• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The PS3 Thread.

Tudd

But patches require money which they're not willing to spend. :p Especially on a smaller consumer base.

wolfydog

Exactly, besides the patch would have to link up to disk content would it not? I mean think about it, the disk, yes does let you choose your own entrance music, but however, does not give any option on "copy from harddrive to"

Unless I'm missing a feature here

ShagsterP

Wait, what? Since when are wrestling fans considered a "small consumer base"? No, there is no option to customize with hard drive music. Yes, patches have the ability to make that possible. I'm not going to go into the details of how, but if you're still believing that it's impossible, Warhawk's 1.3 patch will be adding completely new weapons, vehicles, and maps not available on the disc, and yet they're "scripted" to work in the original game, not to mention every game that's overhauled its interface via patch.

You're thinking in the days of yesterfar when it comes to disc content. Back when Columbus discovered that the world was round, and wild berries grew on every street corner, and gentlemen wore monocles. When cavewomen hunted for food while the cave husband kept watch of the cave children.

You what I'm talkin' 'bout.

ShagsterP

Levan said:
Its not a SmackDown Vs Raw patch though, it is the PS3 systems patch.

Which takes us back full circle to when I originally asked if it was a game or a system patch you were referring to. I WISH the developers would make a game patch, but I guess I'll just have to wait for next year's version.

wolfydog

Damn this is getting really confusing...I think I missed the part when you asked if it was a game patch so thats my bad.

Its a system patch they are releasing since they want this option for all games and sections to work.

Kolvix

I Got one (YAY) if anyone is looking for that one extra name to fill up their friends list or just wants someone to pay with PM me : D

Tudd

I'm presently enjoying a malfunctioning PS3 along with dealing with my insurance company just to use that mastercard extended warranty >.> Other than that... What I've seen of the new PSN store is pretty good. Its a much cleaner look. Its like the 360 Dashboard vs. XMB and I prefer the cleaner look of the XMB.

Arbiter

Totally Gay For Bridget!!
im currently enjoying Rock Band, which is kick ass. and im playing Oblivion as well. that game has got me hooked. although, im still waiting for Metal Gear Solid 4.

I went through the update for the store.. I should at least check it out. Hm. I finally got a small keyboard / text messaging style keyboard for the ps3, makes browsing and typing ALOT easier and whatnot. I neglect my systems :<

Shark_the_raptor

I'm in love with a pizza.
PS3 owner right here.

Games- Call of Duty3, Call of Duty4, Motorstorm, Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire, Mobile Suit Gundam: Dynasty Warriors, Virtua Fighter5, Grand Theft Auto VI

Movies- Pirates of the Carribbean, Ghost Rider, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

I'm tired of Xbox360 owners bashing the PS3.

Last edited:

RouShu_wolf

Ya know, I've played on a 360 and a PS3 (which I own)...and honestly, I don't see all the hype about the 360.

Ok sure, it has Halo...for someone who hates Halo, I don't see what else the 360 has to offer me. I love my PS3, and my Ratchet and Clank, and possibly Jak and Daxter release in the future. For someone who doesn't like sports, racing or FPS, I think the PS3 is an ideal choice.

The Wii is a close second choice, but Sony will always dominate in my world.

Tudd

360 also doesn't have Metal Gear Online :p I've only played it for a couple hours but it was amazing. ^^

RouShu wolf,

I wouldn't exactly say 360 has better racing games... the best selling racing game is Gran Turismo, which calls the PS consoles home. For realism it really is one of the best.

ShagsterP

Happy day. I got to play the MGO beta as well, and thought it was fun. I only like online multiplayer games if they incorporate some sort of team-based squad tactics, which is why I feel I completely wasted my money on Call of Duty 4, uninstalled it, and plan on never playing again.

But anyway, has anybody else used Japanese network cards to gain yen for the Japanese PSN? I did and got a few games, almost all classic fighters: King of Fighters 99, Last Blade, Guilty Gear, Bloody Roar, and Metal Slug X.

Tudd

Well definately no GTA IV for you then!

As for the classics... I wasn't even aware the network cards were availible in any region. Do you miss the translated text?

ShagsterP

When I say online multiplayer games, I mean the ones that are specifically built for that main purpose (even if there's a singleplayer component), ie. Battlefield, Call of Duty 4, MGO, Frontlines, etc. I've already been playing GTA4; too bad friend invites are all still screwed up for me when it comes to its online functionality.

As for buying network cards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHwyiiueAqY

A lot of Japanese games are actually in English, text and all. Besides, you don't need to know much to play fighting games.

Tudd

I'd say thats one of the issues the PSN hasn't entirely figured out. I find certain people cannot accept invitations from certain others on some days and others its fine. The only consistancy is the larger the party the more time we'll have to spend getting everyone in the party.

Thanks for the video. When I get my PS3 I might just have to take a look.

When I made the comment about the translated text I probably should have put in ;P smiley.

BritFoxx

The Hat Man
My PS3 hates me. It recently has decided to forget that it needs to register CDs in it.

I can put a CD in the thing, but it won't start up a game or anything, and I don't get very amused watching the background swirl about.

Tudd

Haha... Mine hates me even more! It refuses to output any useful video signal. Just some random square patterns in rainbow colours. Is yours still under warranty?

Last edited:

Mr Fox

Rainbows... Uber!
Wow whats that double even triple post from you tudd.. anywhy something ps3 related.. ummm Halo!

Oh wait :mad:

Sift

My ps3 died. Used it like, 3 times (ratchet and clank and when I first got it)
Got home with MGS4, and it didn't give me any audio/video or anything. Yeah, pretty upset with it. Tried several cables, bought some HDUI or whatever, they didn't work so... bah