• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Pokemon Thread

Quinnn

Do my stripes make me look fat?
I just got a DS lite on eBay today, what Pokemon game should I start with? I've never played any before and I really want to get into it .

Y

Yukkie

I just got a DS lite on eBay today, what Pokemon game should I start with? I've never played any before and I really want to get into it .

Pokemon SoulSilver is my personal favorite, for the DS at least. I've played all of them since Diamond, so~ I honestly think it's one of the bestssss.
I definitely suggest that, or maybe one of the Mystery Dungeon games. ^^~

Quinnn

Do my stripes make me look fat?
Pokemon SoulSilver is my personal favorite, for the DS at least. I've played all of them since Diamond, so~ I honestly think it's one of the bestssss.
I definitely suggest that, or maybe one of the Mystery Dungeon games. ^^~
SoulSilver is $55-75 from what I've seen. Double what I payed for the DS itself D:

Y

Yukkie

SoulSilver is $55-75 from what I've seen. Double what I payed for the DS itself D:

Yeah, it is pretty expensive. u.u; But it's really worth it if you can afford it. The Pokemon ranger games are good as well, but they are probably better to play after you play some of the more... Traditional games.

Diamond was my first Pokemon game, and my first video game in general. But if you're gonna go for that, get Platinum. It has way cooler stuff than Pearl and Diamond.

Black and White are also pretty good, but Black and White 2 aren't as good as the originals.

Stratelier

Apparently Masuda tweeted there will be even more Sun/Moon news coming in June....

For now, one defense I've set up is to remember the new starter trio only in terms of existing Pokemon. I tell myself the Grass starter looks like a lovechild of Nuzleaf and Pidove, the Fire starter looks like a cross between Zorua and a miniature Liepard, and the water starter looks like a hybrid of Cubchoo and Seel then painted deep blue. I've also paid more attention to known fakes of the starter trio that were circulating about prior to the trailer.

brawlingcastform

High Functioning Autism
I've already preordered the Moon version (the legendary on the cover looks so beautiful...shame my mom hates bats...and butterflies...and pretty much anything with giant wings), and from GameStop I got the code to download Darkrai. Sorry guys, I already redeemed it for my Alpha Sapphire version, which is where my legendaries are being stored currently. :p

This is the team that I used to beat White 2, which is the first time I've defeated the Champion of any main-series game without using a legendary or a cheat device.

2014_7_20_pokemon_white_version_2_by_highrollerhydra-d8aeb4n.png

Y

Yukkie

The pokewalker was so great~ Too bad I lost mine. ; w; Can you even buy those anymore???

brawlingcastform

High Functioning Autism
Asdf that really sucks. ;;

I remember I used to wear mine at P.E. For the steps. xD It was like... The only thing that got me to exercise at all.
The downside to leveling up Pokémon through the Pokéwalker is that A: they can't evolve. B: They can't learn new moves. And C: Unlike earning EVs through defeating wild Pokémon, there aren't any given. I'm pretty sure their happiness can't go up either.

Y

Yukkie

The downside to leveling up Pokémon through the Pokéwalker is that A: they can't evolve. B: They can't learn new moves. And C: Unlike earning EVs through defeating wild Pokémon, there aren't any given. I'm pretty sure their happiness can't go up either.

Oh, yeah, true true. uwu;; There were many flaws to it, weren't there? But I had it when I was like... Seven??? Not 100% sure. But I was still a kid, so those things weren't too important to me. xD probs why I think only good of it.

brawlingcastform

High Functioning Autism
I'm more of an easy guy, so I'm waiting until I hear of the first Gym Leader's type use before I decide on my starter. Don't want it to be a case of picking Charmander before Brock.

Stratelier

But for somebody who works full-time and tends to walk 10k-20k steps per shift, it's easy XP when you're grinding to take on Red.

brawlingcastform

High Functioning Autism
But for somebody who works full-time and tends to walk 10k-20k steps per shift, it's easy XP when you're grinding to take on Red.
I'm not the guy who battles online anymore (too many people beating me, especially when I rarely fight someone who doesn't have a damn Arceus on his/her team).

Darklordbambi

The great Amanojaku
So bringing up topics of future pokemon games, what do you think they plan to do with the new Zygarde forms? It seems weird that they're making new forms for Zygarde when they're about to release a new gen. Then again, they've related pokemon to old games before. They're attached Regigas from gen 4 as the leader of the Regi trio from gen 3, and Lugia from Gen 2 as the leader of the legendary bird trio from gen 1. Could this be a sign of getting X2 and Y2, or maybe a pokemon Z even? This has me more curious than Sun and Moon, to be completely honest. It's a part of the pokemon games and lore that hasn't been tied up, similar to those 3 rooms in pokemon X and Y we never got the codes for. Makes me wonder what's going to happen with all that.

Stratelier

New trailer today!

We get major footage of the legendary mascots and their signature moves, plus more glimpses of the region and NPC characters. I don't think there was much in the way of new regional Pokemon revealed, but that's okay by me as I'm trying to avoid that.

Oh, and it looks like our new Pokedex might be haunted....

Last edited:

Distorted

7/10 too much water lol

But seriously, it looks cool so far. Never would of guessed the types of the legendaries either. Solgaleo's strong as hell one shotting a Salamence. The characters look cool, but I wonder what their personalities are like? And I have qualms about the pokedex. Mostly because of my disdain for Rotom-W but I'll get over it I suppose.

Stratelier

Another announcement - and this one seems to have more than just new Pokemon and regional snapshots, it reveals a few new features too? What specifically? I don't know -- I don't want to know -- but here's the trailer:

And as if that wasn't enough, they tweeted news that there'll be ANOTHER announcement on the 12th.