• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Sexuality Poll Megathread

What's your Sexual Orientation

• Kinsey 0 - Fully Straight, Heterosexual

Votes: 46 22.9%
  • Kinsey 1 - Mostly Straight, 'Heteroflexible'

Votes: 20 10.0%
  • Kinsey 2 - Bi leaning Straight

Votes: 22 10.9%
  • Kinsey 3 - Bisexual, 50-50

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Kinsey 4 - Bi leaning Gay

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Kinsey 5 - Mostly Gay, 'Homoflexible'

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Kinsey 6 - Fully Gay, Homosexual

• Kinsey X - Asexual

• Other (Pan/Demi/Gray-A/Tumblrsexual)

Votes: 15 7.5%
  • I have no idea/Still figuring it out/Hitler did nothing wrong!

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

Filter

Scallywag
I'm fully straight, but don't go out of my way to seem macho or whatever. To each their own. I don't even watch sports, lol.

Wildhoney

The Malevolent Ottsel
Attracted to femininity, though tomboys can be a bit fun... so I guess that makes me Bi but leaning towards straight.

Appalachia

I have to go with Asexual.
While I very much have sexual interests and desires that I would mainly classify as "Bi-leaning starlight" (I think the male body is very attractive, but a man's face snaps me outta that pretty quick lol) I would never actually want to act on them.

Mokerel

The Newbie
I've uh... Wow, I don't think I've been on this site long enough for this, but what the hell. I rang up a 1, not a huge surprise given that I've been dating the same girl for a year and half, but that doesn't mean I haven't had... relations with guys before. Once. Just... once.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
I have to go with Asexual.
While I very much have sexual interests and desires that I would mainly classify as "Bi-leaning starlight" (I think the male body is very attractive, but a man's face snaps me outta that pretty quick lol) I would never actually want to act on them.
I'm kind of in this camp too, actually. It's not that I'm a robot when it comes to sex, it's more that I'm fine with just keeping it in my head. I've tried a few things with an ex girlfriend, and they just didn't go anywhere. You can only chalk up "it won't stay up" to nervousness like twice.

Figure it's just not something my body wants to do.

Appalachia

I'm kind of in this camp too, actually. It's not that I'm a robot when it comes to sex, it's more that I'm fine with just keeping it in my head. I've tried a few things with an ex girlfriend, and they just didn't go anywhere. You can only chalk up "it won't stay up" to nervousness like twice.

Figure it's just not something my body wants to do.

I'm in a similar boat. I'll avoid the nitty-gritty, but I have had Sexual Aversion disorder my entire life. That is to say, while I certainly have a sex drive the, er... well let's say that thing that sex leads to that's supposed to feel all super great, makes me feel freaking terrible. It's been this way my whole life, so naturally I became conditioned against doing any smexystuffs. That's putting it lightly actually.

But yeah, I didn't learn until very recently that you can totally have sexual interests and still consider yourself Asexual :)

Spicy Tuna

Wow. These are not the results I was expecting. Here I was worried I wouldn't fit in here, and I ended up finding a ton of people in the same boat as me.

I find people of all genders sexy, I always have. But the idea of sex itself always weirded me out. I thought I would learn to like it, but I never did. I guess that makes me asexual, and there's a lot more of us than I thought.

CyberMark

Straight, but at times I get gay thoughts, then feel sick on my stomach, but then I say " damn that guy is handsome!".

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
I'm curious where being exclusively attracted (sexually) to guys, with the sole exception of pegging lands me.

Appalachia

Wow. These are not the results I was expecting. Here I was worried I wouldn't fit in here, and I ended up finding a ton of people in the same boat as me.

I find people of all genders sexy, I always have. But the idea of sex itself always weirded me out. I thought I would learn to like it, but I never did. I guess that makes me asexual, and there's a lot more of us than I thought.

Asexuals are in a minority IF you incorrectly consider 'Asexual' to mean 'not experiencing any sexual attraction whatsoever.' And due to a lot of misinformation, just about everyone thinks of Asexuality that way.
But you can absolutely experience sexual attraction or even participate in sexual activities and still be Asexual :)

Gator

Uncledaddy
if you experience sexual attraction and a desire to participate in sex, then that sounds to me like you are a sexual person. not sure where asexual fits in with that, as it would by definition be a lack of interest in/desire for sex. explain, please?

Volkodav

Dad****er
I've heard of asexuals masturbating, but it doesn't make sense to me for an asexual (lack of sexual attraction/orientation) to say "wow that guy is hot, I want his cock in my vagina"

Appalachia

if you experience sexual attraction and a desire to participate in sex, then that sounds to me like you are a sexual person. not sure where asexual fits in with that, as it would by definition be a lack of interest in/desire for sex. explain, please?

Just as straight person may have the occasional though or fantasy that involves other males, such thoughts do not make that person gay or bi.
Many Asexuals participate in sexual activity so as to not alienate partners.

I highly recommend "The Invisible Orientation: An Introduction to Asexuality" by Julie Decker for anyone interested in knowing more. It's a great read and involve lots of science and quotes from people much smarter than me who can explain the matter much better than I can XD

But yes, one can very much have sexual thoughts or participate in sex and still consider oneself Asexual :)

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Just as straight person may have the occasional though or fantasy that involves other males, such thoughts do not make that person gay or bi.

How so? If their vag is getting wet over their hot pheromone filled bodies...or their cock engorges with blood upon the thought of their locker room buddy kissing them...that's fairly...sexual. The Kinsey Scale is a wonderful representation of human sexuality. I used to go around saying I was Asexual too when I had homosexual (heavy, heavy sexy hella gay) attractions. I just assumed I was asexual because I never met a RL person I wanted to fuck. That was until I was taken off a certain medication and then guys around me seemed shit fookin sexy.

I believe Asexuality exists but I think a lot of people mislabel themselves.

Appalachia

How so? If their vag is getting wet over their hot pheromone filled bodies...or their cock engorges with blood upon the thought of their locker room buddy kissing them...that's fairly...sexual. The Kinsey Scale is a wonderful representation of human sexuality. I used to go around saying I was Asexual too when I had homosexual (heavy, heavy sexy hella gay) attractions. I just assumed I was asexual because I never met a RL person I wanted to fuck. That was until I was taken off a certain medication and then guys around me seemed shit fookin sexy.

I believe Asexuality exists but I think a lot of people mislabel themselves.

Because, as I said, our thoughts do not equal our orientation. Asexuality is not at all limited to the distinction of 'no sexual thoughts or feelings whatsoever.'
I have a lot of sexual thoughts and attractions but I would never, ever act on them. Asexuals can very much be comfortably labeled as such for a notable low interest in actually participating in sexual activity.
And even then, as I said, some Asexuals will engage in sexual activity for the sake of not alienating a partner, or to fit it, or for other reasons.

Asexuality absolutely exists. But there is sadly an awful not of misinformation about it which leads to a lot of misunderstanding.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Because, as I said, our thoughts do not equal our orientation. Asexuality is not at all limited to the distinction of 'no sexual thoughts or feelings whatsoever.'
I have a lot of sexual thoughts and attractions but I would never, ever act on them. Asexuals can very much be comfortably labeled as such for a notable low interest in actually participating in sexual activity.
And even then, as I said, some Asexuals will engage in sexual activity for the sake of not alienating a partner, or to fit it, or for other reasons.

Asexuality absolutely exists. But there is sadly an awful not of misinformation about it which leads to a lot of misunderstanding.

It also seems many people are still deciding on what it is. :p

Appalachia

It also seems many people are still deciding on what it is. :p

Not at all.
Asexuality is characterized by low or absent sexual attraction/desire and/or by a low or absent interest in participating in sexual activity.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Not at all.
Asexuality is characterized by low or absent sexual attraction/desire and/or by a low or absent interest in participating in sexual activity.

I don't really understand the need to lump heterosexuals and homosexuals with existent sex drives into the asexual category. Are all women who experience periods asexual during their time of the month? It's misinformation. Asexuals are often considered weird due to their lack of sex drive for grown adults. Everyone who experiences sexual attraction can understand low sex drive. We're not all frat boys after all.

This is what I'm talking about mislabeling. It seems everyone wants to be "different". Hell, imo the mast majority of people are bisexual. They just don't want to come to grips with their thoughts and attractions. It's easier to just tell a falsehood. And falsehoods are dangerous.

Appalachia

I don't really understand the need to lump heterosexuals and homosexuals with existent sex drives into the asexual category. Are all women who experience periods asexual during their time of the month? It's misinformation. Asexuals are often considered weird due to their lack of sex drive for grown adults. Everyone who experiences sexual attraction can understand low sex drive. We're not all frat boys after all.

This is what I'm talking about mislabeling. It seems everyone wants to be "different". Hell, imo the mast majority of people are bisexual. They just don't want to come to grips with their thoughts and attractions. It's easier to just tell a falsehood. And falsehoods are dangerous.

I'm not lumping heterosexuals or homosexuals into any category, I am only talking about Asexuals and I'm just telling you the facts. No, heterosexuals aren't asexual just because they're in a low swing. Asexuality is an *orientation,* not a period of 'meh, not into it at the moment.'
Again, I encourage anybody interested in these facts to do more research on their own as I have, it's quite illuminating and clears up quite a lot. It's not at all complicated.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Asexuality is an *orientation,*

An interesting position. I've been on asexual forums before and I have had a few asexual friends. (One was a romantic one <3) And they seemed to favor the idea that asexuality was not an orientation...but a lack of one entirely. (Similar to how atheists are not a religion but a lack there of...only atheists choose to be that of course. Asexual don't choose anything.) I must say its a bit arrogant of you to claim they are wrong in thinking that. Why are you correct and they wrong?

And one more question if you don't mind. Men and Women and Others who grow old...they lose their interest in sex. It's a fact of life. According to your definition the fate of all orientations is to become the asexual one, no?

Appalachia

An interesting position. I've been on asexual forums before and I have had a few asexual friends. (One was a romantic one <3) And they seemed to favor the idea that asexuality was not an orientation...but a lack of one entirely. (Similar to how atheists are not a religion but a lack there of...only atheists choose to be that of course. Asexual don't choose anything.) I must say its a bit arrogant of you to claim they are wrong in thinking that. Why are you correct and they wrong?

And one more question if you don't mind. Men and Women and Others who grow old...they lose their interest in sex. It's a fact of life. According to your definition the fate of all orientations is to become the asexual one, no?

I never claimed any such thing :/
Your Asexual friends are experts on themselves and I most certainly make no claim to speak for them. But Asexuality is an Orientation. One classified by the description I have already given.

And no, again I make no such claim. A heterosexual man who ages and undergoes a natural loss of sex drive does not make one Asexual. Natural loss of sexual drive does not equal an orientation.

I hope it goes without saying that I'm not trying to debate with anyone, much less argue.
We're all buddies on the Kinsey spectrum here XD

I have, however, done research on Asexuality for may years in an attempt to understand both the Orientation and myself. But as i said earlier, there are people much smarter than me out there who can explain it much better.
I once again encourage reading "The Invisible Orientation" for anyone who would like to know more. It's a very misunderstood thing, and I hope that those who would like to know more will take the opportunity to educate themselves :)

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
I once again encourage reading "The Invisible Orientation" for anyone who would like to know more. It's a very misunderstood thing, and I hope that those who would like to know more will take the opportunity to educate themselves :)

I'll do that. I still believe that this is an "orientation" that is very new in its classification, but I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about it with me. If that came across as a persnickety debater I hope you will not hold it against me.

I found what you had to say quite interesting.

Gator

Uncledaddy
i'd like to know what someone is called who does not experience sexual attraction, but still desires and enjoys sex (not just having it for the sake of a partner, but actually being a sexual person, themselves).
this is why i don't think "asexual" in the sense of "one who does not desire sex" can be considered an orientation, especially if some people who do not desire sex at all do still experience physical attraction to one gender or another. heterosexuality, as an orientation, is a sexual attraction to members of the opposite sex. likewise, homosexuality and bisexuality also refer to the sex/gender(s) which are the objects of one's sexual attraction. this is regardless of any desire to engage in sexual acts with said individuals. one can be heterosexual (or *insert other orientation here*) and celibate, dysfunctional, or simply uninterested in having sex at that time or with that person. so why would an asexual, following this pattern, not simply be defined as someone who does not experience sexual attraction, regardless of desire or lack thereof to actually have sex? where does that leave people who fit into the category described above? i think a lack of interest in sexual activity would be something else entirely, not relevant to orientation.

Last edited: