• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Pokemon Thread

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer
Re: Pokemon Direct 1/8

Pokemon is the COD of handhelds.
MAD.gif

He said it.

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm

Oh I know there are people who "grow out" of Pokemon but I just want to smack people who says it's the same game.
It pretty much is only with new pokemon and updated graphics.

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

CannonFodder

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

The truth hurts doesn't it?
The simple fact that you think this game has the same engine as B/W and B/W 2 is just hilarious.

CannonFodder

The simple fact that you think this game has the same engine as B/W and B/W 2 is just hilarious.
Just cause it's a new video game engine doesn't mean the game is improved any.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers

Just cause it's a new video game engine doesn't mean my opinion of the game is improved any.

FTFY? A new engine in the game is a definitive improvement. what else could it possibly even be if it's not an improvement?

What's the improvement between Half-Life and Half-Life 2? @_@

Imperial Impact

The Imperial Juicer

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers

Oh, wait, I get it. I understand now.

See, let's imagine for a second that Game Freak introduced voice acting, first-person-view, open-world exploration, character traits, passive boosts -

none of these things are improvements. They're abitrary gameplay elements. Improvements don't revolve around changing the system, they revolve around updating it. If you don't understand that, then I'm afraid the entire concept of continuity must be completely unavailable to you.

ED: Very very very simply put: Would it be more fun to swap Starter Pokemons with an M1911A1? Yes. Would it be an improvement to the game? Fuck no.

Last edited:

Schwimmwagen

I'm well aware that Pokémon hasn't changed that much at its core, but comparing it to Call of Duty is a no-no.

Call of Duty poisons the industry as a whole.

Pokémon stays as it is. There is no other Pokémon, but there's millions of CODs.

CannonFodder

Oh, wait, I get it. I understand now.

See, let's imagine for a second that Game Freak introduced voice acting, first-person-view, open-world exploration, character traits, passive boosts -

none of these things are improvements. They're abitrary gameplay elements. Improvements don't revolve around changing the system, they revolve around updating it. If you don't understand that, then I'm afraid the entire concept of continuity must be completely unavailable to you.

ED: Very very very simply put: Would it be more fun to swap Starter Pokemons with an M1911A1? Yes. Would it be an improvement to the game? Fuck no.
I'm just fucking with you guys. Honestly, I don't know anything about pokemon. Last nintendo game I played was for the gameboy color.

Last edited:

Corto

Can't wait to use Gabumon to beat up those rocket teams! Woo!

Anyway changing the thread title to better reflect it's nature.

CannonFodder

Can't wait to use Gabumon to beat up those rocket teams! Woo!

Anyway changing the thread title to better reflect it's nature.
Maybe if you use the dragonballs then you can get a wish to evolve gabumon into blue eyes white dragon and then capture the legendary gundam metabee.

I only got level 100 pokemon in Pokemon White. I still never had a chance to buy black 2 or white 2. Now I'm hearing people say there's going to be another pokemon game. Too many pokemon to train to level 100.

SirRob

Eh, it'd be better if this was just the Pokemon X and Y thread...
But, well, since it's now the Pokemon thread...

Who wants to battle, eh?! Or all you all cowards?!?!

Eh, it'd be better if this was just the Pokemon X and Y thread...
But, well, since it's now the Pokemon thread...

Who wants to battle, eh?! Or all you all cowards?!?!

I will if it's pokemon white.

Symlus

Sophisticated Snake
I just restarted emerald. Fun playing through the older games again.

Sure!

My White 2 hasn't even been started yet... but my Black team's raring to go! My FC is 3310 8523 8493.

It says friend code is invalid. Try to add me. 5429-6807-5522

Last edited: