Uhh, you've played online, right? -Everyone- hacks for IVs and EVs. You know how many shiny HP Ice Rotom-Ws I've seen online last gen? :V

DrDingo

Uhh, you've played online, right? -Everyone- hacks for IVs and EVs.
This is a real eye-opener for me, I never knew that so many people do this. What do they use to hack that stuff in, then?
EDIT- Nevermind, I just discovered the Action Replay is more sophisticated than I expected.

Last edited:

Distorted

The person that created Cressellia needs to have their brain lobotomized. That thing is ridiculous. Plus I forgot that Kyogre learned Thunder. Wtf Japan?

SirRob

This is a real eye-opener for me, I never knew that so many people do this. What do they use to hack that stuff in, then?
EDIT- Nevermind, I just discovered the Action Replay is more sophisticated than I expected.
There's a thing called Pokegen that was really popular in Gen 5.

[yt]sJ7TzhkcJOI[/yt]

DrDingo

There's a thing called Pokegen that was really popular in Gen 5.
Well that sucks. So with this somebody could create any Pokemon they wanted within reason and it will still be counted as legitimate? I don't really delve into IVs, so one created with this would be better than mine.
It'd be cool if Pokemon games can one day have a foolproof system to stop things like this working. If only.

Last edited:

Stratelier

Somebody on Bulbagarden has been posting firsthand accounts of using Bank. From what they say, it looks like Transporter really needs an overhaul. Let's see:

GOOD:
- (nothing comes to mind)

NEUTRAL:
- Poke Transporter is a separate app/download than Pokemon Bank.
- Pokemon with HM moves may or may not be transferrable with the move equipped (probably just the same rules as for releasing HM-knowing Pokemon).

BAD:
- You can only transfer whole Pokemon boxes at a time, you can't select individual Pokemon to be transferred (a la previous Gen transfers).
- You can transfer Pokemon only from the first PC box of your Gen 5 game. If you want to transfer multiple Boxes, you have to actually boot up your Gen 5 game and move Pokemon around to fill that first box up again.
- You can only transfer one Box at a time; you must switch to Pokemon Bank and do something (e.g. download the Pokemon to your XY game) before you're allowed to transfer another Box.

DrDingo

Oh YES! Pokemon Bank will finally correct nicknames of Gen 3 and 4 pokemon that were in full caps! No longer will I have to battle using my poorly-named SCIZOR and METAGROSS.

yell0w_f0x

~Foxy loves oreo~
From what I hear.. poke bank is possibly gonna be delayed for na and Europe. The Japan poke bank was removed from the eshop.

Stratelier

There are reports that non-legit (but not-obviously-illegal) Pokemon were able to be transported to Pokemon Bank. The immediate and predictable response is that the hack checks are not comprehensive enough.

There's also rumors that removing it from the eShop is not just because of overloading on the servers, but possibly to prepare a software update before it's made available again.

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
I got both a Cyndaquil and a Totodile today through GTS. Had to sacrifice my Xerneas for the Cyndaquil though but I'll probably restart soon enough after I've transferred the Pokemon I want to the Bank.

So now I'm mass breeding them for trade.

There are reports that non-legit (but not-obviously-illegal) Pokemon were able to be transported to Pokemon Bank. The immediate and predictable response is that the hack checks are not comprehensive enough.

There's also rumors that removing it from the eShop is not just because of overloading on the servers, but possibly to prepare a software update before it's made available again.
In which case they try to tighten the security on it to make it harder to slip hacks by