• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Pokemon Thread

N

Nicky The Husky

I have yet to buy it but I look forward to playing Lucario and Blaziken

Stratelier

Fun thing: in the duel (2D) phase of combat, you hold Up to access your high (anti-air) attacks. This is officially known as "high stance", but your Pokemon also assumes a taunting position at the same time as in COME GET ME BRO. Sceptile's high stance, for example, is to swing around and face the foe tail first the way Mega Sceptile does in ORAS.

In a single-player free battle in the Rank C league, I just had the most epic showdown against a Gengar. The first round was super close, both of us down to our last 1HP, then we both called in our support Pokemon (Lapras!) literally at the same time, and ... I got hit first. Ouch. But in return, I won the next two rounds, BOTH PERFECT.

N

Nicky The Husky

I really really want to buy it after watching some people play. Maybe Ill buy it really soon

Stratelier

I still don't quite get the 'attack triangle' sometimes. But I did have two epic finishes against the Blue League trainers:

1 - me (Braixen) vs. Charizard. Near the end, Charizard jumped in my direction and I lit a Fire Spin underneath him, and while he was juggled I Flamethrowered him for the win.

2 - vs. Machamp. Late into his HP meter he activated his Burst mode, so, so did I. Then he activates his Burst attack but I manage to block it, and counter with mine. And it finishes him off.

TJwolf123

~Tricky Candy Pup~
There was a time in Pokemon OR where I tried to get a shiny Rayquaza. ... I came back 5 minutes later with the required Pokemon, and he was gone. :')
*Insert Song: "Hello Darkness"*

Stratelier

I took Suicune out for a spin in Free battles: Set my usual options -- normal AI, skill points off, no timer, random AI Pokemon/support/arena, and ... the first thing I'm paired up against is a Braixen.

Wow. To say the match was an epic fail would be a fail because the word "fail" itself fails to convey just HOW much fail there was in that fail. Suicune didn't get beaten ... not even dominated. It got raped seeing as how Braixen won nearly perfect both times.

Fortunately a round of dojo training to learn Suicune's moveset helped me out, but . . . egad, Suicune's moveset is tricky to learn compared to Sceptile or Braixen.

Last edited:

TJwolf123

~Tricky Candy Pup~
I recently started fixing my own team of favorite types. :3 Luckily enough, one was up for trade with the requirement of a Krabby!

Stratelier

Images from the latest CoroCoro issue have found their way onto the Internet, and for Pokemon Sun/Moon this is what got revealed:
Sun/Moon coverage will be in the NEXT issue, not this one.

Oh, and Magearna is a Steel+Fairy type.

Z-Mizz

Monkey Magic c(^o^)ɔ
Images from the latest CoroCoro issue have found their way onto the Internet, and for Pokemon Sun/Moon this is what got revealed:
Sun/Moon coverage will be in the NEXT issue, not this one.

Oh, and Magearna is a Steel+Fairy type.
Because Steel/Fairy is so broken :|

Stratelier

Oh, apparently Masuda tweeted that there will be some kind of Pokemon Sun/Moon announcement May 10th (Japanese time zone).

Since I'd like to be avoiding the news this gen around, that's probably a good time to stop lurking the Pokemon forums ... or YouTube ... or FA ... or the Internet...

Takoto

Scottish Fold cat, disabled, and sneezing a lot.
I'm super excited for the new Sun/Moon news. Particularly the starters, though I'm unsure if we'll be getting information about them on the 10th.

TheMintyBun

The most squishy of the buns.
The hype is so real, i was a little bummed the moon legendary wasnt a rabbit...oh well our bat overlords will be pleased!

also...birb starter is best starter.

Stratelier

Well, I saw the trailer. I can probably thank FA for training me to apply a selective attention span, because I managed to avoid all the footage of the new Pokemon (legendary mascots excepted, of course) and only remember the general shots of the player roaming the new region.

Distorted

The new grass starter has my attention now. But being grass/flying is a bit underwhelming. I think most of the starters are ok, but I'm more interested in what they can do rather than what they look like. I swear if this owl is another defensive grass type I'm gonna go ballistic. I'm hoping it's got a emphasis on special attack at least.

Cougar_Vee

(hai all, just seen the topic)
Litten, the newer fire starter caught my attention from the first second I saw it, I guess with me liking cats might be my bigger giveaway, the wway it moved reminds me of how my own cats move and play at home, hope it's evolutions and stats are just as equally awesome looking.
Lion-like legendary! Loving two already.

Stratelier

Oh yes, there's also event Pokemon distributions starting last week (at least in the US). This week gets the white stag while next week gets the bacon bird.

Stratelier

And this week I realize that in order to remain in the dark about Pokemon Sun/Moon news, I won't be able to surf YouTube. Because it's guaranteed to show Sun/Moon related videos on the homepage when I log in.

Whee. Well, it's still not as stressful as attempting to register my username on Twitter....

SirRob

And this week I realize that in order to remain in the dark about Pokemon Sun/Moon news, I won't be able to surf YouTube. Because it's guaranteed to show Sun/Moon related videos on the homepage when I log in.

Whee. Well, it's still not as stressful as attempting to register my username on Twitter....
It's not worth it man, it's not worth it!
You should consider this period of time, where news of new Pokemon trickles down, as part of the game experience! It's like, you're already playing the game, but it's free and it's not out yet?! How awesome is that, mister bird?!