• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

The Unversed

MorbidWolf

Wolfmon
Apparently in KH 3D Vanitas appears again but died in Birth so.. That hinting we can possibly see Unverse again? Also in Birth I believe three different peope created Unverse (Queen, Tramaine and swear to god there was another one...) that have nothing to do with Vanitas so I believe in a game after KH3 and end of Xehanort Dark Seeker Saga we'll possibly see the return of the Unversed. I mean their only in one game the Nobodies technically are in three and Heartless are in almost every game. So why not add the Unverse to another game? Surely they can't be unique to Vanitas... What do you guys think?

Knuxstar

Well here's my take on an unversed as opposed to a heartless and nobody. Nobodies and heartless complete each other as a person that loses their heart makes both.
But unversed seem to come from people who are able to force the darkness from them or have it taken from them like what happened to Ven. It is possible sora lost some darkness and created his own and it is lingering around out there. And I think the other one you mean is the magic Mirror. But if the mirror is an unversed then Vanitas being the first would lose ground. With this I believe there's hope

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
:p My view on the Unversed is that the creators needed a cool boss for Aqua to fight (And we can't have her fight Lady Tremaine and the Ugly Stepsisters...even though that sounds kinda awesome. They could try to rip her dress off and maybe the fairy godmother could help out...) but forgot that they didn't work like the Heartless.

The Unversed are basically heartless anyway. They come from Vanitas who is a creature of pure darkness...the heartless are servants of the Darkness. It's not really all that deep.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Unversed are creatures formed from negativity that flourished after Vanitas and Ventus separated. Vanitas being the dark part of Ventus's heart, he created evil beings from the negativity in his dark heart. But by the end of Birth By Sleep, Vanitas and Ventus had joined together and the Unversed were no more, not to mention that Vanitas used them to make Ventus stronger. That's why they existed.

The Vanitas you see in KH3D was due to the fact that Ventus's heart lies within Sora (and that's why Sora's nobody Roxas looks like Ventus). When Sora came in contact with young Xehanort, Ventus's heart showed Sora Vanitas.

I don't believe the Unversed are coming back, personally. Vanitas wasn't really there.

Last edited:

Knuxstar

What if guys long stretch here what if someone else creates an unversed Master Xehanort has done some ridiculous stuff and with Sora plunged a bit in the darkness in Dream Drop what if Xehanort had a back up plan to take that darkness and make yet another Vanitas but what would u call that ? Soritas? HUh? well who knows. they used to be titled the unbirthed so unborn? Yet to be born? hmm brings a puzzle into play. are all the creatures in kingdom hearts yet to breathe?

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Unless Xehanort somehow created a clone ala Repliku or Sora somehow had part of his heart split,(I dunno the details of Dream Drop Distance. Haven't played it/discussed it/read about it yet.)there probably won't be another Vanitas/Soritas/whatever.
Wait, the Unversed used to be called the unbirthed? Interesting. There could definitely be something to that.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
All I'm going to say is...you guys nerd to stop playing the bad side games seriously.
The story is already crappy enough.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
All I'm going to say is...you guys nerd to stop playing the bad side games seriously.
The story is already crappy enough.
Birth By Sleep isn't bad in the slightest though. Its got a genuinely good story(well, for a Kingdom Hearts game) followable even if you haven't played the other games with gameplay content on par with Kingdom Hearts II and actual effort put into its OST rather than recycling almost all KHII tracks like the DS ones.

Its not a side game nor is it bad. Its extremely important to the overall plot of Kingdom Hearts and explains a ton of things (why Xehanort is obsessed with Kingdom Hearts, what Organization XIII was like before becoming nobodies, why Roxas looks the way he does, why Pete works for Malificent in KHII, where Kairi came from, and why Riku can wield a keyblade for instance). You wanna talk bad side games? Then talk about RE: Coded or 358/2 Days.

Last edited:

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
358/2 Days.

I actually purchased that one. Such a waste of money. Kinda why I will never buy another Kingdom Hearts game other than the story being done over and over.

Birth by Sleep had some great gameplay, I loved the fusing of the commands and Ven, Terra, and Aqua were all different enough (strategy wise anyway) to be interesting. I like Aqua's moves the most, but Ven's got Faith/Salvation and that bitching tornado magic move...soo uuuhhh. I can't decide.

I rather didn't like some of the boss fights. Aqua fighting the Magic Mirror made little sense. Ven's "Giant Crowd of Jellyfish Unversed" in the Colosseum was the height of laziness.

The English voice actors for the trio were flat and dull, Aqua having none of her noble speaking voice which made the Japanese one great. And hey, what do you know? It's another story where Not Ansem is the not-so secret boss and Maleficent is starting some hoodoo. Haven't. Seen. That. Before.

I think it's release for the PSP was sorta a shame. Hardly anyone had one which made it's player vs. player level kinda worthless. (I only bought one to play BBS in fact. It was Miley Cyrus/Hanna Montana pink <3) It's clear Kingdom Hearts was not as important to Square as much as Final Fantasy 13. And they've neglected Kingdom Hearts 3 for so long, most of their older fanbase has outgrown it and it's tropey, hackish storyline. We're not gonna accept table scraps like it was sirloin steak.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
I actually purchased that one. Such a waste of money. Kinda why I will never buy another Kingdom Hearts game other than the story being done over and over.
Days existed mostly because Organization XIII was so popular. It was a fanservice game, really. I think its unfair to stop there just because of that game though. Just skip the DS games in general. From what I've heard, Dream Drop Distance is about on par with BBS.
Birth by Sleep had some great gameplay, I loved the fusing of the commands and Ven, Terra, and Aqua were all different enough (strategy wise anyway) to be interesting. I like Aqua's moves the most, but Ven's got Faith/Salvation and that bitching tornado magic move...soo uuuhhh. I can't decide.

The English voice actors for the trio were flat and dull, Aqua having none of her noble speaking voice which made the Japanese one great. And hey, what do you know? It's another story where Not Ansem is the not-so secret boss and Maleficent is starting some hoodoo. Haven't. Seen. That. Before.

I think it's release for the PSP was sorta a shame. Hardly anyone had one which made it's player vs. player level kinda worthless. (I only bought one to play BBS in fact. It was Miley Cyrus/Hanna Montana pink <3) It's clear Kingdom Hearts was not as important to Square as much as Final Fantasy 13. And they've neglected Kingdom Hearts 3 for so long, most of their older fanbase has outgrown it and it's tropey, hackish storyline. We're not gonna accept table scraps like it was sirloin steak.
I'm surprised. I found Aqua to be the most frustrating to play, although I think the reason for that is that I don't like using magic and I don't like her voice. I'll agree all three of the characters had poor voice acting. Even Ventus, who had the same VA as Roxas did, sounded worse, although I think that was because of them having different personalities and the VA trying to make them distinct.
As for Not Ansem, who are you talking about exactly? Do you mean Xehanort's heartless, or someone else? Either way, I didn't know he was in the game. Where is he? I wanna fight him.
As for Maleficent, in BBS she was just another Disney world boss save for her brief cutscene where she manipulates Pete. I don't think there's anything wrong with her causing trouble in her own world. At least they didn't make her important like in KHI or pseudo important like in KHII.

Also its a shame you bought a PSP for the game considering the current HD re-release, although in that version there is no multiplayer (although I believe that may have been replaced with NPC fights? Not sure, not familiar with the PSP version).

In any case, I dunno. Yeah Square definitely cares more about Final Fantasy but its hard to blame them for that considering it IS there highest selling series.
As for the quality of KH games, I think the numbered titles will always get the most focus. I was extremely quality, II was extremely quality. I figure they'd do the same with III, especially considering how long its been in development. The trailers for it look promising at least.
And its not as if BBS was bad, even if it did seem like table scraps. I hear Dream Drop Distance is about on par with it too.

Though I have been told that there are two teams that work on KH games. One team made I and II and the other made 358/2 Days and RE:Coded. I dunno who did BBS but I believe based on what I've heard that its the Days/Coded team.
I've also been told that III is being worked on by that team, which admittedly is worrying. But we'll see. Things could turn out better than expected.

Last edited:

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
Birth By Sleep isn't bad in the slightest though. Its got a genuinely good story(well, for a Kingdom Hearts game) followable even if you haven't played the other games with gameplay content on par with Kingdom Hearts II and actual effort put into its OST rather than recycling almost all KHII tracks like the DS ones.

Its not a side game nor is it bad. Its extremely important to the overall plot of Kingdom Hearts and explains a ton of things (why Xehanort is obsessed with Kingdom Hearts, what Organization XIII was like before becoming nobodies, why Roxas looks the way he does, why Pete works for Malificent in KHII, where Kairi came from, and why Riku can wield a keyblade for instance). You wanna talk bad side games? Then talk about RE: Coded or 358/2 Days.

Well i suppose i can look into that one...
Wait...isnt birth by sleep the metal gear acid version of KH?

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
I will say that Xehanort in Birth By Sleep had the sexiest voice ever. I don't mean literally sexy, I just loved listening to him talk.Probably some of the best voice acting in the series done by him there, even if most everyone else was weak.
Well i suppose i can look into that one...
Wait...isnt birth by sleep the metal gear acid version of KH?
Metal Gear acid? What's that?

EDIT: Forgive me if I seem too overbearing or sound like "No you're wrong" at any point. I'm a tad bit too passionate over this series.

Last edited:

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
I will say that Xehanort in Birth By Sleep had the sexiest voice ever. I don't mean literally sexy, I just loved listening to him talk.Probably some of the best voice acting in the series done by him there, even if most everyone else was weak.
Metal Gear acid? What's that?

EDIT: Forgive me if I seem too overbearing or sound like "No you're wrong" at any point. I'm a tad bit too passionate over this series.

Metal gear acid is basically a metal gear game that uses cards for moves and items...it didn't do very well

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Metal gear acid is basically a metal gear game that uses cards for moves and items...it didn't do very well
Oh okay. Birth By Sleep isn't like that, no. Chain of Memories/RE:Chain of Memories is the only game in the series where you fight using cards. I personally think it was a fun game, although I can see why people would dislike it.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
As for Not Ansem, who are you talking about exactly? Do you mean Xehanort's heartless, or someone else?

No I'm referring to Master Xehanort. Who is Teranort who is Ansem seeker of darkness aka Xehanort's heartless. Who is also Xemnas the Nobody of Xehanort. This guy is the bad guy in every single Kingdom Hearts game except prehaps that terrible 358/2 days and the vastly underrated DS version of Chain of Memories. (I like to call Master Xehanort Nimoy Ansem because he's voiced by Spock in the English verison.) Hell, his past time travelling self has to be the bad guy in Dream Drop. It's really stale.

And in BBS, its implied Xehanort has met her before and introduced ideas to her. (Which I think would been cool to see, but let's just have him mustache twirl with Terra instead.)

As for your numbered titles theory, no I rather don't think Kingdom Hearts 2 was quality work at all. It was rather lack luster and the characters/story had no depth to them. They took less chances too. As opposed to Chain of Memories, where they took chance after chance and people hated it. Think about it.

The story was given priority to the action. (Alice uses the Queen of Hearts own foolishness against her, Maleficent is actually an enemy to Belle and Beast and not restricted to being some anime big bad, Belle and Beast actually have a story line revolving around their love, the Organization is HELLA manipulative and not just being the Monitors from DC's Countdown.) Actually, Atlantica sucked but Atlantica always sucks. It's a curse.

The Final Bad for Sora's Arc was Marluxia. Who wasn't an Ansem clone and was actually pretty damn clever and his plan wasn't too convoluted either. No time travel, no 13 pieces of darkness, no using the heartless to take every single heart to open up Kingdom Hearts. He just wanted to control Sora. Not try hard at all.

The Card System was vastly different from the hack and slash people were used to, and I think it really turned people off. (It did my friends anyway...but this was a gameboy advanced so what could the team really do?)

I just feel ever since Chain of Memories, all the teams working on Kingdom Hearts decided change was a bad thing. And that's why it's the Xehanort show now and characterization is none existent but flashy, theatrical moves are the selling point.

Well, perhaps I did forget one small change. In Dream Drop, you have pokemon ripoffs. But that's how low they've sank. They aren't succeeding by producing the same game over and over again...so why not take something from a series that is successful by making the same game over and over again?

I've just lost all my faith in the series.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
i wouldn't lose faith to a couple of bad side games, remember, even final fantasies side games (except tactics) were really bad.
Just wait until KH3 appears, things might get better and if not, just enjoy killing the heartless again.
Which is one thing i kinda miss, the heartless being the main enemy.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
i wouldn't lose faith to a couple of bad side games, remember, even final fantasies side games (except tactics) were really bad.
Just wait until KH3 appears, things might get better and if not, just enjoy killing the heartless again.
Which is one thing i kinda miss, the heartless being the main enemy.
but he didn't even like 2 :(
And Xehanort is the bad guy in 3.
Its not until after III does this Xehanort Saga arc end.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
TBh 2 wasn't my favourite either, i wish it was harder like KH1 was.
But the thing i hated most was the whole playing as multiple characters at a time scheme.
Dream drop distance: lets get the two characters to do the same slightly small maps and only change the story slightly and the boss.
Birth by sleep: lets have the characters explore worlds that are way too small.

I would prefer it if you got 1 party member to play as and 2 characters following behind with tons of worlds and tons of stuff to do in them. Like 1 and 2.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
i wish it was harder like KH1 was.
II was definitely way too easy in many ways.
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix Critical mode may potentially remedy that. Its a new difficulty setting. Makes your HP lower, enemy attacks stronger, and lowers the amount of experience you gain per battle. Also at the beginning of the game, if you don't pick the shield, you won't get the abilities Once More and Second Chance until extremely late in the game which can really affect how well you do on some fights.
Also with Exp Zero ability set if you want a real challenge. It disallows gaining experience. Strangely enough enemies aren't tedious to fight at level 1. They still die quickly.(video is of one of the new bosses that's REALLY REALLY hard to beat)
[video=youtube;erhpBhLHLUw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erhpBhLHLUw[/video]
It was rather lack luster and the characters/story had no depth to them. They took less chances too. As opposed to Chain of Memories, where they took chance after chance and people hated it. Think about it.

The story was given priority to the action. (Alice uses the Queen of Hearts own foolishness against her, Maleficent is actually an enemy to Belle and Beast and not restricted to being some anime big bad, Belle and Beast actually have a story line revolving around their love, the Organization is HELLA manipulative and not just being the Monitors from DC's Countdown.) Actually, Atlantica sucked but Atlantica always sucks. It's a curse.

The Final Bad for Sora's Arc was Marluxia. Who wasn't an Ansem clone and was actually pretty damn clever and his plan wasn't too convoluted either. No time travel, no 13 pieces of darkness, no using the heartless to take every single heart to open up Kingdom Hearts. He just wanted to control Sora. Not try hard at all.

The Card System was vastly different from the hack and slash people were used to, and I think it really turned people off. (It did my friends anyway...but this was a gameboy advanced so what could the team really do?)

I just feel ever since Chain of Memories, all the teams working on Kingdom Hearts decided change was a bad thing. And that's why it's the Xehanort show now and characterization is none existent but flashy, theatrical moves are the selling point.
They have used Xehanort as the bad guy for far too long. Thankfully after III it'll all be over and Xehanort will be no more.

Chain of Memories really was a fantastic game and I wish more people liked it. I even like the card system. Made strategy important to combat. Marluxia was a cool villain too and every single little story in the game all added to and was relevant to the main story's themes, which revolved around memories. It was a well crafted game.

I would argue that at least each member of Organization XIII was pretty decent character wise in II though. Well, most of them anyways.

Last edited:

Knuxstar

Squaredisney I demand another prequel solely on the keyblade war! And for me birth by sleep is depressing Unversed aside
Its like the Clannad of video games for me you Fall in love playing as those 3 kids and then damn gone they are virtually screwed in so many ways
Sure Terra and Ven Are another Sora and Riku in a few ways but still waiting for KH 3 is driving me mad. The unversed are cool and should come back and I've thought of another way. And it has to do with that ridiculous theory of mine that most of my friends wtf at.
Epic mickey is mickeys early years before kingdom hearts. Think about it? Anyone else think about that. Before he was an apprentice he screwed up a lot of s***
Now say someone else got their hands on that paintbrush. The havoc they could cause. The unversed are the unborn and unloved. What could have been Forgotten. Much like the forgotten toons in the waste land. So if the wasteland is a world a world that never was but truly is. I'd Expect that area to have unversed if they add it. And how come no ones putting logic into this? Matter cannot be created nor destroyed unless you believe in God that is. So Master Xehanort is there playing god and practically creates unversed.. he can do it again... But He won't nah his heart experiments one by one He's going to create something else something more deadly I bet. Xehanorts create the monsters by altering hearts. It won't just be simple. I doubt it. But maybe just maybe by combining all the creatures into one game would make it harder. I want to tackle through everything again. Heartless Nobodies Unversed even those dream eaters. But still up to the creators. And it's still better then sonic boom.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Squaredisney I demand another prequel solely on the keyblade war!
Have you heard of Kingdom Hearts x[chi]?
http://kingdomhearts.jp/

Its a Japan only browser game made by square that takes place during the Keyblade war. You create a character and then go out and fight heartless (which exist in it for some reason). It has a story but I don't know the details.

Last edited: