• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The "strangest" foods you've ever eaten

sleepy kitty

frisky feline
Frog legs. They taste like chicken!

MosquitoBeest

Small but Mighty
I suppose mine would be octopus that I had in Greece. The suckers were damn chewy, but overall it was good! (I love calamari so it wasn't such a big step to try).

Netanye Dakabi

people call me queen
this topic is difficult for me because my strange is not the same as your strange.

i think watermelon bread is normal and pizza is weird.

Kuroserama

Just a fox.
My parents like to tell the story of when I was 3 years old and on a cruise, I ordered escargot and the waiters were like "No, you don't want that. How about some nice mac & cheese." But I insisted that I wanted escargot. Several waiters came over to watch me eat them. Ever since I was little, my parents have encouraged me to be adventurous in trying new foods.

Honestly, it's a bunch of melted butter and garlic with cheesy, crusty edges; who wouldn't enjoy that?

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
I was ripped and when it was offered I tried the Hákarl one night in a bar near Keflavik AB, Iceland. I think we had Aquavit to wash it down. Not sure, that whole night was fuzzy except the fermented shark that tasted like ammonia. Salmiakki (salted licorice) is actually pretty good but yeah, pass on the Hákarl and the Surströmming. Particularly, don't open the can of Surströmming indoors and don't try to open it like this d00d on YouTube tried to do with a hatchet. He ends up wearing it.

Also, fried Bot bugs, Balut and Lutefisk.

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
I keep pet snakes. I feed them on (defrosted pre-killed) mice.

Once my hognose snake didn't want to eat the pinkie mouse I offered him and I didn't want the mouse to go to waste so I ate it. I popped its head like a grape and swallowed the body whole.

I am at one with the snakes.

Stray Cat Terry

고먐미
People around in my country tend to list dog meat and cat meat as exotics when it comes to food talking, while we actually tend to make every single parts of livestocks and seafood into dishes and no one questions about those! >p<

Well, anyways, this ain't Korea so maybe you can be interested or something--the GopChang!

It's just a well-washed cattle intestines, grilled or served in the soup!
Pity the FAF mobile browser says my file is too large(they always do!!), and now it's long after the point I reached the state that I'm too lazy to export it to my computer and write this all over. *shucks*

Anyways, it's got chewy parts and soft parts that can fulfill my oral-gasm. I mean... delicious!
(Well, many Koreans still hate those, but the others--like me--absolutely love em!! ÒwÓ )

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
People around in my country tend to list dog meat and cat meat as exotics when it comes to food talking, while we actually tend to make every single parts of livestocks and seafood into dishes and no one questions about those! >p<

Well, anyways, this ain't Korea so maybe you can be interested or something--the GopChang!

It's just a well-washed cattle intestines, grilled or served in the soup!
Pity the FAF mobile browser says my file is too large(they always do!!), and now it's long after the point I reached the state that I'm too lazy to export it to my computer and write this all over. *shucks*

Anyways, it's got chewy parts and soft parts that can fulfill my oral-gasm. I mean... delicious!
(Well, many Koreans still hate those, but the others--like me--absolutely love em!! ÒwÓ )
That is pretty close to Menudo - cow's stomach soup. It's okay to eat but it stinks to high hell when you're cooking it.

Speratic

Don't mind me, just lurking
One of my friend's parents bought an appliance a few years back that let's them make their own carbonated beverages. It's supposed to be for things like homemade pop. He decided to try it with milk. I stupidly took a sip after watching him almost throw up. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy ><

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
That is pretty close to Menudo - cow's stomach soup. It's okay to eat but it stinks to high hell when you're cooking it.
Exactly like our "flaki", but it is possible to buy pre-cleaned and pre-cooked packages of the main ingredient, so you skip all the unpleasant parts.

NitroFastFur

Pickled baby octopus is probably the strangest thing, though a baby eel and squid ink rice open sandwich was up there too. It was actually extremely nice

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Escargot, hands down.

Gr8fulFox

Damn, after reading these replies, the 'strangest' things I've ever eaten (calamari and fried 'gator) seem pretty damn tame. But, I'll contribute, anyway, because I find this humorous:

So, I grew-up in the Mid-Atlantic region, where scrapple is a breakfast staple. Then, I went to university in Montana, where 'Rocky Mountain Oysters' (fried bull testicles) are so popular, they have a whole festival dedicated to them; but, to my classmates, I was the 'weird one' when I told them what scrapple was all about! Hey, guess I don't know what I'm missing by not eating fried bull testicles, but they don't know what they're missing by not having 'scrapple'!