• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Sexuality Poll Megathread

What's your Sexual Orientation

• Kinsey 0 - Fully Straight, Heterosexual

Votes: 46 22.9%
  • Kinsey 1 - Mostly Straight, 'Heteroflexible'

Votes: 20 10.0%
  • Kinsey 2 - Bi leaning Straight

Votes: 22 10.9%
  • Kinsey 3 - Bisexual, 50-50

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Kinsey 4 - Bi leaning Gay

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Kinsey 5 - Mostly Gay, 'Homoflexible'

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Kinsey 6 - Fully Gay, Homosexual

• Kinsey X - Asexual

• Other (Pan/Demi/Gray-A/Tumblrsexual)

Votes: 15 7.5%
  • I have no idea/Still figuring it out/Hitler did nothing wrong!

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
Wait. I don't get it.

In that case is the person saying that man or a woman? Cause... It could be both, depending on the reference point. Pls, gendered pronouns, hulp.

So, pansexual is attracted to a fenotype?

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
Wait. I don't get it.

In that case is the person saying that man or a woman? Cause... It could be both, depending on the reference point. Pls, gendered pronouns, hulp.

So, pansexual is attracted to a fenotype?

No.

Bisexuality is being attracted to two or more gender presentations, etc. (not just make/female)
And Pansexuality is like asexuality but you CAN be attracted to someone sexually as a person.

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
No.

Bisexuality is being attracted to two or more gender presentations, etc. (not just make/female)
And Pansexuality is like asexuality but you CAN be attracted to someone sexually as a person.

Still don't get it. Ok, let me put it this way

A woman is attracted to a man (woman?) who is a trans-man and she knows about it.
So in that case is she straight, homosexual, bi, or what the fuck?

Another case - linked above There's something about Miriam. What would you call those guys? Straights? Prejudiced straights?

Because for sure people from both examples don't have same orientations.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Still don't get it. Ok, let me put it this way

A woman is attracted to a man (woman?) who is a trans-man and she knows about it.
So in that case is she straight, homosexual, bi, or what the fuck?

Bisexuals are attracted to both the same and opposite sex.

Pansexuals can be attracted to any sex, including hermaphrodites* and transexuals. The word 'pan' means 'all'.

*For some reason they often prefer to be called 'intersex', even though hermaphrodite is technically correct and is in common use for all other animals.

I sexually identify as a potato :>

Hot

Potato

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
Bisexuals are attracted to both the same and opposite sex.

Pansexuals can be attracted to any sex, including hermaphrodites* and transexuals. The word 'pan' means 'all'.

*For some reason they often prefer to be called 'intersex', even though hermaphrodite is technically correct and is in common use for all other animals.

Can I get straight answer please?

Ariosto

Essentially, Bisexuals are not attracted to hermaphrodites or transexuals, but Pansexuals are.
I'm starting to suspect bisexuality as a category is very limitting and hard to define properly... (it sort of upholding the gender binary and such)... or rather, that the way we interpret the sexuality tags in itself has some sort of intrinsic flaw at its core.

Fallowfox

Absolutely. If a man has a fenotype of a woman, looks and behaves as a woman then... well...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There's_Something_About_Miriam

...the fuck did I jus' read?

I'm starting to suspect bisexuality as a category is very limitting and hard to define properly... (it sort of upholding the gender binary and such)... or rather, that the way we interpret the sexuality tags in itself has some sort of intrinsic flaw at its core.

Don't be silly, the word 'Bisexual' does a wonderful job because its meaning is crystal clear.

Volkodav

Dad****er
Homosexual = I like the same sex
Bisexual = I like men and women
Heterosexual = I like the opposite sex
Pansexual = I like you regardless of what's between your legs, or what your mental gender is

That's how I udnerstand it.
Pansexuality includes trans, and IMO is pretty stupid because it isolates trans people as an "other"

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
Essentially, Bisexuals are not attracted to hermaphrodites or transexuals, but Pansexuals are.

So a person attracted to:
a) people of the opposite sex and gender
b) people of the same sex but with the opposite gender
only would be still called pansexual?

But it collides with the very definition of the pansexualism. And it isn't bi. So what do you call it? Heterosexual pansexual? Ungh...

...the fuck did I jus' read?

You didin't know about it? I thought this show was famous enough.

Fallowfox

So a person attracted to:
a) people of the opposite sex and gender
b) people of the same sex but with the opposite gender
only would be still called pansexual?

But it collides with the very definition of the pansexualism. And it isn't bi. So what do you call it? Heterosexual pansexual? Ungh...

Neither a nor b defy pansexuality, because pansexuality includes everything.

I will draw a nested diagram of a few sexual orientations, to explain this, later.

Ariosto

Don't be silly, the word 'Bisexual' does a wonderful job because its meaning is crystal clear.
I don't know man, sexuality is hard in general. Too many factors and unrecognized/underexposed/understudied realities to consider.

Homosexual = I like the same sex
Bisexual = I like men and women
Heterosexual = I like the opposite sex
Pansexual = I like you regardless of what's between your legs, or what your mental gender is

That's how I udnerstand it.
Pansexuality includes trans, and IMO is pretty stupid because it isolates trans people as an "other"
I think I could maybe get behind this post.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
50-50, but I'd have relations with a trans person regardless.

Ieono

Uberaffe
I'd definitely get with someone working in the transportation industry.

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
But according to the definition pansexuality shouldn't exclude people of the same sex and gender or/and different sex but same gender.

One thing now I know for sure. Those definitions aren't worth a shit.

Last edited:

Volkodav

Dad****er
I'd definitely get with someone working in the transportation industry.

I heard through the grapevine that RedSavage is a truck-stop hooker
"Hauls milk" in a tank truck my ass. We all know what that's an euphamism for

But according to the definition pansexuality shouldn't reject people of the same sex and gender or different sex but same gender.

One thing now I know for sure. Those definitions aren't worth a shit.
It doesn't, pansexually literally includes everybody.
That's where my problem lays.

Why can't we just lump trans people under homosexuality or heterosexuality?
Why can't I be with a trans man and say "I'm a homosexual"? Why do I need to label myself a heterosexual?
This is because people would say "well the pre-op trans man still has a vagina so that makes you hetero" and I'd be like "no, because not all men have penises"

Pansexuality IMO seems like an orientation made up so that we can stick trans men and trans women under an "other" umbrella. It's a subtle way of saying "not a real man"/"not a real woman" when we should really just consider it homosexuality or heterosexuality regardless of their sex.

Last edited:

Naesaki

JRPG Fanatic
All I know is I'm a definite 6, I've never had sexual attraction to women at all, while my bf is a 5 in that he can find women very attractive and appealing but he's never had the desire to date or sleep/have sex with women, he vastly prefers men, especially of the bearish build variety, which is the category I'm in build wise xD

Ieono

Uberaffe
Thank you,
I aint too good with the smarts some of the times

I'm just trying to attract our resident grammar nazi, the goddess herself, the one and only RedSavage.

Ariosto

I should've answered 6, but I put a 5 just maybe in case, even if that isn't how I feel at all.
In the case somebody's forcing you into a sexuality you don't want, how do you counter the 'you won't know until you try' argument?

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
It doesn't, pansexually literally includes everybody.
That's where my problem lays.

Why can't we just lump trans people under homosexuality or heterosexuality?
Why can't I be with a trans man and say "I'm a homosexual"? Why do I need to label myself a heterosexual?
This is because people would say "well the pre-op trans man still has a vagina so that makes you hetero" and I'd be like "no, because not all men have penises"

Pansexuality IMO seems like an orientation made up so that we can stick trans men and trans women under an "other" umbrella. It's a subtle way of saying "not a real man"/"not a real woman" when we should really just consider it homosexuality or heterosexuality regardless of their sex.

Only one thing I know for sure. Holocaust was a lie.