• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Purge is racist?

Leon

Hot sammiches and cold beer.
Looked stupid, hate will smith. No desire.

Saga

absolutely disgusting
Not everything, just the idea that a rich white family is in danger because of a poor black man, unless it's just the director commenting on class wars.
They're in danger because a gang of maniacs are trying to kill them.

If anything, you're racist for assuming the man was poor. Im sick of everyone pulling the race card whenever a black guy and a white guy are present in the same movie.

Hypocritical post is hypocritical.

Hey.

Everyone hating on Michael Bay can go eat 3,000 chili dogs and die from overeating.

His explosions are fun to look at. Don't dis those explosions.

Lauralien

Just butting my way in here.
That new William Smith film? Tbh from the trailer it looked pretty good. Oh wait M. Night Whatever and Jaden 'My dad is Will Smith' Smith. Pass.

After Earth is like a person that tries way too hard to make you like them, only making them all the more unlikable. I wasn't expecting a great story by any means, but I found myself wishing the unbearable characterization/flashback segments would end already so we could just get on with it.

Oh well, I guess that's what I get for hoping for a good sci-fi.

Machine

Shrieking Possum Queen
Purge doesn't look scary enough to keep me interested, so fuck that.

Also, The Last Airbender made my eyes weep various amounts of fluids.

M. Night Shammamrnfdkjkdfgjf ruined my post-childhood.

Dreaming

I can't really comment since I hadn't even heard of this movie before now, is it a recent movie? Any commercial or context at least?

Would it be racist if it was a rich black family letting a poor white dude in their house only to have a black gang try to kill the white man and any black men who stand in the way?
*Reverse racism doesn't exist, didn't you know? You can't be racist against whites, it's socially and historically impossible

Yeah, don't remember seeing a black dude, but whatever, I don't take it as racist, it could have easily been a white stranger or a woman or homosexual or a fucking giraffe. Coincidence that it was a black guy.
He's killed by a white dude? in this film so there's obviously something wrong

Oh yeah, guys keep an eye out, these threads have a habit of finding their way into the SJW Tumblr communities

Last edited:

Bipolar Bear

Phallus Fellater
Hey, ever thought of it like this?

Maybe- Now just hear me out, okay? Maybe... Just maybe...

It shouldn't fucking matter if he's black or white. It's about a guy, being chased by a psychotic gang of murderers, who is let into the family's house by their stupid son and gets invaded by the murderous gang. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. No class wars, no racism, no bigotry of any kind. In fact, the only racism we're hearing of is coming from you.

Rigby

Diaperfurs 4 Lyfe
It shouldn't fucking matter if he's black or white. It's about a guy, being chased by a psychotic gang of murderers, who is let into the family's house by their stupid son and gets invaded by the murderous gang. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. No class wars, no racism, no bigotry of any kind. In fact, the only racism we're hearing of is coming from you.

keyword: shouldn't

believe it or not, but walk out into the real world and people still give big fucks about skin color one way or another

Arshes Nei

Masticates in Public
After Earth is like a person that tries way too hard to make you like them, only making them all the more unlikable. I wasn't expecting a great story by any means, but I found myself wishing the unbearable characterization/flashback segments would end already so we could just get on with it.

Oh well, I guess that's what I get for hoping for a good sci-fi.

After Earth is an unnecessary big budget obstacle course movie that reminds you that teenage boys listen to jack shit of what their parents tell them.

Elkie

It's a movie. Calm down. I'm 100% sure that the director or whoever the fuck hires actors didn't go "Well Jesus heck I think I need a black guy to be in this just so he can be the cause of a white family being killed lololol WHITE SUPREMACY~~~"

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Herp a derp.

On a side note... why does anything with black people in it racist? Seriously stahp with the everything with black people in it is racists thing people.

To avoid hurting or offending racial and ethnic minorities, clearly, we as white people need to avoid depicting or referencing ethnic and racial minorities in any form of media.

Hey, it worked for Guess Who!

:V

MorbiusMonster

It only comes across as indirectly racist when you look at in a certain angle. However, I just see the plot as lacklustre and largely pointless. What would the government have to gain by allowing crime to be legal for 24 hours? It can't be used to incriminate anyone as anything they do during that time was technically legal so the police can't do anything about it. Similarly why does it focus on murder or manslaughter being the first resort in 24 hours lawlessness when most people would rather just simply get up to simple offences like speeding or littering - then again you would think that most people wouldn't resort to crime, even when the option is there to do it, a lot of people have a stronger moral character than you think.

Justthedoctor

Destroyer
We are out of the 1930s, that's why the filmmakers figured it wouldn't matter which races they portrayed in the movie.

They sort of assumed people wouldn't be all like: "HOLY SHIT! THAT GUY! DID YOU SEE THAT? THAT GUY OVER THERE WHO WAS A BAD GUY! HE WAS BLACK! BLACK PEOPLE CAN'T BE BAD GUYS, THAT'S RACIST!"

Watched it today, and was more put off by the fact that "All crime is legal" = "Nothing but murder happens" than "homeless black guy". You'd have to connect some dots that really aren't there to get racism out of that.