• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Root of All Evil...

What is the worst aspect of the fandom, in your opinion?

• Total voters

TheGodComplex

Well, I've been thinking about negative aspects of the furry fandom. Like bestiality, CP, and other stuff. I wanna know people's opinions on this stuff.
Like, I'm totally against bestiality. It's rape, plain and simple. CP is just a crime, fur or no. On lifestyling, I find it rather silly, but nothing too bad. On plushophilia, it's just masturbation, although a rather weird way of it :V
I read that as ``fun or no`` and was going to bitch you out. Luckily I reread that before posting, no?

Voted for the last option because I (allegedly) will fuck anything with a dick and a hole.

Desert_Lioness_Tallio

Of Aphrodite and Adonis.
The Den is basically FAF's "infected" area. Think of the stereotypical furries (such as yourself) as the zombies, while the rest of the board (for the most part) are survivors.

That's pretty much how it goes.

please enlighten me as to how I am 'stereotypical.' I don't believe I quite fit the stereotypical role of a furry, seeing as everybody stereotypes furries as those who like yiff. I am not into that in the least. I just enjoy dressing up and using my skills as an artist to create works of art.

PenningtontheSkunk

What is this internet?

Zrcalo

I STALK PRINCIPLES
we dont have a problem with CP in this fandom....
at least... that I know of...

EdieFantabulous

Admurrable Admurral
What's CP?

foxmusk

uh oh stinky
Laughing like santa = HOH HOH HOHHHH
Explain = you're basically saying HATE THE CRIME, NOT THE PERSON HURRR
Which is fucking stupid. Take Jeffrey Dahmer for example.
Would you hate killing people? Or would you hate him because he knows that killing people is bad and takes pleasure in it?

By the "hate the crime, not the person" bullshit logic, you'd love people like Dahmer.

aw fuck clayton THE THREAD WAS DYING. i'd like to kick you violently.

i don't hate jeffrey dahmer, nor would i have. why? because that's why he did what he did. because he was hated. that's why columbine happened. that's why the manson family did what they did. the boys at columbine were hated, and no one listened. the teenagers under charlie manson did what they did because no one cared about them, so they flocked to charlie, who loved them, who treated them like family. these people don't need to be hated, they need to be talked to.

Gavrill

ladies~
please enlighten me as to how I am 'stereotypical.' I don't believe I quite fit the stereotypical role of a furry, seeing as everybody stereotypes furries as those who like yiff. I am not into that in the least. I just enjoy dressing up and using my skills as an artist to create works of art.

"Zodiac spirit". What the hell is that supposed to mean.

Volkodav

Dad****er
aw fuck clayton THE THREAD WAS DYING. i'd like to kick you violently.

i don't hate jeffrey dahmer, nor would i have. why? because that's why he did what he did. because he was hated. that's why columbine happened. that's why the manson family did what they did. the boys at columbine were hated, and no one listened. the teenagers under charlie manson did what they did because no one cared about them, so they flocked to charlie, who loved them, who treated them like family. these people don't need to be hated, they need to be talked to.
We should hate the act of beating a dog with a bat and not the person who is beating the dog with a bat

Summercat

Former Motterator
I have no idea man. The Den is like a clusterfuck in and of itself, moderating it? Uhh, good luck I guess |3

Oh, I came up with an idea on how to do it. I just need higher-up approval, then to announce it.

RedFoxTwo

Sarcastic Lurker
Yeah, and I'm supposed to moderate this.

Where the heck do I start with this thread.

By deleting it outright.
However The Den's ability to flog dead horses to the bone will leave you a broken and dishevelled wreck within a week.

Therefore I applaud you for your commitment.

RedFoxTwo

Sarcastic Lurker
Ok, y'know what? F*** this: I'm bringing the psycology of evolution to this sadly pathetic article.

1. Humans are decended from primates.

2. Primate social structure in Chimpanzees is all about the control of territory and the fission and fusion of alliances. The psyche of Chimps is hardwired by evolutionary pressure to favour those good at dealing with others socially rather then physically; as a result, a system of alliances came about which used conformism and reciprocal virtue to establish distinct social groups.

3. These groups are kept seperate by the negative feedback of the abovementioned factors. Over the evolution of the species, this solidified into a hardwired sense of "us" and "them" and this is also true of Homo Sapiens.

4. This distinction causes the mind to become uneasy when one of these factors is not present. Hence, lonely people go crazy. But what if there is no "them" becuase of unification? The mind would also break down, but instead of doing so, it exploits the most suitable difference between members of the group so as to seperate them and make a schism. This sets the mind at ease again.

5. Don't believe me yet? Let me back up with examples: You and your Scottish friends are rival to the guys at the pub. However you unite to support your local football team, Celtic. When a UK wide competition arises, Celtic and Rangers supporters put aside their differences to support the Scotland Team. When the olympics comes around, you cease to fight the English and come together as the UK against Europe. When faced with an overseas crisis, Europe unites to take it on.

DO YOU SEE WHAT I'M SAYING!?

People will always exploit any xenophobic interest that they can in order to be enemies to someone - anyone. This applies locally to this dying thread.

Q. E. D. Beesatches. :cool: