• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Pokemon Thread

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Today is my friend's birthday (and since I'm poor) I got her a pokemon~ She decided to let me grab whatever (and since she's working on a mono-water team and has three special attackers I decided to go with Crawdaunt). She's new to pokemon and doesn't know IVs and stuff so Crawdaunt is really going to help her team~ I IV bred, EV trained, and leveled her up to level 50. She seemed pretty excited. :3

I have a lot of Adaptability Egg Move Corphish left over, lol.

Oh yeah, on the Brave Bird Tanlonflame thing, I want to Skill Swap Gale Wings onto a Staraptor. BWAHAHAHA! THE POWER! >: D

Last edited:

SirRob

It takes a while to get from the first gym to the second. You're not going slow. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

SirRob

Wanna play in a metagame where Garchomp and Mega Kangaskhan are even MORE ridiculously overpowered? Try an inverse battle! That's the current Special Battle Spot.

The only thing that can resist Garchomp's Outrages are other dragons, and the only thing that can resist Mega Kangaskhan's Returns are... literally nothing.

Last edited:

Milo

Wanna play in a metagame where Garchomp and Mega Kangaskhan are even MORE ridiculously overpowered? Try an inverse battle! That's the current Special Battle Spot.

The only thing that can resist Garchomp's Outrages are other dragons, and the only thing that can resist Mega Kangaskhan's Returns are... literally nothing.

battle spot? inverse battle?

whaaat

I should probably actually battle people online. it's crazy that after decades of playing pokemon, I've literally never battled another human being up until recently (when I lost miserably and never played online again)

SirRob

I'm okay with Garchomp being strong, too. I like it when the metagame is filled with things that I'd um,

battle spot? inverse battle?

whaaat

I should probably actually battle people online. it's crazy that after decades of playing pokemon, I've literally never battled another human being up until recently (when I lost miserably and never played online again)
Battle Spot's a feature where you can battle random players. You can do either free battles (no restrictions) or rating battles. Generally the level of play is higher than challenging players through the PSS.
Inverse battles are new, and this is the first time that people can battle each other using the format. It reverses type strengths and weaknesses.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others

Ooh, this sure sounds like a fun place to use my Porygon-Z!
triattacktriattacktriattack!

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

Distorted

I don't know who thought up Garchomp, but ever since he came into being I had to step up my game to watch out for it. Even in the show he's pretty badass.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
RE Garchomp:
Listening to Pokemon battle theme remixes has always been a (sorta guilty) pleasure of mine. I was surprised that even on the 3DS platform, Game Freak are not being overly ambitious with the music in Pokemon.

Battle music in the games should sound like these remixes!

SirRob

There was actually a recent interview posted on the official website about the game's music-- http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/a-conversation-with-pokemons-musical-maestro/

It's not something I'd prefer to listen to while doing work, but I do like XY's battle themes as, well, battle themes. I haven't gotten tired of them even after playing as much as I have. Although, I think part of that might come from being able to choose the music you use in battles.

Last edited:

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Listening to Pokemon battle theme remixes has always been a (sorta guilty) pleasure of mine. I was surprised that even on the 3DS platform, Game Freak are not being overly ambitious with the music in Pokemon.

Battle music in the games should sound like these remixes!

Mine too~ This is one of my favorites:

[video=youtube;_t10vb_3yGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t10vb_3yGk[/video]

Edit:

This video came out today. It's speculations for Pokken Fighter (which has been copyrighted by Nintendo, along with Pokken Tournament) and how it seems more possible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmAZ7J7xxdE

Last edited:

SirRob

200 bp, not 200 wins. Going through the normal singles format should earn you 50 points total, so if you did that four times (80 battles), then you'll be set. It's even faster if you do super singles, you'll get 250 points in 50 battles.
You can also get BP through the Pokemon bank ('Though I'm not entirely sure how that works), and the Battle Institute.

Distorted

I get my butt kicked in the battle institute. The first 2-3 battles are fine, then someone comes along with a Cresellia or a Regi and it just ruins the streak. Good for testing out Poke's though.

SirRob

So there was a hidden music track found in XY:

[yt]9MbQjVQbCY4[/yt]

1292298383162720.jpeg