• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Pokemon Thread

Code: 3883 - 6216 - 3704

Name on the game is "Edwyn" and I have Ice: Delibird, Sneasel, Lapras.

Please note me on FA when you add me. I don't check these forums hardly at all.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Damn, I only thought that the Pokemon Bank delay would only be a couple extra days. Now I've just looked on Serebii and it only says 2014!
This could take longer than I thought.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
There's a shit tonne of new stuff on the GTS anyway, people must be breeding like crazy, managed to get all 6 water starters :D
I still think gen I, IV, and 5 look complete garbage though.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
2013-12-23-gamercat_55.jpg

HE KNOWS! O_O

DrDingo

It's going to be 2014 in just five days. What's the rush?
2014 could theoretically mean mid or late January- possibly even further if necessary! After all, they haven't even said anything like 'early 2014'. They could release it next Summer and still be correct on the dates.
I guess it's just the uncertainty. It implies Nintendo aren't confident it will be very soon.

Stratelier

Reportedly people have been able to hack G5 Pokemon (specifically their Met location) to make Pokemon X and Y think the Pokemon is Kalos native (blue pentagon marking). This is a serious flaw in Poke Transporter not verifying the metadata before sending the Pokemon to Bank, because the Kalos marking is one thing implying that the Pokemon is G6 tournament legal.

DrDingo

^ It's sorta sad to see that stuff like this is going on. I just want to play a fair game where nobody is cheating.
The crap bit is, hackers can't be reported. They're just left to thrive.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Well i just got a Midreavus through the GTS to evolve, was a lvl 1 and i evolved it about 5 minutes ago, still getting pass the new moves section, never seen a pokemon want to learn so many moves upon evolving.

Stratelier

Well i just got a Midreavus through the GTS to evolve, was a lvl 1 and i evolved it about 5 minutes ago, still getting pass the new moves section, never seen a pokemon want to learn so many moves upon evolving.

Stone-evolved Pokemon do that sometimes.

BTW, now that at least some users have uploaded Pokemon to XY, it's now possible to get all 18 starters. They're trading pretty fast, actually.

Speaking of which, I bred a good half box of Treecko last night and the best part is one of them came out SHINY.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Stone-evolved Pokemon do that sometimes.

BTW, now that at least some users have uploaded Pokemon to XY, it's now possible to get all 18 starters. They're trading pretty fast, actually.

Speaking of which, I bred a good half box of Treecko last night and the best part is one of them came out SHINY.

I still haven had a single one :/
There is a hell of a lot of shiny Lugia on the GTS which im guessing is dodgy.

Misomie

Lazy Artist
I got a Totodile (Dragon Dance and Ice Punch) off the GTS last night. I'll be breeding the cuties soon if anyone wants one. :3

Jags

Shepherd of Fire
*Cruelty to common shinies thing*

I feel sorry for the guy, but I couldn't help but laugh.

Got myself all the Johto startes now, as well as Treeko, Chimchar, and Turtwig. Hopefully use those to try and get the missing water starters.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
Completely legitimate, they just increase their chance of finding a shiny. The shiny is real, they've just made it more likely to appear.

This is gonna seem like a stupid question I guess, but what criteria are needed for a Pokemon to be considered hacked? Is a particular Pokemon caught from a wild Pokemon modifier considered hacked?

I can understand some things are a given, like illegal movesets/stats.

DrDingo

With Pokemon Bank just around the corner, this might seem a bit late but.. I added a guy with Growlithe in their friend safari. Any furries here want one? XD

Z

Zraxi

Code: 3780 - 9464 - 5597
Name: Sami
Friend Safari: Lillipup, Minccino, Eevee

I'll probably just put in every code listed in the thread and see if anyone adds back. If someone adds me, note me on FA or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarrylWolf

Banned
Banned
2014 could theoretically mean mid or late January- possibly even further if necessary! After all, they haven't even said anything like 'early 2014'. They could release it next Summer and still be correct on the dates.
I guess it's just the uncertainty. It implies Nintendo aren't confident it will be very soon.

Think about the logistical difficulties, if Nintendo wants to make the game fair for all parties involved and they only just started the crackdown against hacked Pokemon in 2013, then building a bridge to a game they made BEFORE the crackdown means that they have to implement anti-cheating safeguards which they should have made sooner. This will take time, but it's necessary because while it may be a good idea to bring in Pokemon raised in Black and White or Black and White 2, it's no fun at all to be matched against someone who cheated back then and transferred all the Pokemon forward. They really don't want people to use the PokeBank to retrieve illegal Pokemon from two years ago to win today.

Last edited:

DrDingo

I'll probably just put in every code listed in the thread and see if anyone adds back. If someone adds me, note me on FA or something.
I'll add ya when I get back home. :3

.. I have no idea how to message people on FA.

SirRob

HHHHGRGGNGNNNNNN

Harbinger

The Last of Us.

Added oy (im Dire Wolf or Harbinger).

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
HE KNOWS! O_O

I'm pretty sure this is how all 'controversial' Pokemon behaviors are handled. About what you'd imagine, but offscreen.
By the way, I'm giddy after receiving Pokemon Y and the special X/Y 3DS XL
Friend code: 5300-9876-7854