• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Pokemon Thread

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Red and Blue are arguably better if you don’t wanna deal with the shoehorned anime references, and Yellow has its own missing Pokemon so it’s not really the definitive version imo, it’s just sort of this strange extra cashgrab game
Raichu is the only non shitty pokemon you can't get in Yellow. Red/Blue gym leaders are weak compared to Yellow.

SirRob

Raichu is the only non shitty pokemon you can't get in Yellow. Red/Blue gym leaders are weak compared to Yellow.
Meowth isn't shitty you take that back

Game balance is definitely better in Yellow, I'll give you that-- Comparing the two games, it looks like it starts out easier and then gets harder, and then evens out at the Elite Four

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Meowth isn't shitty you take that back

Game balance is definitely better in Yellow, I'll give you that-- Comparing the two games, it looks like it starts out easier and then gets harder, and then evens out at the Elite Four
Meowth is shitty, Why would you not think that he isn't is beyond me. Red/Blue can be pissy easy if you chose the right starter.

Baud

Oh boy it's a deer
Bulbasaur is OP, it puts you in a type advantage for most of the game. I always picked Charmander in the original Red and Leaf Green, though I love Blastoise too and every time I play Soul Silver I never know which one of the two to pick. Yellow is an interesting game but I vastly prefer Red/Blue, picking Charmander is supposed to be "hard" mode but in reality it's perfectly manageable if you know how to assemble a half decent team.

SirRob

And Bulbasaur remains a pretty solid Pokemon today. Charizard has come out on top, consistently being high tier in select formats. Blastoise is... eh...

I actively use Venusaur in the Ultra League in Pokemon GO. It's a solid counter to Fairy types that are pretty common throughout the leagues. Of course, no one actually plays GO, so that's not really saying anything. But it's pretty cool how these OG Pokemon have managed to stay relevant after all this time.

SirRob

Looks like Ash is fighting Cynthia next week. Pretty exciting imo, especially if it ends up leading to the conclusion of Ash's story as has been speculated (I don't believe they'd actually go through with that though)

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
And Bulbasaur remains a pretty solid Pokemon today. Charizard has come out on top, consistently being high tier in select formats. Blastoise is... eh...

I actively use Venusaur in the Ultra League in Pokemon GO. It's a solid counter to Fairy types that are pretty common throughout the leagues. Of course, no one actually plays GO, so that's not really saying anything. But it's pretty cool how these OG Pokemon have managed to stay relevant after all this time.
Blastoise is a star Shell Smash user, though.

Baalf

Judge Spear

I literally looked at what they were offering, and my reaction was "is this a joke?"
Well the most recent games sure are.
I genuinely think a lot of stuff I see from Pokemon today is just GameFreak tacitly saying "we hate you idiots".
---
Amazing

Screenshot_17.png

Last edited:

Baalf

Am I the only one that... honestly hates Ceruledge and Armarouge's designs? They don't even look like Pokemon. They look like humans in armor. I bet they're both going to be OP AF, as well.

ben909

vaporeon character != mushroom characters

ben909

Sprigatito and Smoliv look cool

but Fidough makes the eating the loaf animal joke too real, it literally is a food

ben909

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
I've always hated "free items" pre-order and dlc bonuses. They just make the game experience worse by trivializing the games this is done to.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
I've always hated "free items" pre-order and dlc bonuses. They just make the game experience worse by trivializing the games this is done to.
I think Dragon Quest XI vanilla had it too.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer