• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Pokemon Thread

I guess the major problem with the games is that Gamefreak doesn't get the funding, manpower and time they deserve. The Pokemon Company just seems to spend more money in merchandise and what not, which isn't bad, everyone has a favorite mon and would love to have a plush/figure of it.
But i just wish they would let Gamefreak show what they can do, bring back some old mechanics, let you do more stuff with your mons outside of combat, etc

Judge Spear

unknown.png

QueenSekhmet

A Nightmare Dressed Like A Daydream

"Poison

You'd be a Poison-type Pokémon! When you’re threatened, watch out! The results could be toxic!"

my cruel device,
my blood like ice.
one look could kill,
your pain,my thrill.>:3

Yakamaru

Woof? Woof
Pokemon gotta poke'em all.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
I guess the major problem with the games is that Gamefreak doesn't get the funding, manpower and time they deserve. The Pokemon Company just seems to spend more money in merchandise and what not, which isn't bad, everyone has a favorite mon and would love to have a plush/figure of it.
But i just wish they would let Gamefreak show what they can do, bring back some old mechanics, let you do more stuff with your mons outside of combat, etc
Gamefreak =/= The Pokemon Company, Not to mention that Pokemon sell more merchandise than a videogame franchise. It doesn't help that they're as Incompetent as the Sonic team.
SwSh was just more of the same there's nothing in particular that's especially egregious about it beyond missing some of the improvements from prior games and its story being shit, which has already been the case for almost every entry because GameFreak is cringe
also Legends was good
like, actually good not in the "good for a pokemon game" territory
or at least it was fun for me to run around chucking pokeballs and getting rekt by Paras
Gen 8 was planned to be another 3DS installment, Like Gen 6 and Gen 7 was. But they switched it over to the Switch because at that point the 3DS is dead at that point. They obviously had to cut corners to meet the deadline. Which in retrospect is fucking hilarious because everyone what looking at BotW and that dumb chart and mistaken it as the sale for the games and not merchandise, And in result, They got such a ugly looking, unfinished game.
Also, the series is the way it is due to the nightmare that is coordinating the games show merchandise and other media, and so yes, the games aren’t as good as they could be, but I’ve come to terms with that.
This is bullshit because Gen 2 to Gen 5 had no problem with this.

SirRob

Thanks for bumping this topic and reminding me to post here, Impact!

GO Battle Day is today, the 18th. You can earn an Elite TM for participating! Very exciting. Even though I don’t keep up with the mainline meta, I actually keep up with the GO meta. Dewgong is actually pretty good in the battle league! Not as good as Walrein, but… Dewgong is better. Just trust me. Not biased.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

SirRob

It was Deino Community Day yesterday. I actually had an outing to attend around the same time, but nobody raised a question when I decided play anyway throughout it... Good thing too because I was able to catch a lot and get plenty of Deino candy. Was waiting a long time for Deino to finally get a CD.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

SirRob

This fucking ringtone has been stuck in my head for 20 goddamn years.

Is that the ONLY SCENE in the WHOLE show where the phone sounds like that? I only ever see that scene referenced and I KNOW there were other times that phones were used in the anime…

Judge Spear

Is that the ONLY SCENE in the WHOLE show where the phone sounds like that? I only ever see that scene referenced and I KNOW there were other times that phones were used in the anime…
I've heard it a few times in the first season. There's some scenes where Oak answers the phone when Ash calls.

SirRob

I've heard it a few times in the first season. There's some scenes where Oak answers the phone when Ash calls.
I recall one scene where Ash went to Bill's lighthouse after catching Krabby and he called Oak to check up on it. I looked up the episode and you don't hear the phone ring. I looked up -another- episode where he's at the Indigo League and uses the phone again... no phone ring. Later in the Indigo League, Misty picks up a ringing phone... THAT'S ACTUALLY RINGING!! @$%&!!! Granted it's just a regular 90's phone and not the video phone.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

SirRob

Ash is in a tournament of champions right now, beat Steven and is fighting Cynthia next

DP345.jpg

Crazy that the writers actually had the balls to make him as competent as he ought to be by now

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
So I beaten Pokemon Yellow for the very first time last week and I came to realize that Pokemon is shit as an adventure game, But the collect them all aspect is good. I feel like the game being in "full colour" with correct sprites is the main selling point. Yellow's Pikachu is awful and a dead weight to the player's team, The Pikachu surfing game isn't worth it, Being able to catch most of Red's and Blue's exclusive ruins Red and Blue for the player. but all that makes up for the game being rebalanced and having the all three starters?

SirRob

Red and Blue are arguably better if you don’t wanna deal with the shoehorned anime references, and Yellow has its own missing Pokemon so it’s not really the definitive version imo, it’s just sort of this strange extra cashgrab game