• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Sims

AdelynBlair

Adelyn the Dutch Angel Dragon
This game is addicting! I have to walk away from it sometimes. What is it about The Sims that is so addicting? I have no idea. The last time I played I was playing The Sims 3 with the Supernatural expansion. No matter who I play I always end up killing the NPC characters. Am I a bad person? XD

DennyFrontier

Noir York City
I remember playing it for the first time when it was new—The Sims immediately worked its way to my heart and became my favorite game. Still, after 17 years, I play this game and enjoy it as much as I did the day I bought it and I have no intention on letting up. Nothing on this Earth can compete with the atmosphere of the original game. The music was orchestrated specifically to give every corner of that game its own unique feeling. The buy mode was orchestrated to sound like a shopping center simply to evoke the feeling of joy while you fill your home with new and exciting products... And the build mode orchestrated to sound like construction... Progress... The slow and delicate touch you craft together to create the perfect home from which to build a family later on. From the sights, and the sounds and the emphasis on jazz and classical music throughout their living world—this game is truly one of a kind. Besides, you don't know happiness until you hear the innocent barks of the adorable and playful puppies introduced in The Sims Unleashed. And then a few years later The Sims 2 came along and blew the first game out of the water by taking what existed from The Sims 1 and giving it exactly what was missing from the first game; no more, no less. From aging and driving to 3D graphics and immersive action details—all while retaining the magic and subtle nuances that made the first game so special. The Sims 2 was the perfect squeal to a perfect game.

And this of course leads us to The Sims 3 and 4, which failed in every way to live up to the standards of the first two and just ended being two absolutely terrible games. There is just far more bad than there is good in either of them. I have given The Sims 3 multiple chances to grow up me over the years (even after downloading all of the expansions) and it has proven time and time again to be nothing but an aggravating, disappointing and ugly pain in the ass. Between those two, the third is definitely better, but not even worth the time in my opinion. The ONLY good I have to say about both The Sims 3 and 4 combined is the open world aging process.

But of course all good things must end at one point or another. And as far as this series is concerned it ended with The Sims 2. This is probably the nerdiest thing about me and I have yet to meet someone who loves this game as much as I do. I understand your addiction, I'm a fellow sufferer. And NPC characters in The Sims are simply born to be murdered. Before the days of community aging, you would have to round up the neighborhood townies and start killing them off in bunches, because it starts getting weird when your great great great grandchild goes to college with the same guy you did. I'm glad to have found a random Sims post, it made my night talking about it :)

Yakamaru

Å nei, cringe
For every generation of The Sims I find new ways to kill off my Sims.

Fun watching them die in the most retarded of ways.

Good times, good times!

Friend of mine called it "The Serial Killer Simulator" and "Sociopath Simulator". Honestly, can't blame her. :D

Yakamaru

Å nei, cringe
Don't feel bad. I used to burn down all the poor sims house in Sim city 4.
((((Natural calamities))))
Like hellfire raining down, meteors hitting your city, aliens invading, a giant flood drowning everyone, +++++++++.

Good times! <3

Yakamaru

Å nei, cringe

AdelynBlair

Adelyn the Dutch Angel Dragon
My favorite was when I (accidentally) emotionally scarred my Sim's son. My Sim invited his coworkers over so he could kill them. My Sim's son became good friends with one of the victims. I tried so hard to keep his son away but I failed. Later another one of my Sim's son's friends spontaneously combusted because of a Sims 2 Seasons glitch.

Messed that kid up really bad.

davydonovan

Executor
Epic... I had to build a fence around the graveyard because my sim kept mourning. Feeling are dumb XD

Starbeak

Born in Space, endlessly exploring star-systems
:)

I used to play the original Sims before I lost the CD as well as the Sims 3 before it kept crashing.

I now play Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and Sims 4. It can be addictive for sure, primarily because you get to build your dream home and throw virtual people in it lol.

:)