• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Pokemon Thread

Z

Zraxi

I just saw the news about that special pokeball vivillon on serebii and i need it. I hope it's not just France only.

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Oh man! New team idea~ Reptiles! >:D (I wanted to use Contrary Serperior but since that doesn't exist I'll include one in a later team).

Anyways~ Tyranitar, (Mega) Aggron, Feraligatr (I want sheer force so bad, soon I hope), Krookodile, Sceptile, and Helioisk~ They sound so awesome~ Plus TTar's Sandstorm will aid half the team (more if Helioisk is sand veil, thinking Dry Skin would be best though). This team just sounds nasty and looks like it will work well together. >:D

Edit: New nasty idea for Double Battles though~ Anger Point Krookodile with a Frost Breath (hindering nature and 0 Special Attack IV) Beartic/Cloyster/Avalugg/Delibird. DUN DUN DUN! To add insult to injury I can Scarf Krookodile (or scarf the Frost Breath user). Or have Sticky Web set up~ >:D

Last edited:

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Just curious- Does anybody else here just sorta.. forget to use mega Pokémon in their team?

Never, i do it whenever possible, even when its my lvl 100 heracross against a lvl 3 wild encounter :p

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Something else on the topic of megas that's been on my mind for a while-
Anyone else think that some of 'em are simply much more powerful and useful in battle than others?

Say, Mega Blastoise's 78 Speed and 135 Special Attack versus Mega Gengar's 130 Speed and 170 Special Attack!

SirRob

Nah, they all serve their own purposes. Mega Blastoise might have a lower Special Attack than Mega Gengar, but its ability makes up for it, and it's also bulky with a good defensive typing.

Just kidding, Mega Kangaskhan > All

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Nah, they all serve their own purposes. Mega Blastoise might have a lower Special Attack than Mega Gengar, but its ability makes up for it, and it's also bulky with a good defensive typing.

Just kidding, Mega Kangaskhan > All

I'm thinking of training a Cofagrious and/or Jellicent to counter Kanga.

SirRob

Those are solid choices, as long as they're carrying Will-O-Wisp. I'm sure they'd be effective against M-Mawile and M-Blaziken, too.

Misomie

Lazy Artist
Those are solid choices, as long as they're carrying Will-O-Wisp. I'm sure they'd be effective against M-Mawile and M-Blaziken, too.

Plus if Kanga isn't carrying Crunch (only Sucker Punch), Jellicent can keep stalling with Acid Armours and Will-o-Whisps without getting touched (especially if holding an Air Balloon, lol you mad Kanga?).

Stratelier

This isn't game related, but recently I picked up a few Pokemon TCG packs. Not for the cards themselves though -- for the 'feelies'. (Is that weird?) E.g. figurines of the three Kalos startes, Sylveon, Xerneas, Yveltal. Also the plastic Zoroark coin that came with XY packs featuring Dragonite and Salamence.

So today I decided to check out the actual cards. I probably can't build a proper game deck with them due to not having enough Energy cards to go around (insert not-playing-with-a-full-deck joke here). However, among the findings:
- Mega Blastoise and Mega Venusaur cards
- One complete Charmander line (personal Kanto starter)
- One complete Snivy line (personal Unova starter)
- One complete Archen line (including Plume Fossil)
- Other complete evolutionary families: Inkay, Electrike, Minccino, Shedinja (but not Ninjask)
- Other personal favorites: Furfrou, Shinx
- Aegislash in both Shield and Sword formes (not a complete family; have Doublade but missing Honedge)
- Team Plasma's Lugia EX (sidenote: also acquired two Plasma Energy cards, which its Plasma Gale attack requires)
- Meloetta EX -- yes, I finally acquired a Meloetta but it's not in the actual videogames :(

All of the packs included bonus cards with codes good for redeeming in the online version of the TCG. Hmm, I might just try that sometime....

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I'm working on a furfag team for Y now, having completed the story.

Kit H. Ruppell

What exactly does that entail? (Besides having Lucario, Zoroark, and a female Braixen on the team?)
3 'ferals' - Furfrou, Ninetales, Absol
3 'anthros' - Lucario, Mienshao, Delphox

And they're all boys.

Distorted

Is it in bad taste to use wish multiple times?

I battled someone yesterday who was very intent on having their way in the battle. He tried to sleep most of my team with yawn but all it did was give me an excuse to pass wish around. If it weren't for my Florges I wouldn't have lasted at all. Just as I was about to turn the game around he up and quits on me. I don't know if it was due to wish spamming or because the fight was going for longer than he liked.

SirRob

That's a perfectly legitimate strategy. Especially since any competent opponent would have an easy answer to that.

Kit H. Ruppell