• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The State of the Union Drinking Game

G.M.

Uh.... hi?
*Not of legal drinking age*

But hey, I'd do that with caffeine drinks. I'll be up for days.

Lobo Roo

turtles natures suction cups
Somehow in the world of Christmas vs. State of the Union....:lol: I know which wins in my book, but it's actually pretty close. If Bush would give us a gift by not being an idiot...

Lobo Roo

turtles natures suction cups
Have a hard time respecting anyone who backs that "Federal Marriage Amendment," I'm afraid my bias there is pretty resolute. Protection of marriage, my ass. Then this bull war, and how many soldiers have been MURDERED, since it's total @#$%? Yeah. Not too fond of this guy.

Hanazawa

Would Like To Play a Game
You don't have to respect someone to acknowledge they're not a moron. I have a lot of disrespect for some very intelligent people. People would be dying in a war whether it was legitimate, bull, or otherwise. And as for the marriage amendment, having a different opinion, even if it's ignorant/"bigoted"/whatever word folks like to use, also does not mean that the person who holds it is stupid.

Hanazawa

Would Like To Play a Game
I have a person I love, and yes, the law would let me marry him if I wanted to, but as it is I'm not currently planning to exercise that right... and I don't really see how that's relevant to any of the points I brought up. I never said I agree with the amendment, just that people who do support it aren't inherently retarded.

Caution_Cat

Sausage Girl
I LOVE ONE TRACK MINDED PEOPLE.
Dude, stfu. :B Srsly.

I found someone smart enough to not think someone is stupid just because they disagree!!! *points at Hanazawa* Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity! You deserve a cookie!

PS: Marriage to me is the union of a man and a woman. I don't disgree with same sex couples having such a union and having the same legal rights under such a union but I don't think it should be called marriage. Personally, if I was gay, I wouldn't want it to be called marraige either. For 2 reasons, because it implies a religious belief that defies what you truly believe if you are gay (ie: christianity). And also because I would want people to understand what kind of relationship I was in by the name. Thus if I say I'm in a garraige (please pardon the horrible name but I couldn't resist) they know my partner is same sex.

PSS: Yes I know that some gay individuals are christians. My uncle is one of them. But technically speaking the bible says he's going to hell no matter what he believes. I don't personally believe in christianity or hell, and he's a great guy so I hope he's right. But technically... *points at bible*

Turbine_Divinity

Rostam The Grey said:
I found someone smart enough to not think someone is stupid just because they disagree!!! *points at Hanazawa* Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity! You deserve a cookie!

PS: Marriage to me is the union of a man and a woman. I don't disgree with same sex couples having such a union and having the same legal rights under such a union but I don't think it should be called marriage. Personally, if I was gay, I wouldn't want it to be called marraige either. For 2 reasons, because it implies a religious belief that defies what you truly believe if you are gay (ie: christianity). And also because I would want people to understand what kind of relationship I was in by the name. Thus if I say I'm in a garraige (please pardon the horrible name but I couldn't resist) they know my partner is same sex.

The problem is "marriage" as civil legal language. If the law calls it marriage, straight people don't have a right to hoard the word for their own. When the paperwork says "marriage" it's no longer exclusively a religious institution. Leave the word to churches and call all marriages, straight or gay, civil unions when it comes to government papework. Simple!

E

Epsereth

Rostam The Grey said:
PSS: Yes I know that some gay individuals are christians. My uncle is one of them. But technically speaking the bible says he's going to hell no matter what he believes. I don't personally believe in christianity or hell, and he's a great guy so I hope he's right. But technically... *points at bible*

Oh yay look! The same book that says I'm going to hell too for practicing a faith millenia older than it! Now, there's an authority with a track record worth mentioning in the face of this argument, even though you yourself don't believe in it! Thanks for pointing it out, I'm so glad that now I know better!

Now that them there Sodomites and all of us heathens have been reminded of our failure of lifestyle choice, how about we resume discussing the original subject at hand eh wot?

R5K

Rostam The Grey said:
Screw this. To quote the statistically proven truth:
The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.
;)

That's great R5K! :lol: I've never read that before. I wonder if it's true? Funny if it is.

SageHusky,
Yes, I'm aware of this, that wasn't the point. I probably should have left christianity out of the picture. My main point was actually why call it a marriage? I personally would want it called something different even if I were gay. The only reason I can see to argue that it should be called a marraige is the point of it. Otherwords, wanting it called marriage because other people don't want it to be called marriage.

Epsereth,
Understood and agreed. Christianity is rather young and has it's issues and failures. But like every religion, it also has it's good points. I used it for the sake of the discussion.

E

Epsereth

Rostam The Grey said:
Epsereth,
Understood and agreed. Christianity is rather young and has it's issues and failures. But like every religion, it also has it's good points. I used it for the sake of the discussion.

Deary, I know full well that it has it's good points. But look at what you said. You were just bringing out the most ignorant and least favorable part of it for an ignorant reason. Which, incidentally, I brought up for the sake of discussion.

So pbllth.

FuzzWolf

FurPlanet Proprietor
Pomander said:
ATTENTION: BUSH DID NOT START THAT GAY B& TRAIN.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_Marriage_Act

DEMOCRATS DEMOCRATS DEMOCRATS DEMOCRATS

Bush hate is totally passé -- he's not doing the job on his own.

http://www.lectlaw.com/files/leg23.htm
Note the list of names of the people who introduced this law. These are the ones whose idea DOMA was:

BOB BARR (GA)-R
STEVE LARGENT (OK)-R
JIM SENSENBRENNER (WI)-R
SUE MYRICK (NC)-R
ED BRYANT (TN)-R
BILL EMERSON (MO)-R
HAROLD VOLKMER (MO)-D
IKE SKELTON (MO)-D

So its not "DEMOCRATS DEMOCRATS DEMOCRATS DEMOCRATS" its actually "REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN REPUBLICAN DEMOCRAT DEMOCRAT". So, you fail at math and politics. :p

Yes, there are some Democrats who oppose gay marriage, but it always has and always will be an overwhelmingly Republican agenda to ban gay marriage.

Fuzzy

Epsereth said:
Rostam The Grey said:
Epsereth,

Deary, I know full well that it has it's good points. But look at what you said. You were just bringing out the most ignorant and least favorable part of it for an ignorant reason. Which, incidentally, I brought up for the sake of discussion.

So pbllth.

Yes! Exactly! :D