• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Site Is A Lie

Rhainor

Rawr.
so then why does it take this long to get it up and running again?
Because we had to figure out what it was (which involved waiting for someone to come online who could do so), then call someone to drive to the colo and fix the cables, wait for that to be done, wait for the server to get its shit straight once its cables were fixed, and wait for it to run through a 'fsck' check, just to be on the safe side.

Arbiter

Totally Gay For Bridget!!
Because we had to figure out what it was (which involved waiting for someone to come online who could do so), then call someone to drive to the colo and fix the cables, wait for that to be done, wait for the server to get its shit straight once its cables were fixed, and wait for it to run through a 'fsck' check, just to be on the safe side.

and let me guess, you have no estimate at all when the site will be back up? or in fact when someonme can fix this?

Ashkihyena

Back off man, I'm a scientist
and let me guess, you have no estimate at all when the site will be back up? or in fact when someonme can fix this?

I'm predicting another month. Hopefully not though. Honestly, whoever decided to pull the plug should be fired, or demoted at the very least.

talk about nothing good lasts forever! FA only lastst for an moment lol xP

Cmdr-A

Adeptus Astartes
Guys, someone unplugged a cable. Calm down.

Indeed.

Its getting annoying especially most people on messengers, custom messages are already saying the money went to good use already, Not.

FA's been doing great the whole past month without any problems. And this was just a simple little mistake and people jump the guns already. Nice to see >.>

But I doubt that long. >.> Hour or so my best bet.

Eevee

Banned
Banned
Only when FA is down.
What do you do with the rest of your time? I can't imagine you actually use FA, as you seem to have nothing but contempt for it and everyone who works on it.

I'm predicting another month.
Do I get to call you incompetent or a liar or etc when this is wrong?

Hopefully not though. Honestly, whoever decided to pull the plug should be fired, or demoted at the very least.
Right, because we have power over the colo's HR.

Grimfang

Ok, this started last night. I check on the forums the next day, and I see the SAME users STILL here CONTINUING to throw a jab following every opportunity.

It's frustrating, yes. Deja vu, yes. We get it.

It's apparent that you'd like to see the site back up and running. Pissing all over those who are trying to get it to that state isn't going to do too much to speed up that process.

One thing you should look forward to though: FA's got a new set of biceps to do some heavy lifting. I haven't been keeping up with Ferrox updates and all, but FA downtime will probably be a not-too-rare occurrence (as bugs are continually being worked out, from what I've gather) until hopefully Ferrox takes over.

Or you can continue to camp out on the forums and be as snyde and condescending as you can manage.

Ashkihyena

Back off man, I'm a scientist
What do you do with the rest of your time? I can't imagine you actually use FA, as you seem to have nothing but contempt for it and everyone who works on it.

Actually, its not FA I have contempt for, its the hardware and coding and the colo that I have contempt for, and how its run, that too, but I still use it, when its up that is.

Do I get to call you incompetent or a liar or etc when this is wrong?

No, since someone pulling the plug is obviously not going to take as long as a server crash, and sarcasm doesn't work on the internet.

No, but its nice to know that the equipment is left in the hands of morons who don't know which ethernet cable goes where.

ahwell, when fa is down im not gonna sit allday.
ill practase my soccer skills

AlexInsane

I does what I says on the box.
I'm pretty sure that if FA came back right now, everyone would be like "So soon? IT CAME UP TOO SOON, TAKE THE SITE OFFLINE FOR ANOTHER HOUR, I NEED MY BITCH FIX."

Arbiter

Totally Gay For Bridget!!

no,. but you have a right to complain to the HR. your paying them so that your colo can be hosted there, you have a right to complain to them.

keeshah

Soon â„¢.

Seriously, though, yes, we have an estimate. Yak said in IRC it should be within the hour.

Lord Helmet: Whats this? when does this happen in the movie!
Col. Sanders: This is now sir, this is whats happening right now.
Lord helmet: What happened to then?
Col. Sanders: We missed it.
Lord Helmet: When?
Col. Sanders: Just then.
Lord Helmet: When will then, be now?
Col. Sanders: Soon!

maxgoof

If this were only the first time that the site had gone down, yes, you would have complainers, and you would have every right to heap scorn upon them.

But it is not the first time.

It is not the second time.

It is not the third time.

FA has gone down repeatedly. It has a reputation for going down. If it went down any more often, you would think it was the head cheerleader in high school.

The complainers complain about it because they like the interface of Fur Affinity. I certainly do, since it is the only furry site I know of where I can post music. So, when it goes down, they have lost something significant. When it goes down over and over and over with assurances each time that it would likely be the last time, they grow cynical.

I for one can no longer blame them.

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
If this were only the first time that the site had gone down, yes, you would have complainers, and you would have every right to heap scorn upon them.

But it is not the first time.

It is not the second time.

It is not the third time.

FA has gone down repeatedly. It has a reputation for going down. If it went down any more often, you would think it was the head cheerleader in high school.

The complainers complain about it because they like the interface of Fur Affinity. I certainly do, since it is the only furry site I know of where I can post music. So, when it goes down, they have lost something significant. When it goes down over and over and over with assurances each time that it would likely be the last time, they grow cynical.

I for one can no longer blame them.

Yiffstar can also post up music. They've been doing alot of improving lately along with adding a lot of features and such.