• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The south will rise again! South wants secession.

Makarov

Logic & Reason need not apply
Just to point out that it isn't just Southern States (as much as people love to hate on them). New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Oregon, Michigan, and a few others thus far also have petitions...

Aleu

Deuces
Just to point out that it isn't just Southern States (as much as people love to hate on them). New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Oregon, Michigan, and a few others thus far also have petitions...

So much for UNITED States. :u

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
As far as I'm aware, they're petitioning for something no state (except maybe Texas) can do. >_>
Pretty much. Texas is the only state that can legally leave.

As for the topic of "the south will have guns 'n a military" the most realistic scenario is that way beforehand the president would give orders to move our armed forces out of the southern states well beforehand any serious talks of secession began. As well as give orders for our troops to move out long before. They would probably also dismantle any nukes in the south and take them as well.

Schwimmwagen

Is it wierd that I like strong southern accents?

I mean as a britfag, it's something we only ever hear in the movies and when we see it in the flesh, it's just amazing and otherworldly.

Makarov

Logic & Reason need not apply
Pretty much. Texas is the only state that can legally leave.

Its also illegal to own pot. My point being there is a difference between it being legal/illegal and what happens/is enforced.

Also this is nothing new or old. There were secessionist movements before the Civil War (which is incorrectly named), and since. The Sioux have been trying to do this for decades . Also fun fact Scotland is voting to break away from GB in 2014 IIRC, and they might actually have the votes to do it. Same with Quebec...

Last edited:

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
Good.

Then we can invade them for their oil.

DrewlyYours

Buy the ticket, take the ride
What the hell isn't wrong with the South? Seriously, I don't see why people keep praising it. Everything from the attitude to the god-awful accents I hate.

Now what's wrong with our attitude? There's a diversity of attitudes all over the country. I highly doubt we have the highest percentage of shitty attitudes. Now, there's plenty of shitty people here just like anywhere else. It's all a matter of who you run across. I love the fact that I was raised in the south. Those people who are instilled with a sense of respect, duty and kindness may be a fleeting aspect but you just can't beet that REAL southern hospitality, which is just a southerners way of describing human kindness. It still exists but now you have to look harder for it.

HipsterCoyote

50 Shades of Gay
What the hell isn't wrong with the South? Seriously, I don't see why people keep praising it. Everything from the attitude to the god-awful accents I hate.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Do you like, not EAT? Or wear CLOTHES? Or use the fucking INTERNET? Watch TV, maybe? Have a bank account? Drive a car or ride a bus? USE FUCKING PLASTIC?

If you'd like to divorce yourself from Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, anything by General Motors, Nissan, or Volkswagen, that's fine since there are other cars and theyre all totally made in detroit and china right? Right, totally.

Besides, technology, not like, important, because they like, don't need NASA anymore, right? Or all of those military bases, fuck it, we don't need anything the South and its backwards ways can offer. We don't need anything the South gave us, the South is backwards. I don't know what the hell NASA and STRATFOR are doing here.

I don't have any pets and I never get sick or eat food or need medicine. The US would be better off without oh, all of its veterinarian schools worth a god damn. I mean, state of the art research facilities, the largest research park in the world, some of the best hospitals on the continent people fly across the glove for, ehhh fuck those. We can go to the other states for their almost-as-good stuff, right?

Besides all my food is from like Mexico and India and China and out of the country anyway, right? Totally! Besides, even if it isn't, I can go to Iowa and South Dakota for all of my corn produ...Oh wait that's all feed corn and I can't eat it. Whatever, whatever, I'll just pay even more for food and clothes brought in from overseas since I just got rid of uh, my corn, my cotton, my tobacco, all my wheat -- Fuck, I didn't like staple foods like fucking rice and flour and shit anyway.

Just as a perk, not necessary, I don't like coca-cola at all, and I don't eat blue bell icecream, so, you know, the South can go fuck itself.

And when I get bored, everything that has to do with entertainment is made in New York and California, right? Yeah! Of course! They don't outsource to Texas, right? The industry is ripe in California and New York! I don't know WHY people are moving away from those states in droves to come to Texas! Even if they do I never liked video games or TV, anyway. TimeWarner and such can just outsource even more and kill half of another industry.

I understand that if the south weren't part of the picture the north would not just let us HAVE all its resources but the point I'm trying to make is that the people that maintain all of the above are "backwards southerners", so, fucking, stop eating, stop driving, get off of the Internet, close your bank account, don't wear anything, and then you can tell me that the South is awful... Using smoke signals or homing pigeons or something, I guess, because you don't like the technology we are responsible for. Also stop watching TV, playing video games, don't ever think of calling a wrecker service or getting a pet you don't intend to keep alive, don't drink coca-cola anymore, don't ever go to a heart hospital again, don't text, don't use GPS, don't anything.

Washington, Jefferson, Madison, -- I don't need these guys, they were fuckers, right, even though they are responsible for the entire Unted States? They're from Virginia, fuck Virginia, those backwards bastards.

Monroe and Jackson can shove it too, so can Tyler and Polk and Johnson and Woodrow Wilson, and Abraham Lincoln, that fuckin' Kentucky bastard.

I, for one, love everything about the Southern attitude, so, allow me to indulge in things I don't say to people on account of how very Southern they are:

I Bless your heart.
II I'd rather listen to a calf caught in a guard wire
III You're dumber than
A. hammered horseshit
B. a wet sack of dog shit
C. a turkey in the rain
D. A football bat
E. A basketball glove

Last edited:

HipsterCoyote

50 Shades of Gay
I...
Am so sorry, Dinosaurdammit, I completely forgot to get those deer skeletons to you.
I went out there yesterday looking for some agarita berries and I found that I had so many little geckos I probably should get a fucking ag exemption for them

*hugs you*

ETA -
Look, Aleu, I'm sorry you're from Florida, which is like, the New Jersey of the South, bless your heart. Florida really does suck to live in, even though it has some redeeming qualities, but hey, at least Florida wasn't our fault. You can blame your precious Henry Flagler from New York for that shit.

If you don't believe me that you would be devastated without benefit from the south you could look it up for yourself and try to learn on your own, but unfortunately you don't seem to be a fan of major networks like CNN, TNT, or the Weather Channel, so, uh, getting information might be a little cumbersome. I mean I guess you could google it, but google outsources to Texas... are you sure you want to still use Google? I mean we is a bunch of backwards fucks.

I'd offer for you to leave the South but unfortunately you don't like having your oil refined so I'm looking for a horse and buggy that will take you up north. Since your car disgusts you with its dirty southern plastic fracked in New Mexico and refined in Texas, you will love to know you won't have to use oil-based plastic products anymore because we figured out how to make plastic out of corn by-products. I hope you don't mind that it was Texas A&M who led that effort, since we ain't the brightest star in the sky, you know. If that bothers you still I can put you on a plane, if you don't mind stopping in Austin, Houston, or DFW, or Georgia.

Are you getting any of this information? You kind of ruled out everything NASA ever gave you so I'm not sure you can get on the Internet.

Anyway, you don't have to LIKE the south, but don't be an ignoramus about how much you depend on it. You can go ahead and dissociate yourself from companies, providers and producers from the South and find plenty of very solid, Northern alternatives so long as you don't mind them being represented by Fulbright & Jaworski.

Last edited:

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
High treason, as before. This time around, they have the military advantage.

BrodyCoyote

Troublemaker
It takes a lot of immaturity to go, "The election didn't go my way? Secession!"

Also I know a guy who started a petition to secede from the US... for Maryland and District of Columbia. It's more than a little sarcastic. (Also some of the people signing the petitions are other states who want those states out)

In other news, straight from the office of Rick Perry:
"Gov. Perry believes in the greatness of our Union and nothing should be done to change it.​"

HipsterCoyote

50 Shades of Gay
Governor Perry is a poop head

I kind of do want us to secede to see if we can't pull it off. That's not a responsible opinion at all but, it'd be kind of awesome to try just to see if we can, haha. Like, put trade tariffs on everything we ship out currently, raise our taxes some, and just, fuckin', ride as long as we can. Months? C'mon, we could last a few months. Right?

On the subject of the South
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zlMJBI4FGU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sKhScy7E_aI

Last edited:

Kit H. Ruppell

"Oh mah gawd that ****skin done got e-lected agin! Water we gon' do now without our rats ta' shewt errything that looks at us crosswise?!"

Thank you HipsterCoyote for the lively demonstration of what Aleu meant when she spoke of "the attitude"

Gotta love the politics behind it: So, our old guy f***ed the economy, got us in unnecessary wars and ruined our reputation (correct me if the USA had a shitty reputation before Bush), when the others got the election we cock-blocked everything we could, so does our new guy spouting the same "no tax on rich!!!!11111oneeleven" stuff as the old guy get the votes? NO?! THOSE EVIL COMMUNISTS MUST HAVE CHEATED! Can't find evidence for fraud? Uhm... Let's secede!
But seeing the south secede could be interesting (mainly seeing the "united" states shooting themselves in the foot by breaking into two country's).

Kit H. Ruppell

If Texas does manage to secede, I'll bet money that the other 50 states will invade for the oil. Besides if America does lose Texas, they'll still have Puerto Rico coming in, that way it's still fifty states; so nothing was lost. :V

Anyway, if any state actually does secede; 9/10 chance that we would recognize them as a sovereign nation.
And then make them wish they hadn't :D

Willow

FAF's #1 Terrorist
Its also illegal to own pot. My point being there is a difference between it being legal/illegal and what happens/is enforced.

Also this is nothing new or old. There were secessionist movements before the Civil War (which is incorrectly named), and since. The Sioux have been trying to do this for decades . Also fun fact Scotland is voting to break away from GB in 2014 IIRC, and they might actually have the votes to do it. Same with Quebec...

I think secession is technically covered by the Constitution under states' rights, but I'm not entirely sure. But the way it's dispersed would make it hard for them to even function on their own probably.

BrodyCoyote

Troublemaker
I think secession is technically covered by the Constitution under states' rights, but I'm not entirely sure. But the way it's dispersed would make it hard for them to even function on their own probably.
Which was also written before we had stuff like interstate highways and enormous swaths of Federal land. States can't secede because there is so much Federal land, and many of them would have really high debts to pay off, essentially buying the land back.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
[yt]QxP442T-aZ0[/yt]