• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The PS3 Thread.

Baconbits

Okay, I saw the XBox 360 thread and decided that there should also be a PS3 thread. Does anyone else out there own a PS3? If so, what games do you have? Blu-ray movies? Whatever you want to talk about concerning the PS3 should go here:)

I don't know if it would be too much to ask if this thread could be stickied, but I will ask anyways, since it would drastically cut down on spam topics concerning the PS3.

kapps

I own a ps3, games: resistance fall of man, splinter cell double agent, rainbow 6 vegas, movies: alot

Foxstar

lol reggin
I own one, no Blu-ray games, because nothing's worth paying $60 IMHO for yet, as I don't give two flips about FPS's and only one Blu-Ray DVD. Calling all Cars and Plixel Junk Racers is pretty fun however but Ratchet and Clank's likely the only game i'll outright buy this year, maybe Folksoul. Blu-ray DVD wise? Doubtful anything, I'd rather not buy stuff and be unable to play it at a friend's because they don't have a PS3 or Blu-ray player.

Right now it's my big hot, heavy PS2/PSone for now and my FFXI machine, the Wii, DS and 360 get all my gaming attention.

Oh, I do indeed own one.

Lets see... there's the stock PS3 w/ upgraded hardrive (now 160gb) and games:

Resistance: FOM
Ninja Gaiden
Heavenly Sword(s) (see zeropunctuation for the reference)
The Darkness
LocoRoco
Motorstorm

Plus all the best PS2 stuffs and a lot of downloaded demos. No movies tho.

Span_Wolf said:
Stratadrake said:
But LocoRoco is PSP....
Not anymore.

Also;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh1jB4hVJRg

Best $7 I ever spent... Kinda... that music's gettin annoying.

And that guy's a jerk. :p

I... have 2 PS3's. But my brother's GF is using it (the 3 of us split the costs), so technically I have 1, but hey, I also have access to another for LAN or w/e.

And the video respons for the guy with 4, it's a bit much.

ADF

I don't own a PS3; but if you are interested in using it to play movies I have a article that includes the PS3 in video quality comparisons, it got a good review.

Janglur

Oh hey, the PS3 actually got a thread.

Comin' up in the world, eh?

psion

I have one, it was a gift.
My verdict: Not bad, but not as impressive as I thought it would be. Granted it's a powerful piece of machinery, but I already saw R:FoM's graphics in HL2 for the PC. That being said, Resistance was a awesome ride that left me hoping for a sequel. Haze looks tempting, but so does Endwar if I can convince myself to buy one of those silly-looking headsets. And of course, Insomniac has never let me down yet with Ratchet and Clank.

Baconbits

Well you can't base the hardware soley on the release titles' graphics. You have to remember that even the PS2 didn't really start looking nice until around it's last year before the PS3 came out. I have a 60 GB PS3 with these games...

Resistance: Fall of Man
Tony Hawk's Project 8
NHL 2K7
Need For Speed: Carbon
Call of Duty 3
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
F.E.A.R. (Sucks, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME FOR PS3, go with the PC version!)
Warhawk

Foxstar

lol reggin
I don't base the hardware on the release titles graphics, I'm basing it on gameplay and so far, only Warhawk really measures up and that's multiplayer only. Oh yes, and HS, but that's a rental only.

psion

Baconbits said:
Well you can't base the hardware soley on the release titles' graphics. You have to remember that even the PS2 didn't really start looking nice until around it's last year before the PS3 came out. I have a 60 GB PS3 with these games...
That is true, however the release title R:FoM is all I have to benchmark my PS3 at the moment so.... Yeah, when I can pick up later games like Haze, Endwar, and the inevitable Harvest Moon game; I'll be able to make a more indepth assessment but until then, I can only base a game system on what I have to work with at the time.

Silver R. Wolfe said:
I intend to get one. I want Ratchet, MGS4, FFXIII, Warhawk and Folksoul soo bad.

You mean Folklore, right? 'cuz the demo was Folksoul on the Japanese network, but the american one was released as Folklore...

But yeah, looks pretty good, and the demo was moderately fun. Not my perfered genre of game, and the controller waving during the boss battles got kinda tiring, but it was fun.

Silver R. Wolfe

Wuffamute Extraordinaire!
crabby_the_frog said:
Silver R. Wolfe said:
I intend to get one. I want Ratchet, MGS4, FFXIII, Warhawk and Folksoul soo bad.

You mean Folklore, right? 'cuz the demo was Folksoul on the Japanese network, but the american one was released as Folklore...

But yeah, looks pretty good, and the demo was moderately fun. Not my perfered genre of game, and the controller waving during the boss battles got kinda tiring, but it was fun.

That's what they said about Wii games, and the Japanese name was better.

I've got a PS3, best money I've ever spent
here are the games that I will have and already have
I can only play PS3 games since I don't have any other consoles (but I'm planning to play the other games once I can buy all 3 consoles)
The PS 3 games I wanna get and already have are:
Rainbow six vegas
The darkness
starnglehold
Medal of honor airborne (probably)
Warhawk (probably)
Turok
Timeshift (probably)
alone in the dark 5
devil may cry 4
front lines: fuel of war

Half life 2: orange box (definitely)
GTA 4 (definitely)
Assasin's creed (definitely)
Army of two (definitely)
Mercenaries 2 World in flames (HELL YEAH)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R (I want it in a PS3 version because my computer sucks!)
Tom clancy Splinter cell: conviction (definitely)

and last but most important:
starfox games that explains Krystal's background or maybe her as the main character
and Super smash Bros Brawl with Krystal in it

PuppyJ

I don't own one because I cannot afford it and am looking forward to very few games on it... plus I have not entered the HDTV era yet so the astounding graphic capabilities do not appeal to me.

Baconbits

That sounds reasonable. What I like that Sony does that Microsoft doesn't do is that Sony still puts out games for the previous console for an upwards of almost two years after the new one comes out, they don't force you to buy the new console like Microsoft does.

Magica

Fatty Furfag Weeaboo
I see it as an overpriced, souped up PS2. Maybe if it wasn't so ridiculously expensive, I would've considered it more. I'm not one who worries about whether or not the graphics are realistic or crisp and clear or not, because to me it all depends on the enjoyment of the game.