• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Site Is A Lie

maxgoof

This was a failure.
I'm making a not here: Epic Crash
It's hard to keep the servers up and running.

Amateur coders.
Our searches are down because we suck
Donations that you send to us we don't know where they have gone.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake
Fur Affinity's searching have turned out to be fake.
And you gave us a ton
So our systems all could run
But the searches are all still a lie.

I bet you're all angry
Cuz everything's 404 not found
It's visitors, not DOS attacks that killed me. (No, really, it is...)

My website's in pieces
The servers all run like they're on fire.
As you wait it hurts because we don't know what we can do.

We just made a website without planning it well
We had no idea we'd be going through Hell
So we asked for your cash
To buy servers that would crash
Seems donations are all just a lie.

How long is "shortly"?
Been looking at this dumb fox for days.
Maybe you'll find someone else to host you.

Maybe furnation.
That was a joke. Haha. Don't leave.
Hardware in a cardboard box was just a figure of speech.

Maybe all the donations should buy servers next time.
But I got a new car
And some drinks down at the bar
While the servers are all still offline

Furnations's running and we are offline.
And so is VCL but we're offline.
We'll be back shortly but now we're offline.
We're up an hour but now we're offline.
We should all give up and just stay offline.
We're online!!
Back offline...

-- "The Site Is A Lie" by Corsi. A parody of "Still Alive" by Jonathan Coulton, from the game "Portal". Recorded versions can be found on on both Corsi's and maxgoof's site, when Fur Affinity is online, and on You Tube when it isn't.

T

TakeWalker

As a parody? This is damned good. It's nice to see someone who can actually excel at an artform that is usually passed over as hackneyed garbage.

As a message?

This was aBAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Fix't.

Eevee

Banned
Banned
changing every third word in a painfully over-popular song from a video game to insult people as harshly as you can manage sure is an impressive display of creative genius and far more work than what you're fumbling to criticize

bravo I say

Last edited:

Tigneon

Eat'n your cookiez since 2000
I've got to agree. I heard it before FA went down. Its not that bad.

+1 Cool points. :cool:

Juke

changing every third word in a painfully over-popular song from a video game to insult people as harshly as you can manage sure is an impressive display of creative genius and far more work than what you're fumbling to criticize

bravo I say
QFT! Its all about that harsh humor these days. ALL about it. Kids are all up on that.

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
Only funny thing about this whole thread is that you actually think you're funny.

Which is fuckin hilarious.

Ashkihyena

Back off man, I'm a scientist
This thread is truth.

Makki_Wolf

Crazy Wolfie
...I-... I Found this quite amusing actually :D

Rafeal

Lion Extra-ordinary
I'm not going to say I can do better... either coding or wording...

LOL

Kimmerset

Banned
Banned
Please use the portal reference one more time. It hasn't made me hurl yet, honestly.

as much as the parody song may have some points.......i cant take it serious, due to the source :\

Furnation? :|

FA may have an assload of issues, and aggravating problems,

But Furnation is not liked by people ether, for just as bad, if not worse reasons.

hypocritical i think.

Furnation is Fail, its no better at all.
whether its it the dead, bleh track record of a site, which had peoples sites deleted by a bad F'up i think, or the usually badly managed, griefer filled, sandbox hacker deathtrap, ghetto SL sim's they host, plus, Corsi has a bad rep i think, though i am not sure, i just see crap from lurking sites that talked about that person, not sure though.

but seriously, is there a certain motive for this thread and parody song? or you trying to be Luzly with some trolling copypasta portal furry site parody rewrite?

ether way, some may think its funny, and it could be to me even, but didn't laugh much after i saw where it came from, LOL Furnation.

no room to joke much, Furnation is no better. haha.

Good day sir! PN's on SL griefing furs and others in your sandbox is top notch sim moderation am i right? :3

Ashkihyena

Corsi did do a song based on We Didn't Start the Fire, but oh look, I can't link to it because a certain site is down...again, and it mentions Fap instead of Furnation in it, so, yeah.

Kimmerset

Banned
Banned
Corsi did do a song based on We Didn't Start the Fire, but oh look, I can't link to it because a certain site is down...again, and it mentions Fap instead of Furnation in it, so, yeah.

And as it has gone down in the past, so has it come up and you've gone right back to being completely happy with its existence. Have some patience and you can link it to us when it's back up and running.

Ashkihyena

And as it has gone down in the past, so has it come up and you've gone right back to being completely happy with its existence. Have some patience and you can link it to us when it's back up and running.

Whenever that is, and I was patient, I put up with it being down for a full month, and then wham, look what happens, it goes down, again, yeah, not cool.

Kimmerset

Banned
Banned
You and thousands of other people. Please take a number and a service representative will be with you shortly.

Ashkihyena

You and thousands of other people. Please take a number and a service representative will be with you shortly.

Well, honestly, its a bit disappointing, they have what, a $20 grand server and they can't even keep the site up for a full month.

Wolfblade

Jesus. Okay, to people insulting, yeah, been there done that, old hat, whatever.

To people insulting the people insulting: There's a REASON this is all done to death, and that kinda makes it so people have some justification being insulting.

16 grand in donations and a month of downtime and the site is already down again, for >whatever< reason, people DO most certainly have every right to bust your balls about it.

Sixteen fucking THOUSAND dollars in donations in little over a week, and you can't keep the site up for a fucking month. "you" is not meant to disrespect the administration in general, I know most of you guys do more than anyone should be expected to do for free, but it's either the hardware or the code, and the two guys on top of those two piles have had more than enough practice passing the buck by now.

*sits back and waits to see who's fault the downtime is because it sure as hell can't POSSIBLY be a booboo on the fault of either Neer or Yak.

furryskibum

Soo.... when's Ferrox going to be up and running? *headdesk*

Haystack

Sushi Doom
Eevee, there's a reason that FA's reliability is a running joke amongst some of its users. The criticism's going to be around as long as the site keeps going down every couple of weeks (I know, it's about as accurate as your "every third word" comment, but fair's fair, right?).

Whining about criticism doesn't fix the problems. Coding well, having reliable hardware (which, I presume, FA does have now), and having a reliable Net connection fix the problem.

Oh, BTW... when's Ferrox coming out? I trust that it's being stress-tested like a torture-loving furry being quartered French-style by elephants, yes?

Science Fox

Alien/Robot Rights Activist
Downtime is a good chance to draw or write. :) There is a small meteor shower tonight too, that can be seen well from the east coast US. :D

Swampwulf

Verbose Senior Bitch
*sits back and waits to see who's fault the downtime is because it sure as hell can't POSSIBLY be a booboo on the fault of either Neer or Yak.

I suggest they blame Alkora. I mean he wrote the code that it is/was limping along on till now, right? Might be a little hard to make stick because he hasn't messed with it for the better part of a year though...