• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The south will rise again! South wants secession.

DrewlyYours

Buy the ticket, take the ride
So although people are unbelievably kind on a personal level, they are politically naive and uncompromising. Catch-22.

That is so true! It's hard to get any real progress on a political level. If it's not in the interest of the church then they won't let it go through. It's ass backwards, if Jesus doesn't endorse it then its the devil's work. I wish they would tell him to holler at me sometime, since they're such good pals. I got some questions for his holy ass.

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
You should just let Texas leave. I am amazed that you even let those loonatics be part of the USA for that long^^

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
You should just let Texas leave. I am amazed that you even let those loonatics be part of the USA for that long^^

But...they have oil. :V

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
But...they have oil. :V

Ok, how about this: Let them go, conquer them because of the oil and crush their retarded ultra conservative government. Worked with Iraq as well :V

Torrijos-sama

The Artist Formerly Known as Jesusfish

Texas is about as American as Switzerland is German. We've been a bilingual nation for nearly 400 years and we've tried to maintain our independence physically and economically for quite some time. Sam Houston "Father" of the Republic of Texas was famous for having been kicked out of the office of governor for refusing to take an oath of office to the Confederacy. The United States has, over the years, done more aggressive, malevolent things to Texas than it has done good things, as evidenced by the mass deportations of Tejanos after the Mexican-American war, the economic damage of the civil war, and the continued effects of multiple recessions and the continued deportation of Tejanos and undocumented immigrants over the years are all good reasons to oppose federal rule.

But, you know, I could just be a hot-headed radical that is choosing to not be blind to the things which America has done over the years, and I wish to stop being a part of the collective asshattery of the US of A.

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever
Now by the south "rising again" are you referring to my pants because yes, it does rise quite a bit. :V

Caedman

Wow. I just checked the petition for Michigan it has over 18,000 signatures. Had no idea so many people wanted to remove themselves from the United States.

Will we be called the Fractured States of America?

Shànwàng

Lavender Scented
Wow. I just checked the petition for Michigan it has over 18,000 signatures. Had no idea so many people wanted to remove themselves from the United States.

Will we be called the Fractured States of America?

Probably the UPers that found access to the internet.

Tao

Hare Boi
At least in my part of the South, that's not the popular opinion. In fact, most of the people I know think it's retarded regardless if they voted for Obama or not. I think it's a pretty bad idea too :\

There's no point in it, cuz it will only make our situation worse.

Sharpguard

You are tearing me apart Lisa!
Fuck the south, let all 50 states succeed from Washington DC. Gettin' real tired of your bullshit, Oligarchy.

Riavis

They can't secede while I'm stuck here! Also, I don't see these folks governing themselves too well for any period of time.

Mayfurr

Mostly Harmless
I think if you don't like the results you should revoke your citizenship. You don't get to take your state with you.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/...ts-Can-Secede-By-Renouncing-Their-Citizenship

The catch is that unless you take up citizenship of another country, you "... may be rendered stateless and, thus, lack the protection of any government. They may also have difficulty travelling as they may not be entitled to a passport from any country."

Besides, you're not really a "southerner" unless you're living south of the Equator - all Southerners are simply living a little less North :p

The catch is that unless you take up citizenship of another country, you "... may be rendered stateless and, thus, lack the protection of any government. They may also have difficulty travelling as they may not be entitled to a passport from any country."
Besides, you're not really a "southerner" unless you're living south of the Equator - all Southerners are simply living a little less North :p
And being stateless means that they aren't just "not our problem anymore" (USA-POV) but NOBODYs problem

Mayfurr

Mostly Harmless
And being stateless means that they aren't just "not our problem anymore" (USA-POV) but NOBODYs problem

If they can't leave the US due to lack of travel documents then they're still the US's problem - they would still be physically present in the US, and it would be illegal for them to go to Mexico or Canada or anywhere else.

Maybe Cuba could give 'em citizenship :p

If they can't leave the US due to lack of travel documents then they're still the US's problem - they would still be physically present in the US, and it would be illegal for them to go to Mexico or Canada or anywhere else.

Maybe Cuba could give 'em citizenship :p
If i remember correctly the link tells them to go to an US-embassy abroad, so we open one in one of the failed radioactive waste repository's in Germany. "Idioten Endlager in Gorleben!"

Mayfurr

Mostly Harmless
If i remember correctly the link tells them to go to an US-embassy abroad, so we open one in one of the failed radioactive waste repository's in Germany. "Idioten Endlager in Gorleben!"

I also hear Prypiat is nice and has lots of vacant accommodation going begging for a little TLC :)

I also hear Prypiat is nice and has lots of vacant accommodation going begging for a little TLC :)
"Seize this Town from the Hands of the evil communism!"? Yeah, has a nice sound to it...

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard

We can always ask toe Ukranian Government to house the denounced Americans in Chernobyl.

Princess Bubblegum

General Secretary of the USSR
Its actually ironic because of all the nations that would probably house crazy republicans the best, it would be the current nation of Russia as the right wing is the majority party, with almost 70% of the vote. Although I am not sure how they would deal with 20% of the population still being literal communists.

Although this would undoubtedly be better for me personally, as a liberal in the North, if the South left, I would see it as a step backwards from the stronger Federal Government that I want. The South can't be morons for ever, maybe in like 200 years they might get some sense, I have to look to the future.

Also you can't just succeed from the United States at the end of the day.

Mayfurr

Mostly Harmless
The South can't be morons for ever, maybe in like 200 years they might get some sense...

You mean, they'll need another 200 years? :p

Also you can't just succeed from the United States at the end of the day.

I think you mean either "you can't just succeed in the United States at the end of the day" or "you can't just secede from the United States at the end of the day".

Or both :p

DrewlyYours

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Although this would undoubtedly be better for me personally, as a liberal in the North, if the South left, I would see it as a step backwards from the stronger Federal Government that I want. The South can't be morons for ever, maybe in like 200 years they might get some sense, I have to look to the future.

You have no idea how frustrating it is to live in the south and be surrounded by the morons that bog down the progress of the human race. Especially the church here in the south, they pretty much dominate every important decision. Let's look at the lottery or gambling in general. They won't let it pass if the state were to put it to a vote, apparently its the devils work but it's ok for the church to have crowds of people spending lots of money to play bingo 3 or more nights a week in hopes of winning a large sum of money. That's the definition of gambling! That's just a tiny taste of the hipocrisy that has to be dealt with in the south. It's really hard on me and my like minded friends, dealing with the assbackwardness of some things around here. But I still love the south. The good outway the bad. Some things can just be so frustrating, but no matter where you live, things will bother you.

CrazyLee

Biggest buttplug ever