• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Shooting Sports

Tigercougar

So my mate took me to the shooting range and I shot a couple of his and his stepdad's rifles. Coming from someone who doesn't know anything about guns, is squarely a city person, and has never been too comfortable around guns...it was kinda fun. Not something I'd mind doing again. So, who here is a fan of going to the shooting range and hitting a few targets, or whatever way you practice your shooting skill?

Percy

o-o
I enjoy going to the range with my dad. My dad recently was given a revolver by my grandfather, and we got to test that out a few weeks ago. It was fun. c:

TeenageAngst

Banned
Banned
I've never been shooting aside from .22s in the scouts and a shotgun that nearly blew my damn 10-year-old arm off.

Avlenna

Shadow of the Night
I have a friend in the army that I occasionally shoot with. He either lets me shoot one of his guns or I shoot my moms bow. It is such a thrill!

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
Haha, we have 3 acres of our own and like 200 acres of empty woods behind it; so we have a nice big pile of dirt to shoot into in our back yard. :D

As for the sports side, I love competitive shooting and was on my school's rifle team for four years. c:

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
Despite being surrounded by weapons since childhood, I can't say I'm fond of them.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
So my mate took me to the shooting range and I shot a couple of his and his stepdad's rifles. Coming from someone who doesn't know anything about guns, is squarely a city person, and has never been too comfortable around guns...it was kinda fun. Not something I'd mind doing again. So, who here is a fan of going to the shooting range and hitting a few targets, or whatever way you practice your shooting skill?
I do. Though where I live the only indoor shooting range only allows handguns(no.50cal)and shotguns. I go there when I wanna play with my Kimber, otherwise I gotta drive into the canyon to the outdoor range I play with my rifles.

Last time I was there a dude was shooting a Barrett. You can feel that fucker in the chest on all the way across the range.

Last edited:

Tigercougar

I have a friend in the army that I occasionally shoot with. He either lets me shoot one of his guns or I shoot my moms bow. It is such a thrill!

They had a bow too and I just COULD NOT pull that string thing back to shoot it. I didnt realize you needed that much upper body strength. Robin Hood lied to me!

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I've never fired an actual gun, but I'd love to go skeet shooting one day

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I shoot all the time.

On the xbox...

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I tried paintballing, not exactly shooting. It was allright and I didn't bruise as badly as I expected. I was a bit frustrated with my experienced friends; they spent their matches hiding behind cover chatting. I got shot but at the very least I ran around and had some fun.

I also arched when I was 11. I wasn't very good. x3 Thankfully neither were the other children; some were trying to hit rabbits they could see at the back of the field instead of the targets.

badlands

drunken pirate
do a bit of clay shooting with the 12 bore during the summer (i am not going up on the moors in the winter). 'tis good fun and funny to watch newcomers hurt themselves when they let the stock get away from their shoulder at the trap.

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
I have never held a real gun in my life.

lol America

TheGatekeeper

IT'S A Corvette Engine!!!
I love going to range and fire off a bunch of rounds. A range near me allows rapid fire if they know that you can handle a gun correctly. The problem with that is I can go through a few hundred bucks of ammo in less than a 1/2 hour :(. It's so fun to shoot though, so it's worth it. I love my SCAR 17s and my PS90, the .308 round ALWAYS gets the attention of others at the range and 50 rounds from the PS90 in about 5 seconds is just a blast. Semiauto of course. Also my .500 Smith & Wesson 9" is the loudest gun usually at the range. I love it when people look at me like OMG WTF was that, when they can feel the pressure at their lane 10 lanes away.

Zydrate Junkie

Name and rank soldier!
I love to do more shooting but Britain is hardly the place for it. I've shot a few things at a NRA open day in 2011 which I did okay at with an Enfield (no. 4 I think) making it overall a fun day.
Apart from that It's mostly air rifles when I have a spare minute, but they just don't feel quite the same.

Fernin

6150 rpm and spinning.
I enjoy long range shooting, nothing more satisfying than getting all the variables just right to put a shot on target from a couple football fields away. On the competitive side I love airsoft, but that's more an issue of wits than actual shooting I suppose.

I've always wanted to shoot a gun, but there's no shooting range here. The only thing I've ever shot was my BB gun.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
Target shooting is great fun if you have something interesting to set up as a target. I want to see if my uncle's Maadi RML (Egyptian AK clone) still works after being put in storage for several years.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

Percy

o-o
I actually went shooting earlier. I shot a .357 magnum round for the first time. Recoil is fun.